64353members
338792posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst feeling ever watching my daughter in so much pain.

82 REPLIES 82

Re: Worst feeling ever watching my daughter in so much pain.

Misty my heart is breaking for you and your family. I know you must feel so numb right now and I can only imagine the pain that you are all feeling right now. Lots of love and prayers. RIP Sam x

Suzanne x

Hello Misty, I was so sad to read your post when I returned home after a few days away.

The beauty Sam had - inner and outer - shone through every word you wrote, and I am sure she knew your love surrounding her right up to the end. I am sure that she is now at peace, freed from the struggles and pain of her final weeks and days. You will all have so many precious memories, which in time will be a source of comfort and even laughter as you recall things she said or did. For now, just be very gentle with yourself, take time to grieve and then find your way onwards.

RIP Sam, another young life stolen away by this cruel disease.

Hello Misty,
We can imagine your daughter as the beautiful young woman she was , both inside and out and we pray for strength for all your immediate family and friends to cope with the next few hours and days. Loving thoughts and prayers Tracy xxx

My beautiful daughter was laid to rest today, a very sad day and a terrible end to 2012 for us.
We now reflect on the happy memories of her life that keep us going and help us get through this. Although the pain is still very raw, her boys have been very brave and are receiving lots of cuddles.
I wish I could show you all a picture of Sam so you could all see what a stunningly beautiful woman she was.
Rest in Peace now my darling, sweet dreams, I know God must need avery special angel to take you from us so young.
Thank you to everyone, you cannot imaging how much your support and kindness has help us through this.
Love to you all, and for those of you who are fighting this terrible battle please stay strong don't give up and God Bless you all.
Love Misty xxx

What a beautiful post from Ann. I just want to add my love and prayers along with the other ladies and men. I know you will try and be strong for your grand sons, so I am praying for strength for you all as the arrangements are made to say your final goodbyes. Sam knew that you loved her so much and you will now be a source of comfort for her boys. I can sort of hear her saying " look after them for me Mum " . Nothing can take away your pain but we are holding you up to cope as you meet family and friends who all want to pay tribute to your lovely daughter. Love and gentle hugs Tracy xxx

Dear Misty
i haven't posted on this thread before but have been watching and thinking of you all. So sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you all at this difficult time.
mals x

Dear Misty may the peace which comes from the memories of love shared comfort you now and in the days ahead.What moves through us is a silence, a quiet sadness, a longing for one more day, one more word, one more touch, we may not understand why you left this earth so soon, or why you left before we were ready to say good-bye, but little by little, we begin to remember not just that you died, but that you lived. And that your life gave us memories too beautiful to forget.thinking of you and your family at this sad time god bless
Community Champion

My heart goes out to you and your family. Sam sounds like a wonderful woman and your love for her is obvious.I pray that you and her husband children and family will find the strength to get through these awful days, I hope that the knowledge that your darling Sam is now free of pain will bring you a little comfort. my thoughts and prayers are with you all RIP Sam

So very sorry to hear your sad news. My thoughts are with you and your family. x

Dear Misty
I am so sorry to hear that your darling daughter has passed away my sincere condolences to you and your family xx
It makes me so angry that doctors dismiss so many people as they think they are "too young" to get breast cancer this has to stop more people need to be made aware that you can get breast cancer at any age and NOT just over 50! I have heard of people being in their early 20's. Something has to be done so people are not dying unnecessarily this is so unfair and I feel for you as a mother like me and my children are all under the age of 11 (I have BC and am 10 years older than your daughter) her poor boys and husband so sorry to go on but this is dreadful xxxxx

Thank you all for your kind words and blessings its very heart warming and you have all been a great comfort to me and the family, bless you all.

Misty,

I have read your posts from the beginning and have been touched with the love you have for your lovely daughter. My sincere condolences to you, her husband and two young sons. Sam is now at peace and no more suffering for her. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Take care and much love, Liz, x.

Rest in heavenly peace Sam. Another life lost far too soon. The power a Mum has to want to be with her children is just so powerful, and I am pleased that you were there for Christmas.

