cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a 'good brand' for tamoxifen?

7 REPLIES 7
Kess

Re: a 'good brand' for tamoxifen?

I take teh Wockhardt brand. I have some side effects (mainly hot flushes that started in chemo) but nothing major. I havent tried any other brand. Some people find one brand works better for them, but I would go with whatever they first give you to start with as thats the one your local pharmacy will stock most easily,
JETS

thx all x will wait and see!

catchpole

Hi sarah,

As we bith under Norfolk and Norwich possibly we might  get same brand, mine are WOCKHARDT thats the make i cant see anything else,.  Apart from hot flushes i havent had any side effects,  June

Jobey68

I was worried about the effects from different brands after some of the things I had read but just about to start my third month and they have all been different and I don't have any real side effects other than a rare flush and some palpitations but nothing really so fingers crossed it continues with the next packet! Xx
Kittkatt

Hi Jets,
I've also had 3 different brands of Tamoxifen and no side effects with any of them so they are definitely not inevitable.
Kitt
X
Nanny_Sal

Jets I'm sure if you look through other posts you will see that different brands affect people in different ways. What might suit you will be awful for others. I would say all you can do is try one and see how you get on. Also bare in mind that lots of people find they have side effects for the first few months and then they settle. I have tried 3 different brands, and now stick to the one brand that works for me.

Just think positively some ladies find their perfect brand, straight a way.

Good Luck in finding the brand that suits you best xxxx
Charity11

Hi jets I have been taking tamoxifen since end of January this year. The brand I have is TEVA and so far so good for me.  I have hot sweats but that's about it although I know its nots the same for everyone.

Good luck

Charity xx

JETS

a 'good brand' for tamoxifen?

hi - I've got appointment at GP next week to be prescribed my first lot of ten years of tamoxifen.  I am currently having chemo so will start this at the end of July but have heard different things about side effects with different brands.  Is there a 'good brand' that seems to work for most people with limited side effects?  Thanks