Worried sick I might have breast cancer

Hi everyone I have only joined this forum today as I am wanting a little bit of advice if possible please.

I am 37 years old and have 4 children. There is no family history of breast cancer as far as I know of and I’m a great weight and don’t smoke or drink.

Last week I got in the bath and noticed that my right nipple was covered in a horrible yellowish scab,it looked like what you get when you have a cold sore. It wasn’t painful and the flaky scab just wiped off.
When I had my daughter 2 years ago I breast fed and sometimes would get colostrum that would leak and leave a very similar of thing on my nipples.

What worries me if that it is only one sided. To top it off I couldn’t find a lump in my breast as I check every month but I did find a lump in the centre of my arm pit.
I made an appointment the next day with my doctor who said the lump was actually a swollen lymph node.
She said if I wouldn’t have had the scab on my nipple she would have not done anything about it but to be on the safe side she will refer me to the breast clinic which would take 2-3 weeks for my appointment.

Although I am trying not to worry I feel sick to my stomach and of course I have been on google which keeps leading me to Paget’s disease of the breast.

Has anyone had anything similar please ?

Hi Sam,
Well, you’ve got the breast clinic appointment, so you’ve done everything you need to, to get it seen to.
Inevitably, waiting is the pits & the mind does go into overdrive, but of all the things it can be, bc is the least likely outcome.
What can help with the wait, is to step away from google as any search inevitably leads to bc & only leads to a whole shed load of unnecessary anxiety which doesn’t change anything. The clinic will sort it out for you. If you do need info, then it’s on the main bcc site here - much more reassuring than google!
It can also help to keep yourself busy & distract yourself whilst waiting, although easier said than done of course!
If you want to, come back & chat whenever you need to & let is know how you get on.
ann x

Thank you so much Ann and I will keep you updated X