Zoladex and vagifem

Dear all,
I am new to this and just signed up on the advice of my oncologist. I was diagnosed with breast cancer last year at 36, and have undergone mastectomy, fertility, chemo, tamoxifen and now on monthly injections of zoladex and taking letrazole now. This is quite embarrassing, but I basically can no longer have sex. It hurts so much. My oncologist says that it is a side effect of the treatment and that I can stop the zoladex or use vagifem. As my cancer was hormone related, I’m not meant to use any form of hrt so I am petrified to use the vagifem. But I don’t want to stop the injections… that terrifies me just as much. He said it would be ok as the oestrogen will be localised and I’ve been given three weeks worth to see how I get on. But when I went to start, I read in the leaflet you’re not meant to use if you’ve had breast cancer so I didn’t use it. But I don’t want a life without sex. I’m just feeling very fed up and sad that I have to face choices like this at 37. I just wondered if anyone else has had a similar experience and what you have been advised to do and what you have done… am very confused and scared of both options I have. Thank you in advance for any help or advice. Much love to all xxx

Hi Nicola ,welcome to the forum .I have just bumped up a post in the hormone therapy section of the forum entitled " ladybits" this was advice given to another lady by the nurses on the forum - have a look and see if it helps -you could also post this query in that section and see if anyone else had used vagifem or ask the nurses in the "Ask the nurses section " about your particular query .Good luck .Jill.

Thank you for your advice and for getting back to me xxxx