Would like to speak with others who's husband has withdrawn from the marriage after a cancer diagnos

Diagnosed 5 years ago. Treatment complete and still on tamoxifen and venlafaxine. My husband was there for me but quiet during treatment. He began to withdraw at diagnosis and now we are just roommates. I would like to hear from anyone who has experienced this and how you were able to resolve the problem. He refuses to speak about anything other than his work or the children. I survived cancer and feel like I’m dying inside from lack of love in my marriage. Things still look good on the outside. He gives me gifts and is a good provider but refuses to give affection. He will accept any affection I offer. Any input gratefully received. Many thanks

Hi Lmom77,

I’m sorry to hear you’ve been experiencing this. You may find you receive a better response in the Sex and relationships private group. You will have to request access to the group first.

In the meantime, you can always call our helpline on 0808 800 6000, who will be able to offer a friendly ear. The opening hours are below:

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Wednesday, 9am-7pm
Saturday, 9am-1pm

Best wishes, 

Bonita

Thank you for your reply bonita. I will follow up on this. Have used your call. On number for valuable local respurces. I feel your service cares about people