Zoladex injections

Hi

Just wondered if anyone does their injections themselves? Has anyone asked about doing them themselves?

Thanks for any experiences.

Emxx

Hi Emily

I am sorry that you have not had a response to this as yet, hopefully this will bump it up so that others see it.  If you have any concerns or questions, please do give our Support line a call, 0808 800 6000.

Best wishes
Anna
Digital Community Officer

Hi Em, I’ve been having zoladex since December 2014.  I cannot imagine ever giving myself these injections, the needle is huge and the injection is very painful.  The practice nurse who does mine has a spray to numb the area before I have my injection.  

I have aver recently finished giving myself daily injections of heparin for 6 months and they were bad enough, zoladex would defo be a no go.

Hi Em,  I’ve been on them for 8 years and agree that doing them yourself is probably not a good idea.  The needle IS HUGE…and has to go in at a certain angle to get it in the fat under the skin.

After all this time I don’t have the area numbed first, but then I think I have skin of leather on my stomach now!

I too have had periods where I’ve had to self inject blood thinners and I wouldn’t ever want to get involved with such a big needle.

Good luck with it all :slight_smile:

Wendy