69806members
366792posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your thoughts please: Ideas for secondary breast cancer symbol

Re: Your thoughts please: Ideas for secondary breast cancer symbol

I'm so impressed by that MrsB that I will join you and say I would like to pre-order 50 pins as well. I can put them out at the till point on my nursery and see if we can get further donations. Let us know when we can place those orders BCC and if you will have anything like the little display boxes shops have for these pins. I think they will make a real talking point that will spread the word about this horrendous disease that is killing us.

Dawn

xx

Community Champion

Nice one Mrsblue!

my plan is to pay upfront for the benefit of BCC after all what else can I spend my state pension on ? ! then to give them to 50 ladies. if they want to donate to BCC they will get the money twice -every little helps to raise awareness of secondary breast cancer .
Community Champion

Yay Mrs Blue! Good to see you posting and hoping you are feeling more comfortable, I did PM you but not sure you've seen it.. 50, you setting up shop?! I'll be buying a few but probably not that many. xx

I would like to pre-order 50 -yes, fifty! -pins...

What brilliant news! 😀

Yay!   Smiley Very Happy

Wonderful, thank you!
Community Champion

Thank you for recognizing the need for our own pin, looking forward to it being on sale.

Great news, thank you x

Thank you xx 

BCC thank you ,Marie xxxx

BCC,thank you and yippeeeeee! Xx

Dear Everyone

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete the survey. It has now closed and the results collated as follows  (I have included the pin choice at the bottom of this post).

Badge A (1)                  130      41.94%    The clear winner by a large majority

Badge B (2)                    34       10.97%

Badge C (3)                    63       10.00%

Badge D (4)                    24         7.74%

Badge E (5)                    59       19.03%

A total of 310 people completed the survey, who had the following diagnoses

Primary breast cancer                  21        6.82%

Secondary breast cancer           261       84.74%

Other                                            26        8.44%

The survey was shared with an offline audience as well as you, the forum community:

Voices, those with secondary breast cancer or with an expressed interest in secondary breast cancer       110 people

Secondary breast cancer off line service users     311 people

All in all a good response from everyone.

The next step is to order the pin/badge today and it delivery is expected from mid-June. You will all be the first to know when it is available to purchase from our online shop.

Thank you again for your continued enthusiasm and support of Breast Cancer Care.

Best wishes

Anna

secondary pinbadge.jpg

Just bumping in case anyone hasnt seen this yet.

Dear All

Further to Anna’s post about the creation of a new pin dedicated to those affected by secondary breast cancer I’m hoping you will have a moment to respond to a quick survey.

There are 5 possible designs but we want the final choice to be made by people with secondary breast cancer – if you click on this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DFNSQCL you can choose your favourite.

The poll closes at midday on Thursday 7 May and we will then order stock of the design that receives the most votes. They will be available to purchase via our online shop for £1 from mid-June. Any profit from the sale of these badges will help to support people living with secondary breast cancer.

Best wishes

Emma Nye

Website Manager

Mrs Blue - lovely to see you posting.  I've looked over the old threads and the pin suggestion you gave us was way back in mid October 2014. 

Thanks to you (and all the other ladies) this looks like it's going to become a reality.  You should be really proud.

Hope you are comfortable - we are all thinking of you.

Tink x

Hello,Mrs blue ,lovely to see your post. We are all sending you our love ❤️❤️❤️
Huge hugs to a very special lady ,Helen xxxx

Mrs Blue, how lovely to see you here! Hope you are comfortable, you have been in all our thoughts here. X

And me! (Big thanks ladies for kind words -and to BCC for listening)

Number 1 for me too. So glad I found this thread (my fault for not keeping up with the forum). We called ourselves the Cinderellas all those years ago - such a shame so little has changed!
Mrs Blue - so sorry to hear your news, you are in my thoughts. May your candle burn on
Love blondie

Just bumping up xx

So pleased that the views of ladies with SBC have now been recognised and listened to. Thank you.
Have voted and looking forward to pin being available.
Thinking of Mrs Blue as I voted.
Love to all xxxx

It's number 1 for me too 

Janette xxxxxxx 

Me too....many ladies get Bc and stay in the pink.....some unfortunately go on to get secondary BC..and it is because of those ladies the work needs to be done re prevention and cure....they are therefore at the centre of the work needed around BC........ 

1 wins my vote too .

Hugs
Jill xx

Like everyone else I've voted for number 1 x

Number 1 for me !!
X

Number 1 for me

Ladies,I can't believe how this news has lifted my spirits . I'm very excited that we have been listened to and will now have a ribbon,saying look at me ,yes we do matter and all our lost friends mattered too and all SBC women and men who have lost their life matter.
Thank you BCC and well done. I will now put my angry eyes away x

Number 1 for me as well.........

done no 1 for me too xxx

Hey 2cat lady, I've voted! Have you? R x

Done, number 1 for me too x

Number 1 for me as well x

No-1 for me too x

Done - number 1 xxx

Yes number one for me too!
And thank you Emma.

Job done, number 1 Marie xxx

Dear All

Further to Anna’s post about the creation of a new pin dedicated to those affected by secondary breast cancer I’m hoping you will have a moment to respond to a quick survey.

There are 5 possible designs but we want the final choice to be made by people with secondary breast cancer – if you click on this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DFNSQCL you can choose your favourite.

