cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yay - another Stable Mabel :-)

171 REPLIES 171
roxy12

Re: Yay - another Stable Mabel :-)

CONGRATULATIONS LUCY! That's what you want to hear. Hope it lasts for a very long time. X

Lucy21

roxy12

Thats great news vecors. A lovely Christmas present! xx

vercors

Back to stable mable after a scare. I found a lump on my sternum, which turns out to be arthritis. It has been a stessful 5 weeks from the time I found it, plucked up the courage to see my onc, scans ans results. But I won't complain, it is good news as bone mets are healing. Xxxx

2catlady

Fantastic news for all the lovely ladies .huge hugs to you all xxxxxx
belinda

Hi Katherine, thank you Smiley Happy I hope your treatment is working well. x

Katherine2701

Hi Belinda, loved your post. I am the same as you, HER2- and ER pos secondaries diagnosed at the outset so am overjoyed to here you are doing so well. Long may it continue, thanks for posting, it makes a real difference for me people like me just diagnosed. Thanks again!
belinda

Great news. I hope everyone enjoys some good lengthy times in The Stable Mabel Club. Woman Very Happy

Angelfalls

Fabulous news! Long may it continue! 😄

JulieD
Community Champion

Sarah that is great news! So very pleased for youSmiley Very HappyThanks for sharing the good news always nice to hear another stable mabel xx

Julesie

Fantastic news Sarah. Thanks for sharing. Xx
elliedog

Hi Sarah. I have been wondering if your scan results had come through. FAB news. So glad you posted. Angela x
SP0

Delighted to report I'm 6 months stable after chemo, on Herceptin + Tamoxifen.  Neither liver or lung tumours were visible on the latest CT scans.   Sarah.x

Angelfalls

Brilliant news! So happy to read this! Long may it last!!

elliedog

So great to hear Belinda. Ten years on you are definately a long term survivor. Great news for us newbie double whammy ladies.xx
Tournesol

That's great to know Belinda! Thanks for letting us know and hope you get a long chemo break.

Tournesol x

Julesie

Great to hear your positive news Belinda. Hope you get a very long chemo break!
belinda

Hi, just to let anyone know, especially if you are er+ I'm stable at the moment on a hormonal which I last had in 2007. Just a brief history, I'm er+ her2- and was diagnosed stage 4 from the very beginning, in 2003. I had 4 and a half years of hormonal treatment to start with. The one that was the most effective was Arimidex, it worked for 3 and a half years before my tumour markers started to rise. At the time I was pre-meno so also had a monthly injection to halt my periods. I then had 4+ years of Capecitabine chemo and when the chemo tablets had stopped working, rising tumour markers again, I had my second ever chemo, Doxorubicin. This worked well, I had 8 cycles. My Onc then suggested trying Arimidex again as many years had passed since my last lot. I'm V pleased to say Arimidex is working again! I'm post-meno now. My tumour markers are now in the 'normal for anyone without cancer' range. Smiley Very Happy So I look forward to a chemo break..who knows how long, it's 3 months at the moment. But posting this to let others know a hormonal that did work well for you, can, sometimes, work again after a long break. x

SP0

Good for you Buffy3.   I'm just behind you timewise, with 1st set of scans 6 months post chemo coming in the next week or two.   The stress of the regular scan is a whole new experience!  So it's very encouraging to keep reading good news here.

Sarah..x

Buffy3

Just thought Id post my news. Letrozole n zoladex n zometa are keeping me stable (after chemo finished in February), the onc was amazed to see that my lump had also decreased in size too indicating all under control. So 8 months of stability. Long may it continue. xxx
belinda

It's always lovely to read all the good news. x
vercors

Congratulations to all the Mabels, I had been meaning to post before going on holiday that I am still an active member of that very exclusive and lucky group. 18 months into secondary treatment herceptin and Letrozole.

JulieD
Community Champion

Wish we had a 'like' button here! like,like,like xxx
Angelfalls

Another Stable Mabel here, thanks to E/E! This was my first scan since starting this combo in May, so I get to stay on this tx for another 3 months. Some of the tumours even shrank!! Sooooooo relieved that this one is working! Hope this list will keep on growing...

