Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Young women with breast cancer

2 REPLIES 2
Sam_BCC

Re: Young women with breast cancer

Hi pauallouise87

Firstly, welcome to the forums, I am sure you will find it a great source of information and support.

I'm sorry to read of your diagnosis, the first few weeks are always difficult when coming to terms with things and getting to grips with your treatment plans, etc.

As well as the support you receive here you might find it helpful to order the BCC resources pack. It has been specifically designed for those newly diagnosed and contains information to help you better understand your diagnosis, test results and the various treatments available. If you would like to order a copy just follow the link bellow:- http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/resource-pack-primary-early...

If you need further support or just to talk things through do give the helpline a ring, they are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The number to call is 0808 800 6000 and lines are open 9-5pm weekdays and 10-2pm Saturday.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Kf791

Re: Young women with breast cancer

Hi Paulalouise,

I'm 30 and was diagnosed last month. I'm currently going through chemo, got my 3rd cycle next Wednesday. Will be having surgery after.

If you are on facebook I recommend finding a secret group called younger Breast cancer network UK. We are all under 45 and its a fantastic group of ladies. You will get fantastic support there!!

But if not, I'm here! 🙂 I've not been diagnosed long but will try and help as much as I can xxx
paulalouise87

Young women with breast cancer

Hi, I'm 27 and have very recently been diagnosed with breast cancer.
I'm currently looking at 5 months of chemo and a mastectomy, and possibly radiotherapy at the other end of treatment.
The part that I'm really struggling with is my age.
Is there anyone else out there around my age who has any advice / would like to chat?