Waxing is dodgy;
And plucking is painful;
Electrics graze you
And epilators too.

It’s all very boring,
when you look like Yul Brynner.
That your leg hair keps growing,
while all the rest gets thinner!

With a nod to Dorothy Parker and apologies for the bad rhymes!

So true, so true…

Love your poem, Lynn

great one Curtain Queen!

I lost my leg & underarm hair on FEC fortunately - but it’s growing in again on Tax and I’m not sure what to do to get rid of leg hair…am thinking creams, but they make you smell. And I’ve told you the underarm trick!

Good news is the leg hair is very soft and legs still feel very smooth - thanks to the fact the follicles are rounded, not cut. Am tempted to leave well alone, as technically blonde and the hairs don’t really show…dunno…the things we women have to think about!!!

Join us in DDI2 sometime woman - hope you are doing ok. If you look at the DDI2 thread you’ll see I’m out of my mind on drugs at the moment…am actually doing housework!!!

calm down dear…housework on a saturday…shame on you.
I am buzzing on the steroids and contemplating moving the contents of the kitchen cupboards around just for a laugh.
I go outbut…jese…the weather!

I think leaving the leg hair is the best option, if I didn’t look like a hobbit I’d leave it alone myself.
I wish we didn’t live under this tyranny of society that says we have to be hairless in some areas and have lush locks in others.
Oh well off to but some more scarves…
Just remembered…I used to use some kind of sandpaper mit todo my legs, it was very good but left your legs a little dry, but was fine with moisturiser. I’ll see if they are still around
Have dropped in on the Inn so see you there.
TTFN
Gillian

Glad you are buzzing too - wild huh?

Great! The best bit about chemo for me (if any of it can be classed as good!), was losing all my hair inc legs, bikini, pits. And my head hear grew back curly, lovely!

Irene

lol Irene. I could have done without the bikini bit myself - gave myself a scare in the shower one morning - and it’s not as though I’m going swimming what with a cable hanging out of my chest at the moment! However, the pits & legs bit was a bonus (as was the facial hair!). Hope my hair doesn’t grow back curly - tried on a curly wig and looked AWFUL! Immediately gained 10 lbs in the mirror and lost 3 inches in height! bizarre!

The bum fluff I have coming up is either blonde or grey…or perhaps both! I don’t mind a wave, but no curls please! Another inch or so and I’ll ditch the scarves - Gillian, I have loads, so you can be well equipped if you want!

Take care y’all - more poems please Gillian - that one was great! You should get on the Haiku thread in chit chat & fun - it’s dead powerful and good.

wouldn’t know a haiku if I saw a jersey on a crane!

it’s just a kind of poem

5 syllables first line (which has to be the last line from the entry before)
then 7 syllables
then 5 again for the last line (which will be the first line of the next entry!)

Have a look - it’s really good xx

yes its absolutely brilliant and very inspirational! Do give it a go.

Hi :slight_smile:
My hair (grey- my age) is growing back on my head - its amazing how thick it is not quite long enough to be curly yet but there are waves to it even now
Its a pain trying to sort out the legs, under arm is not happening and I wonder why??? facial hair is coming back and the fine blonde bits on my cheeks can be seen if I have light behind me - most wierd, I think its more noticable cos of the length - could be a problem …bikini line is being tackled - although I agree epilators are not as good as razors and I bought one recently hmph!

legs - not so noticable as there is no sun adn wearing trousers lol!!!

thanks for being so creative and fun :slight_smile:

Jan