Yep... Me too.

Hi all, I was told on Tuesday that I have cancer. Mine is quite a rare type - mucinous carcinoma, which apparently is slow growing, so I guess I’m lucky in that respect.

My main concern at the mo is my cancer could not be seen on the mammogram; it was only spotted on ultrasound. Trouble is, I can feel more than one lump, but the radiologist only focused on the one. So the biopsies were both taken from the same place.

I have read the fact sheet on mucinous cancer and it is more often accompanied by another, different type of breast cancer, so I’m not sure they have the full picture.

I asked for an MRI (of the breasts) which I had yesterday, so now waiting on those findings (another week). Just a bit concerned I’m having to ask for this stuff!!

I haven’t been offered a full body MRI, which I have been told is standard procedure on the NHS. I’ve gone private just because my other half has cover through work. But am I getting the equivalent treatment that I would get through the NHS???

If anyone has any answers, I’d love you to get in touch. Thanks, Mel. xxx

Hi Mel…another to join the club!!! I too diagnosed with a rarer form…invasive lobular breast cancer…I like you am still getting my head round everything…I had an MRI scan on Tuesday but it was just my breast…can’t understand why they. Don’t give you a body one straight away??? I now have to wait until the 8th november which is too long for the results!! From what I have read on the forum I think a body scan is further down the line for us but I am still terribly confused!!! I am sorry about your diagnosis…thank goodness we have this forum…family and friends are fabulous but they can’t know what you are going through…I hope you get lots more info…big hug x

Hi Mel

I’m sorry to read of your diagnosis, the first few days and weeks are always difficult when coming to terms with things and getting to grips with your treatment plans, etc.

I’m sure some of the other users will be a long soon to offer you their support.  In the meantime you might find it helpful to order the BCC resources pack. It has been specifically designed for those newly diagnosed and contains information to help you better understand your diagnosis, test results and the various treatments available. If you would like to order a copy just follow the link bellow:-

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/resource-pack-primary-early-breast-cancer-bcc145

Also, do give the helpline a ring if you need any further support or information. They’re on 0808 800 6000. Open 9-5 Monday to Friday and 10-2 Saturday.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Hi Chance123. Sorry you’re in this situ as well! I’m sure with the support from this site and our families and friends, we’ll get through it. Love and best wishes, Mel. Xx

Sam, thanks for the info. I’ll order it for sure! X

Thanks Kaz. It is a great support knowing you’re not alone. X