Worry and Waiting :-(

Found a very hard mass in right breast about 6 weeks ago. Went to GP who referred me 2 week for appointment ( difficult two weeks thinking all sorts of things) had mammogram and Ultrasound and told all clear thought phew then there was the  “However” definetaly a hardeneing of tissue so biopsy competed as a “precaution” , now got to wait another two weeks. It is all the waiting that is so difficult. Trying to be positive but  feel like I was handed a pass which was then quickly taken away. They said I have to go back for results and refused to send to GP despite hospital being 40 minutes drive away, which worried me again that they will need me in person. Just want to know one way or the other…

Hi ,same thing happened to me , although I was called back after mammogram ,radiologist said not worried after ultrasound but will do biopsy as a precaution. Came away happy then started thinking if there was no chance why do a biopsy?Unfortunately or maybe I should say fortunately my biopsy did show I had cancer.Very early stage was all removed by lumpectomy operation and have 3 weeks of radiotherapy which is to help stop a reoccurrence.I think "thank goodness "they did play safe because I had no lump or symptoms and wouldn’t have been aware of anything wrong til it was a lot more serious.However this does not mean this will happen to you ,if you look at stats I think you will find most biopsies reveal it is NOT cancer.There is lots of support on this forum if you do get diagnosed and it is most certainly not a death sentence the vast majority if women diagnosed will still be here in 10 years time.