cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

advice please

4 REPLIES 4

Re: advice please

Dear Paula

If your local authority has a Welfare Rights Dept they will be able to confirm.  If you receive benefits and need support to care for you that person can stay 3 nights per week (without it affecting your benefits), in reality this needs to be declared though.  If somebody lives in your porperty the Council will take that into account and that person has to contribute (and in reality will make a difference to) to the rent and council tax.  Regardles of whether that person has an income.  You say your ex partner is too proud to sign on, where are they living now and who is financing them.  I am really sorry that this factual information is probably not what you need to hear just now but as you say you can do without the additional stress as you've got yourself and you son to think about.

Take Care xx

Try the helpline here too, or macmillan. They may give you advice the benefits office doesnt

Hi bondgirl
Thanks for the reply, my bcn was trying to tell me about benefits etc the day I got diagnosed but I honestly didn't take any notice.
I will call the benefit office tomorrow & speak to the nurse thursday. Thank you x
Love & support to you & your niece xx

Hi pjlady

I have been following your posts this week and felt the need to reply to this one, my niece is in a similar situation and was told that she could have her partner live with her 3 nights prin week without it affecting her benefits, but that was with her boyfriend working - thus maybe different if your child's father is out of work.  I think you can speak to the benefits office for advice xxxx

advice please

Hi ladies
I'm 29 with a 2 year old son who has additional needs. I was diagnosed last week.
I get dla for my son & carers allowance.
We live in a council house & I get help towards my rent & council tax as it's just me & my son & I don't work.
Myself & my son's father have been speaking about him possibly moving in with us for a while to help with my son, he doesn't work at the moment but is too proud to sign on.
I'm stuck!
Will I loose my benefits? This is a worry I don't need to be honest.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Paula x