Worried

Hi everyone.  I hope I am ok posting on here as I just have a couple of questions.  I had my first mammogram on the 2nd July this year.  I have just received a later saying I need to go back for another one as they can see changes in my breast/breasts.  The letter said I need another mammogram within six months.  We rang up today and they went on about there been a waiting list but we told them that it was five months ago since I had it done.  They have given me an appointment to go to hospital in January.  I live in Spain and just wondered is this a normal amount of time you would have to wait in the U.K. if there was a problem with a mammogram before they got back to you.

Also is it anything to be worried about, I know bit of a silly question as no one knows yet or they do but don´t tell you anything in the letter.  I am also worried as if there is a problem is six months before another check quite a long time to wait as if I do have anything wont it be spreading etc.

Thank you for listening.:smileyhappy:

Hi sunflowers

It sounds like you’re having a worrying time at the moment.  Whilst you are waiting for the other users to reply with their knowledge and experience you might find it helpful to talk things through with a member of staff on the helpline.  Here you can share your thoughts and concerns with someone who will offer you a listening ear as well as emotional support and practical information.  The number to call from Spain is

(+44) 2076 200 077 and lines are open weekdays 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 2pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Faciltiator

<Empty imported post>