Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yay - another Stable Mabel :-)

lizH

Re: Yay - another Stable Mabel :-)

Hi All.
Wanted to share my good news.

Had my anual bone scan and CT and my consultant meet me with a smile and a all is fine and 'stable'!!! CT scan was good and my markers are on the way down.
I was so so nervous this time and was very frightend that it was not going to be good.
My Husband and I are over the moon.
I want to give the Ladies that are going through bad thoughts and waiting for scan results some positive vibes.

All the best to all that read this .
liz xx

nannabarb

Nicky08,
so pleased you are doing well, shows me that the faith I have that my good friend dx with multiple mets recently can and will recover and live a reasonably normal life
Long may you continue to do well xxx
nicky08
Community Champion

Hello to all Stable Mabels
Just reporting back in to say at my last appointment with my oncologist 2 weeks ago that I am still classed as a Stable Mabel. My words, not his LOL. This is 4 and a half years since my secondary dx and 9 years after my primary dx. I am currently on Arimidex and Bondronat with no pain at all - I'm only adding this in the hope that it helps any newly diagnosed mets ladies that there is life after that shock.
Keep Well Mabels
Nicky xx

AnneS

Hi Isobel, I'm sorry to hear about your fracture earlier this year. I'm glad to hear that you are stable once more. You're right - it's such an unpredictable disease and life is lived on such a knife edge.
I'm keeping "stable" at the moment and I've been feeling pretty well despite the side effects from treatment but I never get complacent and try to really make the most of every day.
Take care x

izmark

Just thought I'd revive this thread, by saying that soon after my last post, back in March, my hip fractured spontaneously. So much for me being a stable Mabel.
Anyway, I've been told once more that I'm stable - which is good - but I'm much more wary now. One can never be complacent with this bloody disease, but I try to enjoy every day and am already planning my Spring garden and the veggies that I intend to grow.
Onwards and upwards!!
Isobel

belinda

Thank you Alex 🙂 ....I'm unable to post at the moment unless I try 10 plus times...and then I suddenly have a double post.. 😞 But hope this is helpful to anyone about to start on Capecitabine. I've been on this chemo since April 2008 and I'm still getting stable CT results....just received the latest one. Good Luck..x
belinda

Thank you Alex 🙂 ....I'm unable to post at the moment unless I try 10 plus times...and then I suddenly have a double post.. 😞 But hope this is helpful to anyone about to start on Capecitabine. I've been on this chemo since April 2008 and I'm still getting stable CT results....just received the latest one. Good Luck..x
AlexD

Bumping this for belinda and any other stable mabels.

nicky08
Community Champion

Great news Alex and Isobel :-). The more the merrier 🙂
Nicky xx

JulieD
Community Champion

Great news ladies! Always a joy when a stable Mabel posts.Love to you all, lets hope for lots more members xx

AlexD

Hi everyone,

I had my bone scan and tumour marker results. Good news I am still a stable Mabel, Hurrah. It has now been 3.5 years. Celebrated by going out for lunch and dinner!!

Alex

SadieL

I love it when i see another post on this thread! Congrats Isabel nd Tish!

Sadie Xx Xx

izmark

Just want to renew my membership...sternal lymph node shrinkage continues and I was officially told yesterday that I'm stable. When would I like my next scan - 3 or 4 months or after my holiday in July? WOW! Now that's what I call reassuring.
Cheers to all other Mabels and love and thoughts to those who aren't.
Isobel

nicky08
Community Champion

Welcome Tish 🙂 it's always uplifting to hear of good news, especially when we've all been reading some bad news as well. Gives us all hope and im sure helps any newbies.
Long may your Mabel status last 🙂
Nicky x

lucinda

So pleased and may you stay a long time member.

Lucinda xx

alesta29

Whoop whoop Tish (Happy face and two thumbs up!!!)

tish79

Can I join the club too?! Had pet and bone scan, pet scan NED and bone scan all stable, woop woop!! So back on tamoxifen for me!
Tish
xxx

nicky08
Community Champion

Great news Lucinda, go with your instincts about the op.
Love to all Mabel's 🙂
Nicky x

AlexD

Laurie and sarahlouise

Great news for you both and long may it continue.

Alex

sarahlousie

Hi all,

Lucinda, just wanted too say that its a personal choice for us secondaries girls about having the primary source removed, even though mine had spread onto my lungs I was positive about having the primary or the mother lump removed, all my instincts were telling me to go for it, go with your gut feeling, physiologically it has made the world of difference to me, now I am concentrating on staying either stable or preferably NED if tamoxifen/herceptin will do the trick. Best wishes to you.

