Yet another lump :( do I go back to clinic again??

Hi,

I have been to the breast clinic twice since march, with cysts!
Yet again a lump has apperared! its driving me mad and doing me in emotionally!!
do i keep going back to the clinic to get it checked that it is a cyst, or wait for it to drain away? do i not bother going to get it checked but in the back of my mind there is the what if???
Each time i go i feel i’m wasting the consultants time as its only just a cyst! Everytime another appears it mess me up emotionally even though deep down i’m 99% sure it will be fine!!
Any advice would be greatfully recieved
xx

Hi Cathy,
Hope all is well. I would definitely get it checked, all lumps need to be checked. Don’t worry about wasting their time, that is what they are there for. You will feel a whole lot better after :slight_smile:
X

Hi Cathy,
It’s really bad that we feel as though we are wasting someones time, if it was anyone else you would say get to the clinic!
I have had to go back a couple of times and felt guilty too, I think we are programmed to feel like this.
So do make another appointment for your own piece of mind, always remember it’s your body and your life and throw all that guilt away.
Take care and let us know how you get on, phone today xx

Hi Cathy

If you feel it would help to talk your concerns through with one of our helpliners please call 0808 800 6000, lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays and our team are here to offer you further support and information

Best wishes

Lucy

Know how you feel Cathy. I have a very distinct hard lump which I’ve been advised 3 times is scar tissue. I’ve had ultrasound 3 times since January, aspirated once and got a little bit of fluid, had a biopsy, then another ultrasound. They say I’m most probably stuck with it as radiation can prevent the scar tissue from fading. It’s tough though, as I never felt any lumps prior to BC, and now feel it every day, one and a half years later.
If it is cysts though they should be able to aspirate, no?
Do not feel that you are wasting anyone’s time - its their job. And your peace of mind is worth an hour’s consultant’s salary in my opinion. We need to feel more like clients in this country, the NHS may be free at point of delivery but we do pay for it.

S
X

Hello, out of curiosity what do your cysts feel like? x

Hi

Sorry i didn’t reply to your comments!

I did get another appt but it was a totoal cock up! was booked into the wrong clinic - reconstruction! and then saw a female consultant who was the most horrible person i have ever met! came out in floods of tears which is not me, made to feel like i shouldn’t be there as i don’t have BC, very harsh lady. made me feel so bad i took a few days off work to get my head together.
Emailed my consultant about my appt, he phoned back the next day and i saw him a few days later, hje then put me on low doasage tamoxifen, which has taken thepain away fromt he cyst.
As for aspiriating he said it was possible but then it would probably just refill with fluid!
Have had a recent check up and vcut back tamoxifen, but am getting a lot of pain in my boob, so need o go back :frowning: am considering ovary removal as this has been offered and would hopefully mean no more tamoxifen! but then the menopause :frowning:
Sarahbern - my cyst felt really saw and my gp said they weren’t lump shaped!!! they feel longer like a tube1

Hope you are all well

Cath xx

Hi

Sorry i didn’t reply to your comments!

I did get another appt but it was a totoal cock up! was booked into the wrong clinic - reconstruction! and then saw a female consultant who was the most horrible person i have ever met! came out in floods of tears which is not me, made to feel like i shouldn’t be there as i don’t have BC, very harsh lady. made me feel so bad i took a few days off work to get my head together.
Emailed my consultant about my appt, he phoned back the next day and i saw him a few days later, hje then put me on low doasage tamoxifen, which has taken thepain away fromt he cyst.
As for aspiriating he said it was possible but then it would probably just refill with fluid!
Have had a recent check up and vcut back tamoxifen, but am getting a lot of pain in my boob, so need o go back :frowning: am considering ovary removal as this has been offered and would hopefully mean no more tamoxifen! but then the menopause :frowning:
Sarahbern - my cyst felt really saw and my gp said they weren’t lump shaped!!! they feel longer like a tube1

Hope you are all well

Cath xx

What I was advised to do about my cysts was wait a full cycle after noticing them, and see the breast clinic if they lasted more than one cycle.

Duplicate!