Julesie

Great to hear news of all the latest stable mabels as it makes going through all the side effects worthwhile when you can see the drugs are doing their job!
elliedog

Just been through all the stable mable posting and its great to read. On my 5 chemo of 6 and have first scan beginning of september. Dx double whammey this year with small met (less than one cm) in liver. Hoping chemo does it job. Onc already talking about only doing 6 monthly scans which although scarey but also makes me feel a little more normal. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to post on here it really helps us newly dx secondries. Take care everyone and please keep posting your good news.x
Ramsfan55

Wonderful news. Long may it continue.
Thanks for posting x
suzanne

nicky08
Community Champion

Hi, great news from all the Stables 🙂 Lets hope all the treatments you are on keep you that way for a long time to come.
Nicky x

JulieD
Community Champion

Good news belinda! Hope the Arimidex works well for a long time. Enjoy your chemo break xx
belinda

Great to read this Julie! My 8 cycles of Doxorubicin have brought my markers down to the 'normal' for anyone who doesn't have cancer range and I'm about to start a chemo break. I'm starting Arimidex which I last had 2004-2008 so I'm hoping the little pills kick in for a while, for old time's sake and slow down the inevitable rise of markers...
JulieD
Community Champion

That's great Mrs B and to add to the god news although I'm due a bone scan I got my most recent CT scan results last week and I too am a stable Mabel! Bones no change or showing some healing and nothing new elsewhere.
It isn't an easy journey but it is possible to have good news - here's hoping for more Stable Mabels!
Angelfalls

Fantastic news, Mrs B! And long may it continue!!!

Lemongrove

Mrs Blue that is such encouraging news. Sometimes I wonder if it's worth going through all the horrible treatment, but you show that it can be.

belinda

Fantastic news Mrs Blue, I'm so pleased for you. x
mrsblue

Calling all Mabels!
Just had CT result - stable - and continuing steady improvement in tumour markers and liver function. I hope this inspires some (and we all need inspiration and encouragement, especially those recently diagnosed with secondary bc).
Briefly, I've had 7 years with bone mets (double whammy, 3 weeks after primary dx), 4 of them with liver mets too, and am currently on treatment no.8, eribulin - some earlier treatments didn't work for me at all. I don't need personal care or regular painkillers, though I admit to slowing down a bit....
Best wishes to anyone waiting for results.... supportive e-hugs to those who find life difficult at the moment... remembering those bc friends who very sadly are no longer with us...
... if you're reading this today, see you on the new Forum, I hope!
belinda

Another Mabel checking in. 🙂
Take Care everyone. x Belinda, diagnosed with bone mets in 2003.
Kirsti

Wow, all these lovley Mabels, lvolley news, enjoy your holidays everyone xx
Buffy3

great news xxx
beanbob

Reporting in. Another stable Mabel. One more for the club. 1 year on from secondary dx. Xx
vercors

Thanks everyone. hols will vpbe. 3 1/2 weeks in France. I will have to be back for hercptin. It is normally every 3 weeks but you can stretch for a few days but no longer than 4 weeks.

nicky08
Community Champion

Great news vercors - get planning that holiday 🙂
Nicky x

Guest user
Not applicable

Excellent news. Happy holidays! Pamx
lizcat

Sounds like great news for you, vercors. Get those hols booked!!! xx

vercors

I can't believe there has been no further Mabels since January!
Still in the club. Phew. I can start planning my hols now!

JulieD
Community Champion

Thank you! So pleased to be able to share good news and hoping others will come and cheer us even more with stable stories. Thanks for your support folk! xx
lucinda

WOW GREAT NEWS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So pleased you are stable mable and long may it stay that way.

L xx

nicky08
Community Champion

Great news Julie, you must be over the moon. Thanks fior letting us know it picks us up no end when we hear good results 🙂
Nicky x

JulieD
Community Champion

Got my CT and MRI results yesterday, nothing new appeared and what I've got is unchanged so woo-hoo,stable Mabel!!
Makes the aches and pains a bit more bearable when you're not having to worry that they mean something nasty.
Hope we'll see a few mor stable mabels on here over the next few weeks
valkeh

i am a bit apprehensive to join the group as I am so scared and not sure how long this stability will last. But one thing I learn these last 2 years is to live the moment and enjoy every day as it comes. So, in my last visit in RM 3 days ago and I have been told that bone mets are looking better and liver mets stable. I am on Xelloda ( since August) Densumab and Zolladex.... And keep fighting. It's great to speak with other people who understand so well fears and desperations... Had my 41st birthday less than a month ago. So difficult to leave with the disease....
Cheryl17

That's really good news. I am really pleased for you both, such a huge relief. Take care and enjoy your Christmas. Xxxxxx