anticipation and fear

anticipation and fear

anticipation and fear I have started this topic on behalf of new user whirlygigg

Kind Regards
Forum Host
Breast Cancer Care

I had a routine mammogram two weeks ago and have been called back for tests next monday.It sounds like a one stop shop-I’m just getting my head around all the variations of provision in different areas. Does anyone know anything about treatment in Hull,-I’m new to this area so dont know what the reputation is like.
Am feeling so vulnerable and near to tears -pathetic or what!!I’m really glad I found this web site with all the great women who know what itslike geting your head round this.

Hi Hi Whirlygigg,

I know how you are feeling at the moment. I was told last year I had a fibroadenoma and have now find another larger lump. Had appointment at clinic then returned last week for scan. Going back today at 3.30 for results and chat with the consultant. Dr who did the scan did advise me that she thought it was nothing to worry about so you will probably find that although you may have to go back for results the Dr scanning will tell you if it looks like anything. I have spent many hours just staring into space worrying and getting myself all upset. Now I just think “you know what if ive got cancer then I will deal with it head on, worrying will not change anything”. Dont get me wrong I am still petrified lol. My 2 year old daughter has kept me very busy which has helped alot as I have had a little less time to think about hings. Will let you know this aftenoon how I got on.
Try not to worry too much or to read too much on the internet as tempting as that is. And just try to remember that 90% of cases are benign.
Be possitive

Thinking of you

Jo
xxx

Hello Whirlygigg.

You are certainly not pathetic…we have all felt exactly the same.

You have plenty of friends on this lovely caring site, so don’t feel alone we are all here for you.

Hugs Val. XXXX.

Hello PenelopeP,

I hope it was good news for you Penelope, please let us know how you got on.

Hugs Val.

Hello Whirlygigg

You’re not pathetic. We’ve all been there and we all understand exactly how you feel.

Penelope - hope it was good news.

Best wishes to both of you

Love Anthi

Hi whirlygigg! Hiya,

I am glad you’ve found us on this site. I have found the support here amazing since I was diagnosed in March. I had an appt at a one-stop shop and hadn’t realised how lucky I was. It was only when I was chatting to other ladies on this site that I realised that they don’t have one-stop shops everywhere and some people have to wait weeks in between having their tests and getting their results. I had all my tests (mammo’s, u/s and biposies) done on the Monday morning and got my results an hour later. Unfortunately for me the news was not so good and I found myself in hospital a week later having a mastectomy. I was very pleased that they acted so quickly though and I had little time waiting around worrying. Started chemo last month so things are looking up. Am hopeful that I have a long and happy life ahead of me. I’m not planning on going anywhere anytime soon. Need to get married and have children and stuff!

Feeling vulnerable and near to tears is certainly NOT pathetic! I am sure we all feel like this, and probably more often than we would care to admit. I only had a few days to wait from my Gp’s appt to going to the clinic and that few days was a nightmare. I couldn’t even work as I could think of nothing else but the forthcoming appt. Instead I opted to drive down to my family in Kent for a few days as I wanted to see my mum. I didn’t want to worry her initially as I hoped that it would turn out to be something and nothing. She picked up that something was wrong though and I ended up telling her. This sort of lessened the blow (if thats at all possible) when I then rang her on the monday to say I had breast cancer.

I wish you all the best for monday and I hope the news for you is good. I will be looking out for your posts, please let us know how you get on as soon as you get the chance. Keep smiling and try not to get too bogged down with worry over this next few days.

Take care,

Kelly
-x-

P.S. Penelopep, how did you get on yesterday?? Hope your news was good x

anticipation and fear Hi Kelly
Thanks for your message-I take it that you are one of the youngsters on here!!!I am still thinking about this all the blooming time,but I am coming to terms with the words and having read so many posts on here I really dont feel so isolated.I think that people are so matter of fact when talking about all the implications that it makes you feel-ok-I can cope with that too if I need to.I’ll let you know what happens Mon