Zolodex and anastrazole

Hi, I have recently been told by my onc that my treatment is to be changed from tamoxifen to zolodex and anastrazole for sbc in bones. I would love to hear from anyone who has had these drugs and how effective they are and any issues re side effects. X

Hello Kazza,

Have you just been diagnosed with sbc in bones or are you changing treatment because of progression? Whatever the case, I’m sorry you have to change treatment. I didn’t have Zoladex as I opted for an oopherectomy instead, but that will put you into chemical menopause, so you can probably expect some menopausal symptoms unless you’re really lucky! I took Arimidex when I was first diagnosed with secondaries in/behind the sternum and the combination of that and radiotherapy got me to NED and kept me there for nearly five years with very few SEs, so it can be a powerful little pill! We are all different, though, and will all get very different SEs and benefits from each drug we take. But I hope that this combination will be gentle on you and tough on that cancer. Good luck!

Hi,Kazza,I’m on tamoxifen for bone mets. But if in a weeks time my markers have gone up he will be changing me to that combo. So at the moment I can’t help. Apart from 20 years ago I had zolodex injections for gyno problems and had terrible hot flushes,but we are all different. My doctor used to give me a local anesthetic injection first before the zolodex but BCN has informed me "we"don’t do that ,yikes!!!
Good luck with your new treatment,huge hug,Helen xx