Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worth a mention?

6 REPLIES 6
ann-m
Community Champion

Re: Worth a mention?

hi gigglesainly,
Your gp cant tell by feeling it exactly what it is, therefore do ask for a referral to the breast clinic to get to the bottomof it, you are not overacting or making a fuss.
mostly all turns out to be well, but only the breast clinic can give you the all clear.
ann x
Mabelbabel

Hello Gigglesainley,
I just wondered how you were getting on, if you had noticed any change in your rice like lump?
I ask as I have found something which I can only describe as the tip of a grain of rice.

Hope everything has turned out well for you.

Mabel x
Lily59

Dear Gigglesainley,

I'm glad you saw your G.P. It sounds pretty positive to me and although It doesn't really answer your concerns, I'm sure that if he suspected that something wasn't right he would have referred you straight away. I hope you can manage not to worry about it until you see him again.  

If you want to talk to someone about it why not give the helpline on here a call - they can help and advise you, or just listen to any worries you have. All the best to you x Lily

Gigglesainley

Just an update, back from doctors and he wants to see me in a month. He said it is only very small maximum 2mm and he isn't convinced it is anything to worry about. If it is still there when I go back he will send me for more tests. I'm not sure how I feel about that Xx

Gigglesainley

Thank you Lily, I am just afraid to make a fuss. I am only 40 and there is no history of breast cancer in my family so the risk must be incredibly low. But there is a little worry feeling that isn't going away. xx
Lily59

Hello Gigglesainley,

I think for your peace of mind you should see your G.P. just to check it out, otherwise it will play on your mind. Chances are it will be nothing to worry about but best to be sure.  Wishing you all the best. xx Lily

Gigglesainley

Worth a mention?

Hello, I am unsure whether this is worth mentioning to be honest so I am just looking for some reassurance/guidance. I have just found a 'lump' (I can't think of what else to call it but it isn't big enough to be classed as such I don't think) it is about the same size or just smaller than an uncooked grain of rice and feels as hard, and like it is stood on its end, if that makes sense.  It isn't visible and there is no pain so is it even worth saying anything about just yet?

Thank you in advance for any advice you may have x