Laurie I've said it before on the other thread but YAY happy dance for ya!

Love and light to all sarahlouise xx

alesta29

Thats great news Lucinda - good luck with the op!

Forgot to book myself onto the Stable Mabel board as of last Monday!

Laurie x

lucinda

Went to hospital today to get my mri results and to see about getting a port fitted.When I arrived I was told they had had meeting yesterday and surgeon team has decided that because all my bone mets are stable I can have the mass in the axilla and affected lymph nodes removed.So pre-op monday and op on March 13th.
This follows dx in May 2009 when I had a 10cm x 8cm mass.I had chemo,rads and hormone therapy which has resulted in it shrinking to 4cm x 2cm.
The surgeon feels that as mets are stable and it is unlikely to shrink any more this is the time to operate.It is what I have wanted but now I have the decision it is a bit scary.I know there are risks with mobility of the shoulder but I feel that removing the local occurence will leave me with one less thing to worry about.I will still have bone mets in spine,ribs and pelvis so will still be taking letrozole and having zometa.I am now panicking a bit and hoping I have made the right decision in agreeing to op.I know it does not improve my prognosis but at least it cannot cause spread to other areas.I appreciate that the cancer is in my bones and my blood
but hope the op helps somehow.
Back to hospital again tomorrow for zometa and hunt the vein!

Lucinda xx

LesleyLP

Thank you all for you good wishes, feel like a new woman today, lol

Liz, I was concerned that letrozole and Arimidex are so similar that the letrozole won't work but we shall see, will keep you posted,

Sadie, enjoy that chemo break for hopefully a very long time

Lucinda, good news on your scan results

And Nicky and Belinda, thank you!!

Xxx

belinda

Great to read all the GOOD news here! 🙂 Fantastic, I'm SO pleased for you Lesley..will send you a PM.
Hi Liz I had just over 3 years with Arimidex, Tamoxifen worked well for me for about 18 months but Aromasin didn't work at all...so definitely, I think, worth asking about Arimidex after chemo.
Hi Lucinda, good to know Letrozole is working well for you despite the side effects.

lucinda

Went to RM yesterday following spine mri,bone scan and ct.Onc said that results were good showing everything stable and improving from previous scans.
Just now need to get a decision from surgeon about removing local occurence from the axilla-has also shrunk recently.Seems letrozole is doing it's job at the moment, so can manage the se's knowing it is working.
I had really convinced myself that there had been progression which is why I asked for second opinion.
Deep breathe,carry on until next scan and hope for more good results.

L xx

NannieSpiky

Hi Lesley

Good news for you and I hope it continues. I also had good news yesterday re. liver mets and I'm halfway through the docetaxol treatment so your news is certainly encouraging.
Tamoxifen and letrozole haven't worked for me but interesting to see that you got two years out of Arimidex - maybe they'll try that for me when chemo finishes.
Well done on being a stable Mabel - after all your SE's with chemo you deserve good news.
Liz x

LesleyLP

Thanks Laurie, that's helpful, it sounds as though it may not be completely out of the question then. Tamoxifen and Aromasin failed me, but I got two years out of Arimidex and currently on Letrozole, so it could be worth mentioning.

Good luck with your scan this week, by the way xx

alesta29

Lesley

Great news - celebrate every little bit of it!

Re: Faslodex, When I spoke to my onc about this (I like to get prepared for the future ;-)he said that he thought it would still be available on a named patient basis.

The problem (as NICE sees it) is that women who have quickly failed on one hormone after another were then being given Faslodex (pricey) however for women who have had some time on other hormonals with success, oncs can probably make a case for moving onto Faslodex. Hope that helps!

Lx

SadieL

Hi Lesley, Great news. Im a few weeks into my chemo break. Trying not to worry about every twinge nd enjoy every day!!

Smiles

Stable Sadie Xx Xx

nicky08
Community Champion

Woop, woop Lesley :-). So glad that the chemo has done its trick and you can have a break now - enjoy it, I'm sure you will.
Nicky xx

LesleyLP

Great to see so many people are able to join this thread 🙂

Just had results of my latest scan - bones still stable, liver mets so small that they are immeasurable, some "may" have got a bit worse but others have got a bit better so onc has given me an overall verdict of stable 🙂

Have at least an eight-week chemo break now, just on Letrozole, if/when that fails will be going onto Capecitabine but hope I can get a few months out of the hormonal first. Meant to ask about Faslodex, but seem to remember reading that has been withdrawn from us by NICE.

