cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wound dressing

2 REPLIES 2
traceylois

Re: Wound dressing

Thanks very much for the advice I'm going to leave it like you did probably not worth risking it 🙂 thanks so much going to shower today and avoid getting it wet. Thanks xx
Jobey68

Re: Wound dressing

Hi Tracy, it's probably not a good idea to change it yourself so soon after surgery, mine was the same and I left it until day 5 when I was so desperate for a proper shower I took it off, my wound had healed up great by then but I still kept it covered for a few more days, I bought some dressings from the chemist and taped them on myself , well hubby was nurse! I wouldn't worry too much as a bit of blood and blue is quite normal xx 

traceylois

Wound dressing

I had my lumpectomy last night I wasn't planning to changs the dressing until 1 week however I checked it and it's soaked in red and blue liquid that has now dried (I think) Im now tempted to change the dressing but I was only given one large sealed dressing so opening it to cut it in half means the other half may not be sterile? I am so scared it's going to get infected, should I do something?