cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Year 5 Mammo........

5 REPLIES 5
cherub

Re: Year 5 Mammo........

I understand where you are coming from Libralady. When I went for my first mammogram post BC surgery and chemo I completely panicked when I was leaving the room. There were 2 doors to the changing rooms and I took the wrong one. I was so upset as there was a lady in there and of course all my stuff was in the other cubicle. When I spoke to her she said to me she was 7 years down the line and it was as if it was fated I should have met her. She made me realise at that point that there could be a life beyond all this.

Libralady

Really glad to see this milestone arrive for you. I hope and pray in 5 years from now I can also share news of my 5 year anniversary with others just receiving the devastating news.

Im just starting on my journey and its so warming, wonderful, faith giving and hopeful when I see posts like this as for the last 4 weeks since i discovered my lump and had my Dx I have walked through a door I wish Id kept closed.

At this time all I can think of is my mortality and what bad news I will hear next. A journey that you have already taken.

So your post Cherub.....is like a breathe of fresh air to me....and im sure to many others.

God Bless and thank you

XXXX

junieliz

Good luck Cherub, will be keeping fingers crossed for you, and 5 years great,junieliz

devagirl

Wishing you the best of luck Cherub - I know how stressful this is and it seemed worse than ever this year - perhaps because its the 5 years. It will be the best Christmas present!

Best wishes
Laine

maltomlin

5 years - wow!

You'll be fine and will get on with your life. I'm three and a half years out and am counting the days.............

Congratulations,

Mal

cherub

Year 5 Mammo........

Right, that's it, I've now got my appointment for my mammo. I've been on pins waiting for the letter to drop on the mat, but as luck would have it the breast clinic rang up today to say they had 2 appointments free on Friday. Took the early morning one as OH has a private dental appointment in the same area about an hour or so later.

I really just want to get this out of the way, fingers crossed it will be all OK and I'll get my discharge in a few weeks. It would be a nice Christmas present if I did.

Also had the bloods done re getting my thyroid checked out this morning as well, should know in a couple of weeks time.