a little bit concerned...tamoxifen?

Hi

I have been on tamoxifen for 2 years and have had a lot of side effects. I have had a couple of mad weels with having a birthday etc but have been hit with exhaustion over the past few days, even more worryingley i have just driven through a red light and only realised half way through. I have had a reletivley paranoia free few months which has been a nice break but now i feel the paranoia creeping back. Does anyone else suffer with this scatty brain or tiredness?

Thanks,

Emily

Hi Mairead
Yes and Yes! to both. Ive had luckily very few side effects since starting in Dec 09, but the fatigue has been hard to deal with. Im finding work a struggle memory wise.Very hard to keep on top of stuff.
Sorry I cant offer any good advice, but wish you well.
Cathie xx

Emily,
I too have been on Tamoxifen for (nearly) 2 years.Recently I have had a lot of stress and tiredness through work and looking after my elderly Dad.On Sunday I felt awful,kinda spaced out and I couldn’t think straight at all it was like my brain was wired all wrong!.I went to bed at 9pm and woke at 11.45am! Obviously I didn’t make work ,my OH called in for me.I got a GP appt yesterday afternoon and she has signed me off with “nervous exhaustion” I guess I will be better after some good sleep and relaxation.It sometimes just all catches up with us.Hope you can get some rest and relaxation,Hugs
Dot
xxx

Hmmm I certainly identify with the dippyness and exhaustion, but I’m never sure if it’s the tamox, or chemo brain (finished 2 years ago!) or herceptin. Or is it just life with cancer? I forget things like never before, i have trouble saying the right words even tho they were right in my head a second before (e.g. ‘do you want computer in your sandwich?’ instead of cucumber)and I’m just amazed not to have crashed the car, as i can’t manage a shopping list.
I have a colleague at work who had rads, no chemo or anything else, and she also gets the exhaustion (‘hitting a brick wall’ and feeling like you will just have to lie down)so it’s bit of a mystery
Jacquie

Jacquie, I have only had rads,no chemo,so I cannot blame chemo but my cognitive ability and fatigue is much worse than it was before BC.I guess its low oestrogen from the tamoxifen.
I could probably plod along in a stress free life but the pressures of work,my Dad etc along with having BC have just run me into the ground.So quickly too.
We need to be kind to ourselves and get some quality rest and relaxation.Its not easy ,my 88 year old Dad just phoned to say he’s lost his hearing aid,I was there most of the day and I live 30 miles away.Arrghh!
Take care girls,
Love n hugs
Dot
xxx