Worried

Hiya everyone, recently I have been experiencing swelling and pain in my right breast, which is now around a cup size larger than my left. I have found thickenings around my nipple and went to the GP. He referred me to the breast cinic, and put me on a course of antibiotics as the pain feels very like mastitis (I had this whilst breasr feeding my children…many years ago lol) but didn’t seem too worried. However the antibiotics aren’t reducing the pain or the swelling. Since then I have noticed a discolouration which looks like tiny thread veins and a white raised patch which goes under my areola and seems to cause crepiness in my skin in this area. I’m now quite worried, and wondered if anyone else experienced these types of symptoms.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this
Lisa

Hi Lisa and welcome to the BCC forums

In addition to the support you will soon have here please feel free to call our helpline, our team are here to offer you further support and information on 0808 800 6000, lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Sat

You may find the BCC 'Worried ’ page useful and you can read it here:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/worried?utm\_source=promo\_content&%3Butm\_medium=help\_you&%3Butm\_campaign=worried

Take care

Lucy

Hi Lucy, thanyou for your reply. I have got the date through for my clinic appointment. Monday seems a very long way away. A feeling that I’m sure everyone here will relate to. Onwards and upwards, so they say.

The link was very informative.

Thanks again.

Lisa

Hi Lisa
I’m so sorry that you have this horrible waiting. This is the best site to be on (I’m sure you’ve been told not to Google!) I don’t have experience of your symptoms, but send you a virtual hug. Try to keep calm, breathe deeply and if possible, stay busy. I know exactly what you’re going through. Cress X

Hi Cress, thankyou for your reply. My appointment is for Monday, and it can’t come quick enough lol. My breast pain and swelling haven’t reduced, and now I have swelling, pain and thickening as well as lumpiness under my armpit. I am worrying myself sick…but I’d rather know than not. It will be what it will be. Sending huge hugs to everyone out there going through similar. It is comforting to know I’m not in this alone

There is nothing that anyone can say to stop you worrying, try to distract yourself with nice things, shopping, chocolate, family, friends, DVD box sets, whatever works for you.

Make sure you take someone with you to your appointment on Monday as you will feel bewildered and it can be a lot to take in. Write down any questions, no question is silly or irrelevant.

Good luck Lisa

Jan x

Good luck for Monday Lisa. Big hugs.
Emma x

Lots of Luck for Monday Lisa. Will be thinking of you make sure you pop back and let us know.
Love Maggie x

Good luck for Monday xx

Good luck for tomorrow x

hi Lisa. How did today go? Sending good wishes your way xx

Hiya everyone, I’ve just this minute got in. I had an ultrasound and mammogram, and both came back clear.
The doctor suggested that as i have been on HRT for over 10 years, this may be the culprit for my symptoms. So back to the GP to try this tack.
Thank you all for your support. I don’t know what I would have done without you, you kept me sane in an insane situation xxxxxx

That’s wonderful news. I’m so pleased for you xx

Great news. Hope you get the HRT sorted x

So happy to hear your news. what a stressful few weeks for you. take good care of yourself non the less thogh! :slight_smile:

So pleased to hear you got good news xx