and Breathe ...

Saw oncologist yesterday and really liked him.  I’m on Anastrozole and Zoledronic Acid IV once a month for bone mets in my spine and ribs.  CT scan in three months time to see if everything is stable … fingers crossed.  He said the enlarged lymph nodes in my abdomen may or may not be something, but it would be unusual for it to be breast cancer.  That’s opposed to the surgeon’s glib comment about lobular cancer showing up in “funny” places.  

I feel like I’ve now been given time to adjust to what has been the worst three months of my adult life.  Husband’s death in August, screening mammo on 4 July with every three weeks since another level of bad news about my breast cancer.  

Counseling this afternoon, GP in a few minutes for antidepressants … boy do I need them!

Stacey thinking of you .yes it feels like living under a cloud doesn’t it.im thinking of you you havnt had time to even grieve…there is plenty of support on Thi site most general chat is on bone Mets…we understand what your going through…love sharonx

Hiya Stacey
Phew …2016 hasent been a good year has it but at least you are focusing on things now.
Do you have children and a family near as its good to have support.
Sending hugs xxxx

Hello ladies
I think in today’s world not many families are cancer free …most have someone that is affected . My best friends four year old granddaughter has leukaemia and has had extensive chemo over the past year which a couple of times has been touch and go .
FF …good and bad news for you too.
Stacey
I hope that your sister in law is a good support and probably friends will rally around for you …if they don’t …then they are not good friends . Sometimes people don’t understand cancer and think that a blast of chemo and we are all fixed !! Or people say how are you loudly and I have to remind them there is nothing wrong with my ears !!
Hugs xxx

Stacy you poor love what a bad 3 months I do hope they can sort you out and bring a little peace into your life. It doesn’t seem right when you hear of awful peole who just sail through life without a care in the world some who ruin peoples lives. I wish when their end comes it is like Patrick Swayze’s film Ghost where the Bogey Men come for them.

FF how unusual to know 2 youngsters with the eye problem. I am pleased you got your suprise visitor how lucky that he thought so much of you to come such a long way.

Love and (((hugs)))  xxx

Hi Stacey,

was searching for you on the other thread. Had been wondering how you were getting on. Sounds as if the treatment plan is under way and you have a little respite.

sorry your family live so far away, but actually, I find my friends so much more on the ball when I need help/support. I find that im more supporting my family sometimes than the other way around!

however, I feel very blessed. I am glad you are in a better place currently and hope you have some lovely ‘me’ time

live and hugs

Moijanxx