a quick question

Hi Everyone - I am new on here and i am looking for some advice.

I have noticed a raised area above my nipple when i look at my breasts in the mirror with my arm lifted up, and my breast is quite itchy, also about 6 months ago i developed these tiny small red bumps (they feel like blocked hair follicles - but i don’t think they are) i still have them and they are probably about 1/4 inch apart from each other - they are above the raised area.

I am worried about going to my doctor as i went about a year ago with a lump and following a mamogram there was nothing to worry about.

I think he will think i am an hypochondriac.

has anyone on here had any of the symptoms i have and if so - did you get the all clear?

thanks

Lindy

it doesn’t matter what your doctor thinks about you, anyway being a hypochondriac can be a disabling condition. If you think there’s something different about your breast go and see the doctor. You are the best judge of what is unusual for you and if you are worried then that should be enough

mole

As Mole says, you must go to your doctor. If these symptoms are new as you say they are, the doctor will definitely want to see them and will not in any way think you are a hypochondriac. Please make an appointment with him/her tomorrow??

Don’t worry about going to your g.p…they get paid a fortune to listen to our woes, even if it does turn out to be nothing serious!

If you feel something is wrong then make the appointment hun and don’t feel stupid for doing so its your right to healthcare!

Hope all is well x

Hi LindyLou

Without wanting to be alarmist you’re going to feel lot more stupid if something did turn out to be wrong and you didn’t go.

You need to go asap (just in case).

We all hope there is nothing wrong but in the UNLIKELY event that there was then it will be far better all round if you go early - and you’ll probably save him money on his budget in the long run!

As I said - not to scare you - BUT YOU NEED TO GO! Please let us all know that you’ve made an appointment
Love FizBix xxx

Hi All,

thank you so much for your replies, i have a hospital appointment this morning (I have Crohns disease) so i will call and make an appointment as soon as i am out of there.

It is really funny but now i can’t stop touching or looking at this part of my breast - i noticed last night that if i press against it i get a visible crease around the edge of it - so common sense tells me that i need to get this checked out.

I will of course let you all know how i get on and although i don’t know any of you - or what you are going through at the mo - i really thank you and hope you are all well.

take care

Lindy

xx

Hi Just a quick update - seeing my doctor on monday but having 2nd thoughts about it now as i don’t want to waste his time!

hope you all have a great weekend - whatever you are doing - looks like we are going to be in for some nice weather.

take care

Lindy

xxx

Hi Lindy
If you are worried you must get checked.You are not wasting time. it is what doctors are paid for and it will give you peace of mind knowing that you will get it sorted either way.

Take Care

Mary
xx

HI Lindy

Keep the appointment!!! you will only keep worrying and thats what they get paid for. Promise you will go

Debs x

Hi all,

Went to the doctors this yesterday - he is referring me for a mammogram - but said not to worry as it could be anything - should be seen quite quickly i am told - so here goes… i suppose this wait will be the hardest part.

if they find anything on the mammogram will they tell me there and then - or do you have to wait for an appointment with the consultant or for the results to go back to my gp?

thanks for the support and i hope you all enjoyed the sunshine over the weekend.

take care

Lindy

xxx

Hi Lindy

Funny how most doctors say ‘not to worry’ hmmmmmmm!!! Hopefully you will get your appointment within 2 weeks if he has referred you urgently. You will have the tests, some hospitals tell you on the day and some give you an appointment up to a week later, usually you will go back to the clinic and your gp gets a copy of your results.

Good luck lindy, let us know when you go

Yvonne xx

Hi Lindy

I can only tell you what my hospital did which is the mammogram, ultrasound and FNA(fine needle aspiration) on the day with the results. I believe some may not so it might be worth ringing your hospital and ask. I doubt your GP would be the one to tell you the results - its usually the consultant in the breast clinic- one less thing to worry about!

Good luck and lets hope it will be nothing -the odds are in your favour!!!

thanks again for your comments - this place is like a haven for me - i haven’t told my husband about this as yet - he thinks i am a hypochondriac too!

xx