Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Young and on letrozole

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Young and on letrozole

Hi K,

The oophorectomy itself was a fairly easy procedure, it's just the hot flushes, night sweats and anxiety I'm struggling with. It's to get rid of oestrogen x

Highlighted

Hi Jelly. I'm 34 as well but not on letrozole.... yet. I've got lymph mets and being investigated for bone as well as the ct scan showed a growth on my hip. I'm having the neo adjuvant therapy so chemo first and then mastectomy and then rads. I hope the side effects aren't too bad. I've not looked into what medication I'll be on post all of this but it has reminded me that this all really will be permanent and life changing. Pardon the swearing but it really is crap isn't it? Can I ask how your oopherectomy went? My surgeon briefly mentioned it to me but I wasn't really listening at the time. Is it to limit hormone production? Xxx
Highlighted

Hello jellytot
I know we already chat on bone mets ..just thinking there is a thread " talk to people like me" . There is a thread called younger woman there ..you might try that too ..I'm not much help although I'm a letrozole lady of nearly two years ..I'm old ..65 so no help !!
Hugs xxx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Jelly there may be ladies on the bone mets thread who are on Letrozole as treatment and around your age ,may be worth posting it there too if you haven't already ?
Highlighted

Bumping in case anyone can respond other than the kind reply below x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Jelly

Sadly, I'm a little older than 34!! But have been on letrozole for about 10 months, so I can tell you what I experience.

The main thing does seem to be stiff and achy joints. I take cod liver oil and a calcium tablet. 

If you feel nauseous at all, take the tablet in the evening. This tends to wear off after a while.

Hot flushes seem to be minimal.

You probably won't feel anything at all for about 6 weeks. And hopefully for you, side effects will be manageable.

Hope this helps xx

Highlighted

Young and on letrozole

Hello,

Just wondered if there were any other youngsters out there on letrozole? I'm only just 34 with lymph and bone mets. I had an oophorectomy 11 days ago and yesterday I took my first letrozole. I'm very frightened of the side effects I've read about and I just wondered if there was anyone else in their 30s on it who could offer me some advice/reality/reassurance.

Thank you,

Jelly x