I am so sorry to hear your daughter has passed, As a mother myself, there is nothing worse than losing your child. She is free of pain and has gone into the light. I am sure all of the members on here send their prayers out to you at this awful time. My thoughts are with you and your family, and her husband and her beautiful children,Your angel sleeps peacefully now x

This is indeed a cruel, horrible disease. Your daughter has now found peace and she is out of pain. Please accept my condolences. X

GMT

I too read about your daughter before Christmas and have thought about you, Sam and her family many times these last few days. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts are with you all.
Gaynor x

I read your post before Christmas and have thought about you a lot since, I am so sad to hear that Sam has been taken from you.
Lemoncake
x

So sorry to hear this sad news. Another angel taken too soon. Sleep peacefully now Sam.
Liz x

So Sorry, RIP Sam

So sorry to hear your sad news. My sincere condolences to you and your family.
X

My thoughts are with you and all Sams family and friends.x

Oh I am so sorry to hear this sad news. At least Sam is at peece now. How she must have loved her family to struggle to hang on for one last Christmas with you all. Everything must seem very raw just now but I am sure you will have many happy memories to share with her children as they grow older.
thinking of you all at this sad time
Caroline x

so sorry to hear your sad news, sending you and your family love and hugs
xxx

So very sad to read this news, RIP to your darling girl & love & prayers to you & your family xxxx

So very sorry to hear your very sad news may Sam rest in peace, thinking of you and all that loved her xx

Dear misty

On behalf of all the moderators at Breast Cancer Care I too would like to add my condolences to you and your family.

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

I am so very sad to hear this. I wish you and your family much love in these most horrible of times. Thank you for letting us all know and sharing these last few weeks with us. RIP Sam xxx

Just totally and utterly heartbreaking I wish i could say something profound to help you but i can’t because the tears keep flowing lady i never knew but whose passing breaks my heart

So so sad , this truely is a cruel disease my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this saddest of times xx

So very sorry, thinking of her loved ones at this very sad time x

So sorry your daughter has passed, wishing you strength during such a difficult time. xxx

So very sad Misty - thinking of you and all your family xx

Highlighted

May you find peace and comfort at this sad time x

So very sorry Misty, sending you gentle hugs xxxxx
KQ

Community Champion

So saddened, Misty, your beautiful daughter is painfree and at peace now, thinking of you and your family xx

dib

Im so very sorry Misty,your daughter is at peace now,no more pain,i dont know what to say at this awful time,bless you and your family,
Di.x

Its with heartbreak and great sadness that I tell you all that my darling daughter passed away this morning at 7.57am Friday 28th December 2012.
R.I.P. My Darling daughter, I love you now and always.

I'll hear your whisper in the wind,
I'll see your tears in the rain,
I'll smell your perfume in a deep red rose,
I'll feel your touch from the depths of my heart.
And I'll follow your footsteps in the sand till the day you lead me back into your arms again.

My Special Girl, love forever mum xxxx

Secret - misty I am so sorry to hear your sad news. Your daughter is now at peace.

Hi Misty so sorry you and your family are going through such a heart braking time
My father fought on and on and watching his struggle was so painful at the end my mother gave my father permission to go she told him she would all ways love him and that he must not worry about living us we would all look after each other and if he needed to go he could and she told him she was sure we would all see one another again. I remember how painful it was but at the end he found peace, as a mother I can not begin to imagine how it must feel to see your lovely daughter struggle I will remember you all in my prayers god bless ANN.G

Oh Misty, I wish I could answer that question! I believe she will find peace, but maybe that will be right at the end of her time on earth.

I am sure you know this already, but even when sedated and/or dying people still have some awareness, especially of sound. Just hearing your voice reassuring her of your love will be a help. Sometimes people seem to need permission to leave us - and there may come a point where you feel you are ready to say to Sam that it's fine for her to go, that whilst you will miss her immeasurably, you will all cope. It must be so hard for you all just now, when the world seems obsessed with Christmas jollity and your hearts are breaking. If it really matters to Sam to see Christmas one more time, I'm sure she will give her best shot, and maybe then be able to let go?

Gentle hugs for all of you.

Hello All thank you so much for your prayer's and kind comments.
Revcat - The nurses are doing a great job of keeping Sam as pain free as possible. She is sedated most of the time and does become frustrated when trying to hold a lucid conversation and through confusion can't always make us understand what she is saying. However she appears to be very aware of what is happening around her, its like her body is not co-operating with her brain. Sam has asked previously when more lucid if she is going to get better and fully understands that she is not and her body is shutting down, accepting it though is a different matter.
Her personality and caring nature has always been to protect others which I still feel she is trying to do now.
Will she ever find peace to let go or will she fight to the end? who know's.
Misty xxx

Holding you in my prayers, I hope your daughter finds peace. Love to all x

Sending Sam, you and your family love and peace at this extremely difficult time xx

My heart goes out to you and your family at this saddest of times to see your child like this must be so painful you are a wonderful mother and my prayers and thoughts are with you all xx

Love and prayers to you all x x
suzanne

Love and hugs to you all during this very difficult time xxx

sending love and prayers
big hugs xx

Thinking so much of you and Sam and the rest of your family. It is so very difficult to watch someone you love so much suffer. I really hope that her pain can be managed properly and she can find peace.
xxx