Zoladex inplant

Hi, does anyone have any experiance of having the zoladex inplant, im having my first one wednesday, and taking letrozole daily along side it, my surgeon said it may be quite intense in the first few days of having it, how long does it take to start working and give you the side effects, and does it hurt having the injection, im not sure how long i have to have it for, my lumpectomy is 25th of july.

Thanks

Debbiexxx

Hi Debbie

Yes, I’m on letrozole and zoladex. I feel a slight scratch when its inserted, just the same as any other injection. You can get some numbing cream, which you put on an hour before, which does help. I’ve noticed that a few days after, that I feel slightly unwell, but nothing major and it soon passes. Its hard to tell with side effects whether its the zoladex or the letrozole. Please see my other posts on zoladex.

Sue x

Hi Debbie

I’m due my 4th Zolodex this week.  I use Emla cream to numb the area beforehind and I don’t feel a thing during the injection. 

Aferwards and for a few days I feel slightly like I am coming down with something but that’s all.

Having the actual injection is not as scary as I had first thought and I’m sure you will be fine :slight_smile:

MM

xx

Yes, I agree. It does feel a bit like a period. Also finding it hard to keep cool today! Hope to feel better tomorrow. I find once this settles, I don’t notice anything for the rest of the month. Do you experience any side effects from the letrozole?
Sue x