Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wound bleeding

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted

Re: Wound bleeding

Ok thanks I will leave it alone

I'm never been this way about things before I'm always the strong one that sorts everything thing out but just feel so useless

S

Highlighted
Community Champion

Otter

Perhaps it might be a good idea to leave it alone and see what happens, if it is no better by Monday make an appointment to see your GP to get it checked out again.  Its hard as you want it to heal so that you can move on but perhaps you just need to be a little patient.

Helena xxxx

Highlighted

Hi

Just wondering I've been on the anti biotics since Monday but wound is still a bit pussy even though I've been  cleaning it and covering it or should I leave it alone 

It's only about half cm at very end of wound

Just want to make sure it heals as quickly as it can

Thanks

S

Highlighted
Community Champion

Otter

Just make sure you dont overdo it though xxx

Highlighted

Hi Helena

Yes hopefully they will soon work

BCN didn't say as until I get the results from Onotype test I want know what my treatment plan is

I was going stir crazy so until I know the results work seemed the best option

Thanks

Sarah

Highlighted
Community Champion

Sarah

Thank goodness you went to the GP at least you have anti biotics so it will clear up soon and heal xxx 

Did you bcn say anything about whether having an infection would delay your treatment plan?

Good to hear that you are on a phased return and that you day has gone well, not surprised you are tired.

I must admit when I was waiting to start rads I went back to work, only 3 days a week 4 hours a day as I was getting stir crazy at home and needed to distract myself.

Helena xxx

Highlighted

Hi

Phoned BCN who just told me to see gp mine was on leave but saw locum who said I had an infection so have been put on 2 week course of elephant pills🙄

I presume I want be able to start whatever treatment comes next until I've healed properly

Work was ok today good to get back and see everyone but very tired

Sarah

Highlighted

Helena

I'm on a phased return doing mornings or working at home I think wanting to return was a reaction to being told I would have to wait 3 weeks to see if I needed Chemo which came as a surprise as I thought I would only be getting radiotherapy and hormone tablets

I will see how I go but if I will need Chemo I need to be saving my sick leave for then

Thanks

Sarah

Highlighted
Community Champion

Sarah

If you are not ready to return to work then get your GP to do another sick note, you are still recovering from surgery and are healing.  Are you going back on a phased return or reduced hours?

Helena x

Highlighted

Hi

Thanks . This morning it looks as if it's scabbed back as before it bleed I was just putting Bio oil on the scar and as I run it in over what I think was the remains of a disovable stitch it came of

I will find out on 11 October when I get my Onotype DX test results if it's straight to radio or if Chemo is advised so nervous about that

Also meant to be returning to work tomorrow morning not sure if I'm really ready 🙄 xx

Highlighted

Hi Sarah, definitely get it checked out and make sure it is fully healed before you start chemo if that's the route you'll be taking - speaking from very bad experience due to my impatience to get started with treatment! X
Highlighted

Hi

Ok will keep an eye and try and make an appointment for GP Mon day otherwise it would be A n E which I don't fancy

Just don't need any further complications as still have to wait to see if I have to have Chemo first before radio

Thanks s

Highlighted
Community Champion

Otter

Do you have a walk in centre by you, it might be worth popping in there if you have and get it checked out if not make an appointment with your GP on Monday to get it checked out. 

Helena

Highlighted

Wound bleeding

Hi

It's 4 weeks since I had a WLE and SN op and I've just noticed that St the end of the wound on my breast is bleeding slightly and the skin around is red

I had been healing well

Should I just keep it clean and wait for it to heal back over

Don't want it to get infected

Thanks

Sarah