Zoladex S/E Please help!

Hi I am 32 and have been prescribed Zoladex, I have been on it for 3 months now and am experiencing terrible side effects, enough to say that I can’t carry on with the medication if it doesnt settle. My doctor has recommended me to stick with it for 3 months to see if it does. My side effects are extreme emotions, angry, upset ALL of the time. Memory loss, lack of concentration, crying several times a day, anxiety.
Has anyone else experienced this? Did it settle down? Is there anything that can lessen the effects? Please help as I dont know what to do :frowning:

Hi Bebelou,
Sorry to hear that you are having those terrible side effects from Zoladex. I have been on it for 18 months and had none of those except possibly the lack of concentration.
I am older than you and my body was getting ready for menopause. When you say that your doctor wants you to keep going, are you talking about your GP or your onc?
You might benefit from a light anti depressant or even councelling. Why don’t you phone the help line and talk with someone about it.
Take care

Hi bebelou

I too had a terrible time while on zoladex, physical and mental. I couldn’t walk long distances as of joint pain, put on 3 stone, depression, difficulty being intimate, osteoporosis and was constantly tired, the list goes on
I lasted two years and decided I didn’t want to/couldn’t go through the final 6 months. That wasn’t an easy decision but I just couldn’t go on,I complete understand here you are coming from… But the benefits of zoladex completly outweigh the side effects, and I look back an wish that I’d just gone for it and lasted the final 6 months and given it my all to give myself the best chance.

There is a chill ow that you can get for night sweats, I would also suggest the same as vercors with counselling or anti depressants.
your not alone, do what’s best foR you

Emily xx

Hi, I have been on zoladex for almost 5 yrs and had the same se and wanted to have a break but it was too risky to have a month ff. Instead I went on Prozac and that keeps me reasonably calm. Tried to come off but was woman from hell so went back on it for everyone’s sanity!!

Do ask about it.