Hope everyone is doing OK.

Lesley

SadieL

Hi Mandy, welcome!!! I'm new to the club too - but I like it here!!

Dm nd Belinda, thx for your info. I hope to stay stable whilst on a treatment break.....just hope that is possible!!

Sadie Xx Xx

dm1968

I am on herceptin only at the moment x

belinda

Hi Mandy, good to read your news! Those ulcers sound painful though, hope they vanish soon..x
Hi Sadie, I'm one who is stable whilst on treatment..x

fudgeincornwal

Hi all

Can I join too? I'm on weekly vinerolbine and herceptin ,ulcers at the mo, so missed ysterday except for herceptin, and a trial drug. Probably go 2 on 2 off when I see onc next week. Had scan before starting treatment in Jan and compared with Nov same size with some poss shrinkage, funny thing is this happened BEFORE I started treatment.
Secondaries on the head of my pancreas, quite rare apparently.

Mandy x

SadieL

Its a lovely club to belong to! Thank you for the welcome. I was just wondering how many of you are having active treatment to keep things stable and how many of you are on a treatment break - and still managing to keep stabel?

Thank you,

Sadie Xx Xx

belinda

Welcome to the club Dawn and Sadie. 🙂 Hoping to see more new Mabels here very soon..x

SadieL

Hi All - another one checking in!! Last scans show I am also in the Stable Mabel club!!!! So have a wonderful 2 months chemo break to live a bit of normal life - but after 30 chemo sessions I'm just a bit too tired at the moment! I'm sure energy will return soon!

Hugs to everyone else in the stable!!!

Sadie Xx Xx

AlexD

Congratulations DM, welcome to the club.

You probably know this but in a small number of cases people with secondary BC can remain NED for very many years. Some would say that this small group could be fit the cured criteria.

AlexD

dm1968

Hi everyone. Thought I would join in.

I am another stable checking in. My latest CT scan is still showing nothing visible on my liver. My last 4 CT Scans since Feb 2011 have all been the same. No change. No tumours visible. And after being allowed my cosmetic surgery mastectomy last July, it means at the moment that I am sort of NED I think, although I am under no illusions that it has completely gone, but I can hope.

I can now breathe again for another 3 months and keep everything crossed that things stay the same.

Good Luck to all..x

lucinda

hello Dawn
So pleased about things being stable,but sorry about the new pain areas.I know what you mean about finding out things.When I first went to the RM for a second opinion I found out I had 2 tumours in the axilla not one.Apparently rather than shrinking, as I had thought it had in fact split into 2.Good news was that they had still slightly decreased so heading the right way.
I am always afraid to say this,tempting fate,but since switching from oral ibondronate to zometa the pain levels in my spine have decreased and I have managed to take less painkillers,hopefully it continues this way.

Lucinda xx

belinda

Hello Dawn, everything Nicky has said above from me too. Hope you can get the new pain under control but good to hear you too are stable...xx

nicky08
Community Champion

Hi Dawn, great news that you are also stable 🙂 However I do understand about the things they decide not to tell you about! Very frustrating although overall it doesn't change things.
Nicky xx

dawnhc

Good to hear things still stable Belinda. Good news on the ovaries too :). At clinic on Tuesday the onc said she had looked over the last 3 mri's done last year and all was stable. (Just bloomin frustrating that more pain areas have developed - but still I am glad to know that nothing nasty is showing up).

Dawn
xx

belinda

Thank you ladies..you are very kind..xxxxx

alesta29

Great news Belinda!!!

Laurie x

AlexD

Hi Belinda

Fabulous news and long may it continue.

AlexD

nicky08
Community Champion

Hey Belinda, what gret news 🙂 I did glimpse that you'd had good results on another thread but had forgotten to post a comment, duh.
Nicky xx
Ps thanks for the support, Clare 🙂

potmaid

Hi there
What a lovely thing to read, that you are all doing so well 🐵

I'm so pleased for you all and long may it continue, with a good quality of life to make the most of.......

Clare xxx

Welsh_girl

Such lovely news to read today on a very grey day here in Kent.
So pleased for you, Belinda.
Enjoy that extra spring in your step...

Wx