any more help out there

hello
im a single mum on income support and am really struggling at the moment
finished my treatment and am on tam
i did do a few hrs before dx to pay my top up rent but i cant even manage that now
mcmillan paid for my son and i to have a few days break which was great
i was turned down for dla
is there anything else i can try to claim for does anyone know please?
i have just recieved a community care grant form but i dont hold out much hope

Hi Lincs Lady

I don’t know much about the DSS system but I know if you contact D.I.A.L they can help you especially with filling in forms for DIA, even if you have been turned down already they will apply again for you, also have you tried your local C.A.B they are very helpful, may even be able to help with contacting local charities that can help.

I hope your able to find something soon.

Carol x

Hi there
What about ESA? You might be entitled to that. Why don’t you pop into your local job centre and ask if they know of any other benefits you might be able to claim?

All the best and hope you feel better soon xx

hi,
try this link, cancer recovery foundation will pay a household bill for you.
Also macmillan give out funding up to £500 for a holiday or hardship funding.
cancerrecovery.org.uk/site/PageServer?pagename=WhatWeDo

hope this helps.
sharon

thankyou everyone
we had £300 from mcmillan for a short break in the summer, no idea if i can apply again?
thanks for the other link too
have asked at the job centre,esa is an option if i can still not work when income support ends when my child is 7. though from what ive read everyone gets turned down for it

Someone you might find helpful for holidays, this is not specific to cancer but heavily subsidised for any single parent families, especially as you have an extra health need: Take a Break holidays from a christian organisation called Care for the Family
careforthefamily.org.uk/tab/