The poll closes at midday on Thursday 7 May and we will then order stock of the design that receives the most votes. They will be available to purchase via our online shop for £1 from mid-June. Any profit from the sale of these badges will help to support people living with secondary breast cancer.

Best wishes

Emma Nye

Website Manager

Just check my email and I go the link for voting. 

Poll closes on the 7th May, just as important to vote here and at the polling station. 

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DFNSQCL

Definitely number 1 for me as well. I will never buy it though. I just hate pink with a vengeance. 

I just saw the original post from Nicole_BCC, and I like the SCAN TREAT REPEAT slogan. 

It would be nice as part of a secondary logo. 

Hi,chocolate,no I think it's tomorrow. Not sure how long it will be open for either xxx

Have I missed the link to vote. Has it been put up yet?

Rachi,thanks for your input and we never meant to offend. but I agree with choc and juile about SBC having the majority vote.

There have been ladies on here who have joined pbc groups and have been told not to say they have SBC as it will scare them!!

I think we did a thread about statistics a while ago and some PBC women said we were scare mongering that out of 10 BC women 3 will go onto having SBC but very sadly they are the facts..a lot of PBC ladies haven't heard of SBC ,I was one of them!
We want to raise awareness as its not a tiny amount of women who die from SBC it is 33 EVERY day 12,000 a year in the UK.
As for funding we get 3% for SBC and 97% goes to PBC.
Community Champion

Raechi thanks for your comment and I'm pleased to see some PBC input. It's not that we don't want PBC folk to have a say it's that in our experience as SBC women we have found a lot of resistence and even denial  of the SBC world (mainly through fear I think). I think the concern is that PBC women might have a different slant on the pin and as it's meant to represent us living with mets that our voice on the matter should be given the greater weight.

I personally wouldn't mind any of the proposed pins except for no. 3 (without black) but my preference would be no. 1 so that gets my vote.

Mrs Blue, I hope you have enough energy to read the developments and have a vote. I have PM'd you and hope you are as comfortable and being well cared for xx

Raechi, thank you for joining this discussion and putting your thoughts across is important and ultimately helps us all to understand everyone's point of view. Firstly I hope we haven't caused you offence. If my comment has then I apologise. You obviously run a very good group where sbc ladies feel valued. However, it is fair to say, as I know people personally who have experienced this, that some primary breast cancer ladies feel awkward around us. We are potentially what they may become and it is very frightening. When I had primary bc I didn't meet anyone who had sbc and in all fairness I don't know how I would react. Some primary ladies have even gone as far to exclude ladies in meetings etc - I appreciate that is not always the norm but for those who have experienced it I hope you can understand how this can then lead to worry about primary ladies voting on the ribbon. Taking this into account it can therefore become a sensitive issue, sbc is massively underfunded compared to primary and that includes a pin to recognise what we represent. There is a ribbon for men, a pink ribbon for primary but what really represents us secondary ladies. Ultimately bcc must decide how to manage this and bring the ribbon to production. However, what I am trying to say is that as it is a ribbon specifically for sbc then the majority of the consensus I feel should come from sbc ladies.
Again, raechi, if my comments offended you in any way then I apologise. I hope however that you can also understand my point of view.
Hxxx

Chocolate,I like number one too for the exact reasons. Yes number 3 is awful,yack!
I'm praying the ribbon will be ready soon so Mrs blue can get to see it as she was the one who got the ball rolling many months ago.
Hugs,Helen xxxxx

I am a PBC lady, but I do help run a group that has SBC ladies. I am also a BCC voice. I dont see why it should only be a SBC vote. I think I (and other PBC ladies) would be sensitive to the SBC cause and I actually like the black in the ribbon and what is represents. 

Us PBC ladies have lost numerous friends though this disease and defintely dont think its all pink and fluffy..

Bcc,thank you for the ribbons and listening to us.

Alarm bells are ringing about this voice thing. It should be a SBC ONLY vote.
PBC people certainly can not understand what we live with everyday.it will be very suspicious if a ribbon with no black is chosen.

I can't remember anybody objecting to black. The black is to remember all the women lost to sbc and ultimately our own deaths and hopefully will make people aware bc is not the best Cancer to have and we all go off skipping cured.

Chocolate, I'm hoping summer as the butterfly was going to be ready by then.

This is very good news and a quick reply for which I am grateful in getting things moving. Well done bcc and thank you for listening. Mrs blue I'm so upset by your news. I want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
I like number 1 - the black at the centre of the ribbon - after all at the moment (I so hope we will find a cure) when you're diagnosed with stage 4 there is only one outcome at some point. Therefore for me the black at the centre hits home. It's in the middle, in the heart of it all and we hold everyone we've lost to this dreadful disease in our hearts. That's how I'm looking at it. I don't want number 3 at all. That is a no go and I hope like other comments on here that a group of ladies , who perhaps haven't experienced sbc, are allowed to vote and go for this one and are the majority. That would be an injustice to all of us living with this disease and those who have sadly passed away.
Like I said at the beginning, I really do thank bcc for moving quickly with this and consulting us and listening. I feel this is the first time that we are having a voice and I am grateful. I really hope the momentum keeps moving forward. Could someone from bcc please give us a timeline for this consultation and possible production month - surely it must be out for sbc day in October as max publicity then. It's just that when you have sbc you don't have time. We take each day as it comes.
Hxx