Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoladex inplant

15 REPLIES 15
Sue C
Community Champion

Re: Zoladex inplant

Hi Debbie

No I didn't know about magnesium. Another supplement to take?! Will start rattling soon!

My eyes are still not great. Can't work out if its an infection or maybe just hay fever ( although I've not had it before). Vision still abit blurry. Will book opticians to see what they go think.

The zoladex implant can be abit hit or miss for me. Sometimes I don't feel a thing and others I have to grit my teeth. Put loads of cream on, an hour before, and hope that helps. Didn't feel so poorly afterwards this time, but had a banging headache about a day after.

Sue xx

(

Debbie1964

Also i read magnesium can lesson joint pain, so ive started taking that, i read if your magnesium levels are low you can suffer joint pain, have you ever heard this before.

Debbie x

Debbie1964

Hi sue hope your eyes are better, i had 2nd zoledex on wednesday, this nurse wasnt so gentle lol, had awfull overy pains thursday, but so far it seems to have eased now, fingers crossed.

Debbie xx

Sue C
Community Champion

Hi

Yes joint pain can be challenging! Find it doesn't last long, but then moves to another area! The last two mornings I've woken up with numbness in my toes. Haven't had that one before! I take cod liver oil once a day and find that helps abit with joints. Xx

Debbie1964

That should say joints lol

Debbie1964

Hi sue thinks havent been to bad few hot flushes but manley there in the day not at night, last few days my jiints sre painfull, worst is my right hipthe side i had implant, its actually quite painfull to walk, i feel 80 not 53 lol xx 

Sue C
Community Champion

Oh OK. If you do experience nausea, sometimes it can be better to take the letrozole in the evening. Other than that, it does take about 6 weeks for the medication to kick in. Let me know how you get on xx

Debbie1964

I starting taking that, the same morning as i had implant so i dont think i would be able to say what side effect came from which drug,, i woke up two mornings on the trot with i can only explain feeling slightly nausuois and headache, the feeling of a hangover, first coffee and half hour later it passes xx

Sue C
Community Champion

Yes, I agree. It does feel a bit like a period. Also finding it hard to keep cool today! Hope to feel better tomorrow. I find once this settles, I don't notice anything for the rest of the month. Do you experience any side effects from the letrozole?
Sue x
Debbie1964

Hi sue, wasnt half as bad as i imagined, bit tender after, started my letrozole yesterday too, so far so good, feel abit of discomfort in my boobs, can only expkain it like the feeling before you start period, but it comes and goes, im awaiting night sweats lol, and wondering how soon they might happen , i was told first few days are the worst each month for the side effects 

Debbie. Xx

Sue C
Community Champion

Hi Debbie, how did it go? Had mine yesterday and definitely feeling abit off today.

Horrible feeling like this every month! Xx

Debbie1964

Thankyou mm,

I have picked my prescription up tonight to takevto my doctors tomorrow, they gave my that cream to put on an hour before i go, thats reassuring as i hate needles lol.

Debbie xx

MysteryMouse

Hi Debbie

I'm due my 4th Zolodex this week.  I use Emla cream to numb the area beforehind and I don't feel a thing during the injection. 

Aferwards and for a few days I feel slightly like I am coming down with something but that's all.

Having the actual injection is not as scary as I had first thought and I'm sure you will be fine 🙂

MM

xx

Debbie1964

Thankyou sue i will take a look at it  xxxxx

Sue C
Community Champion

Hi Debbie

Yes, I'm on letrozole and zoladex. I feel a slight scratch when its inserted, just the same as any other injection. You can get some numbing cream, which you put on an hour before, which does help. I've noticed that a few days after, that I feel slightly unwell, but nothing major and it soon passes. Its hard to tell with side effects whether its the zoladex or the letrozole. Please see my other posts on zoladex.

Sue x

Debbie1964

Zoladex inplant

Hi, does anyone have any experiance of having the zoladex inplant, im having my first one wednesday, and taking letrozole daily along side it, my surgeon said it may be quite intense in the first few days of having it,, how long does it take to start working and give you the side effects,, and does it hurt having the injection, im not sure how long i have to have it for, my lumpectomy is 25th of july.

Thanks

Debbiexxx