Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Younger women's breast cancer is different- research paper

4 REPLIES 4
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Younger women's breast cancer is different- research paper

Interesting tors, thanks for posting. I had chemo first due to breast feeding when dx and in my latest conversation with my surgeon he said that while I've had a pathological complete response to it, there is a chance that a few cells could have been left behind. They will also not be able to give me the standard results for my tumour as the chemo will have changed it, so I'll never know exactly what I had (Stage, grade, type) which I think they work out survival percentages from...
Cressida

Fascinating - I have just started more chemo after my TNBC did not respond to the first chemo and it is has been a real dilemma to decide, as there is no real evidence and, as it says, sometimes they do not know when to stop. We really need more research. Cress.
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Tors, thanks so much for posting this, as a younger woman diagnosed with TN again, 5 years after first diagnosis, makes very interesting reading and also a lot of sense. Currently undergoing chemo again, wondering if I should be bothering, especially as I had surgery first so don't know if I am 'responding' to chemo. Will make for an interesting discussion with Onc!
tors

Breast Cancer 'Different' in Younger Women

Click http://www.medpagetoday.com/MeetingCoverage/SABCS/36324 for the full story:

tors

Younger women's breast cancer is different- research paper

Here's a link to some research explaining that in the researchers view, breast cancer in the 35 and under age group can be a very different disease to that which ladies older than that develop, and they argue there'd is a case for more chemo prior to surgery for this age group. This is just a summary I read but I found it interesting so thout I would share it. Hope the link works!