Worried.....

Hi all im new here and i need some support and advice please. I am 37 and I have noticed in the last month or so that my right breast has significantly enlarged with a noticable mass on the top. I have a very high risk of breast cancer as my genetics clinic have told me. I am also at risk of ovarian cancer but due to endometriosis a few years ago i have had a full historectomy and ovaries removed. Mu mum died of ovarian cancer at 59 and close aunts and cousins have breast and ovarian cancer. My partner noticed my swelled boob and told me to go to the drs. I did this on Monday. The dr noticed my boob straight away and felt and measured the lump which i think was 8 cm long and 5 wide. He said it was deep. I also have very bad back pain right behind my right breast on my shoulder blade and the top of my right arm. I am also currently on hrt until im 51 the dr said he wants me off it asap also. My nipple is also numb. He asked me if there were any questions. I asked if i had bc and he said there is a strong possibility. I am now waiting on a mamogram and biopsy he said it shouldnt be long. I was wondering if anyone can relate to this please as I actually know deep down in my gut It will be possible that I have this. But if i have im ready to fight as I aint going nowhere yet.

Thanks for reading all comments appreciated.

Kind regards Marie x

Hi Marie and welcome to the BCC forums

I am sorry to read that you have this worry and I am sure your fellow users will be along soon with support for you

Please also feel free to call our helpliners to talk things through on 0808 800 6000, lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays

Best wishes
Lucy BCC

Thank you So much Lucy. Its great to know there are a network of people who will be happy to help and share experiences. This is a scary time for anyone to be hanging on. I am in awe of anyone going through this terrible disease and are battling to beat cancers butt!! They are so so brave. It makes me feel comfortable though knowing there is always someone there through good and bad times. Thanks again much appreciate the acceptance. Hope to hear from someone really soon x