ZOLADEX AND WATER INFECTIONS

Hello Girls,
Can anyone help with a problem Im having, for the past 3 weeks I’ve had repeated water infections and am on my 4th lot of antibiotics. I’m feeling pretty rotten now and GP fairly disinterested in persuing wether Zoladex might be to blame.Anyone else had this problem?
Thanks
Goldie xx

Hi Goldie

Not troubled with water infections (yet) though on Zoladex. Read somewhere the lack of oestrogen can cause urinary tract infections but not sure what can be done about it if you’re hormone receptive. Could try speaking to your bc nurse - she may have more experience of this than your GP.

Good Luck

Claire

Hi Goldie,
I too recently started zoladex and Arimidex and have had two urine infections, but I can definitely pin them down to having sex, within 24hrs of the act, it felt as if I was peeing broken glass, had a temperature and blood in urine, GP said it was due to changes down below caused by extreme lack of oestrogen, which of course means that the zoladex is doing what its supposed to do, I have been prescribed replens,sylk and steroid cream as my poor bits felt like someone had sanded them/

SS