71712members
376146posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

advce please re one boob biger than other!!!

5 REPLIES 5
snoogle

Re: advce please re one boob biger than other!!!

Hi Lindyd, Good that you have got an earlier appointment. Please let us know how you get on. Try not to worry too much. Take care x

lindyd

Up date -after phone calls to breast clinic and pestering doctor now got appointment for next Thursday - don't know how much of a coincidence it is but at 8.20 last night got phone call saying they were putting on an extra clinic and asking if I wanted appointment brought forward - jumped at the chance but very mixed emotions relived that its sooner but still worrying about the what ifs and terrified at the same time. Thank you Jan and snoogle for your replies - hope all is well with you both - take care x

snoogle

Hi, I too have one boob bigger than the other and unfortunately mine is breast cancer, although yours could be something else so don't let that worry you. I noticed pain before the lump. Mine was initially treated as non-breastfeeding mastitis, but did not respond to antibiotics. If only for your own peace of mind you should push for a more urgent referral. There are many websites solely about inflammatory breast cancer, but I am not in a position to recommend any. If you look at some they may give you the extra information you need to get an earlier referral. Or ring a helpline like the one here for breast cancer care. Hope this helps. x

lindyd

Hi Jan thanks for your reply - my first appointment I made with GP was on 16th March - she did not seem concerned about breast pain - at that point had it for about 2 weeks but on examination she found a lump so referred me to breast clinic - appointment came through but not until 13th MAY - yes IBC had been playing on my mind and as pain persisted and one breast bigger than other made app with GP saw her last wed (1st April) but as is sods law swelling had subsided (good sign I hope)and breast less painful. Re examined and GP said nothing had changed (in to which I read lump still there) - she was surprised how long until appointment so said would write to see if it could be moved forward although she said could not promise anything - over the last few days breast has now returned to normal size and no more pain (both good signs I hope) so at the moment I'm not as worried but playing the waiting game along with hundreds of others. (nb - IF MY APPOINTMENT IS NOT CHANGED IT WILL BE OVER 9 WEEKS FROM FIRST SEEING MY GP TO APPOINTMENT AT BREAST CLINIC - FAR TO LONG IN MY OPINION)

JanB

There is a type of breast cancer which is quite rare where one breast becomes swollen and there is not always a lump obvious. You don't say if there are any other symptoms. Other symptoms would include : breast hot to the touch and sometimes red, skin dimpled like orange peel and nipple inverted. Unlike other breast cancers the breast can be painful and/or tender. If you have some or all of these you need to ask for your clinic appointment to be classed as urgent. The Macmillan website has nurses online or on the phone you can discuss this with who will understand. Many medical staff are still unaware of the condition. My GP had never heard of it.

lindyd

advce please re one boob biger than other!!!

Hi Im still waiting to go to breast clinic re pain and lump found by doctor - noticed yesterday that the boob that hurts is now noticeably bigger than the other is this a bad sign or not?