cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoladex anyone on three monthly injections

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Zoladex anyone on three monthly injections

I started with a 1 month injection of Zoladex to check I didn't have a bad reaction to it, then switched to the 3 monthly injections at my GP's suggestion because it was more convenient, and stuck with the 3 monthly ones for the two years I was told I should do it. Although officially it's not supposed to be used that way for women with BC, studies have been done that seem to say it's OK. I couldn't face the aggro of arranging appointments every 4 weeks, every 3 months was bad enough.

I was only too pleased to be offered the more convenient 3 monthly option, although the size of the injection is rather daunting. My GP was an absolute star and did the injection herself each time rather than sending me to the nurse, and gave me a dental type local anaesthetic beforehand, using very fine needles so it didn't hurt and I only had minor bruising.

Pat mentioned about having the injection in a different place each time - this is actually a good idea. My GP made a note each time about where she'd done the injection and made sure to go for a different place next time. 

Best wishes

CC x

Highlighted

Pat,

I've been on the Zoladex injections for nearly 7 years and I've always been told that women can't have the 3 monthly ones, if you find out different I'd love to know as I too have problems booking up each month with the nurse.  I'm off today for one, after getting an ear-bashing from the receptionists for "leaving it to the last minute".....I've been trying to get through for an appointment for 2 weeks!!

Wendy

Highlighted

Hi Pat,  I was on zoladex for a short period.  I had a 1 month injection followed by a 3 month injection.  This was done at the oncology nurse clinic at the hospital.  I think the plan was to stay on 3 monthly injections, but I didn't need them in the end. Hope this  helps. E

Highlighted

Hi Patricia4

Whilst you are waiting for the other users to reply with their knowledge and experience do give the BCC helpline a call on 0808 800 6000.  Here you can talk through your questions with a memeber of staff who will offer you a listening ear as well as support and practical information.  Lines are open weekdays 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 2pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator  

Highlighted

Zoladex anyone on three monthly injections

Hello I have just had my fourth Zoladex injection and because I have been very poorly in different hospitals, I have had my zoladex injecton at a different place every time.   I dont find it painful as I am on daily klexane injections.   I just find it hard to get it arranged to have the injections, because a doctor wants to see you before hand, and even if I was at my regular GP's you cant get it on repeat presciption and have to arrange to have it with a nurse or doctors, and you cant just book it at the time of the injection fo rthe next month.  So have to then try and arrange it most times on the day, or within a  week if I am lucky to get an appt with the Nurse.

So what I am saying and asking is that the nice doctor I saw yesteray, said about having 3 monthly Zoladex injections.   With all the research I have done I have only found it being used for 1 monthly injections for women who have had breast cancer, and the 3 monthly ones are for men with prostrate cancer.

Does anyone know any information.   Because I am hoping to travel around a bit when I am well enough to do so.

Many thanks

Pat