any one else had this?

any one else had this?

any one else had this? hello , i came on this site back in august last year and found it very helpful.
i have some worries i wondered if any one could help clear up for me, will try to make it as short as possible.
last year i had been experiencing very severe pain in my left breast, never had it before. i did a breast examination when the pain lessened and found an area of lumpiness, on the upper outer section i was petrified and convinced myself i had breast cancer. couldnt wait for weeks and weeks so paid privately had mammogram and then it was suggested i had an ultrasound which just showed “nodules” the consultant told me there was nothing to worry about as they werent cancerous but to keep an eye for any further changes.
well a couple of months later the pain was so bad and i still wasnt satisfied after reading aboutthe triple assesmment that most clinics were doing, my gp said there was nothing to worry about but again i wasnt satisfied so paid again to see a private breast consultant who drew a cross on the lumpy area which scared the daylights out of me i must admit! he then suggested a needle aspiration which ihad and within days came back as clear. as i was reluctant to pay another lot of money just to be told that it was clear the problem wasnt explained to me apart from that it wasnt cancerous.
but since then the worry surfaced gain as the pain never really went away and is not cyclical it can last months on end and is so painful i flinch if any one comes near me, cant even bear to wash the breast as even the gentlest of touches is painful.
i went a few weeks ago to a charitable organisation and just paid a donation to see a breast nurse who did a thorough examination and explained that what i had hardening of the sacs in the breast (something like that !) and that fluid was making them hard and inflamed and it wasnt draining properly from the lymph glands under my arm. she didnt give it a name and said the cause wasnt known. i was verty relieved as at the time she explained it so well more so then any of the consultants had ever done , they hadnt even given me an explanation. but the worry is creeping back again as the pain has been so severe for about two months now with no break, i just wondered if there was a name for this condition so i could research it a bit, or if any one else had suffered similar symptoms. the other thing that is worrying me is that the nipple on this breast looks like someone has pricked it with a needle, i hadnt thought anything of it and in all honesty it may have alway been like that, but she picked up on it and said it was slightly inverted.
im sorry for such a long post but this has been worrying me for months now and its hard to forget when the pain is always there.
thanks for taking the time to read.
dawn

breast pain Sounds very uncomfortable.

Firstly, you could try looking at

wrongdiagnosis.com/sym/breast_pain.htm
#diseasedatabase

which is a good starting point on symptoms. [[nb- run on “htm#dise…”]]

Secondly, have you thought about consulting someone to do lymphatic drainage? Worth thinking about. I would also get the nurse who saw you to put into writing what exactly she thinks is wrong, if she hasn’t already done so.

I hope someone can come up with helpful advice.

similar problem I went to the doctor last month with pain in my left breast. It also felt hard, had got bigger and under my arm was sore. I was referred to the breast clinic and was seen within a fortnight. After receiving the all clear the consultant talked to me about my breast pain. She explained that this was caused by over-active glands in my breast and was hormonal. She advised me to take 2 x 1050mg of Evening Primrose Oil each day for 6 months. I am already feeling the benefits.

Hope this helps.

Amelie

thanks to you both hi and thanks for both your replie, sorry i didnt reply sooner.
amelie , i have tried the evening primrose and no change, im still in so much pain from my left breast and this time it has lasted solidly for about three months, doesnt ease with period or after period, cant lie on it or do any excercise and it doesnt seem to be all of the breast thats affected just certain large areas, i also get a lot of sharp stabbingpains as well as the constant all over pain, and i just seems a lot fuller and harder and lumpier then the other breast, i also get the feeling that i used to get years and years ago when breastfeeding , the tingling just before the milk came out, i look down sometimes sure i will be leaking milk but have never had any kind of discharge.
i am still worried and have fear that it could still be something more serious even after the tests, its got so bad i cant even bear to wash it as it feels so different to the other breast, sounds disgusting doesnt it!!!
sorry i have waffled on a bit havent i .
does this sound familiar to what you experienced?
best wishes
dawn

Hello Dawn Just spotted your post on the forum. I’m going through much the same thing.
In August I found a lump in my left breast and my GP referred me to the breast care clinic. I had mammograms and ultrasounds, also fine needle aspiration on one lump.
They told me I am prone to breast cysts because of my age (46). The sacs in my breasts are becoming filled with fluid due to hormonal changes because I’m pre-menopausal and no longer in the child bearing/breast feeding cycle. The consultant told me “Nature has no use for you anymore”! I had seven cysts drained and the results of the FNA came back clear - thank heavens!
The past four days though, my left breast has become very veined and swollen, just as you describe. The pain is dreadful; painkillers don’t help, I’ve been using a warm compress.
I’ve got a follow up appointment at the clinic in two weeks, but I’m wondering if I should see my GP before then; I’ll check back on this forum to see how you’re getting on.
Take care
Elaine x

hi elaine hi elaine, its a kind of relief to speak to someone who is having similar problems, i hope that doesnt sound too selfish!!
if i was you i would go back to your gp to discuss your worries, if nothing else just for a bit of reassurance.
its funny you mention using compresses because the only relief i sometimes get is by using a hot water bottle.
i did try some pain relief gel but the breast is to painful to rub it into.
i have no idea what could be causing the swelling and veins and you really do need to have some answers for this.
my breast just feels totally different to how it has ever felt before, and the pain is really hard to live with and some of the time when its bad and im laying in bed all sorts of frightening thoughts go through my head, and im sure you have probably had the same.
what worries me is that no one has ever mentioned cysts to me, i was told by one consultant they were just nodules and then the breast nurse mentuioned breast sacs or glands, i was so relieved at the time with her assurance that it was definatelt nothing worrying i didnt take much more in. i cant see that mine are cysts as no one has suggested the possibility of having anhything drained ect.
at times when the breast is swollen and heavy i have lightly touched it and there just seems like there are lots of lumpy areas that werent there before so i must admot i am to scared to check any longer.
it doesnt help when you read of so many mistakes that are made when ladies have had all that we have had , been given the all clear and had actually been mis diagnosed.
do you get the tingly feeling ever, like when breast feeding?
please keep in touch and let me know of any developments.
take care
dawn x

I know what you mean Dawn …I haven’t had a peaceful nights sleep for a while, a) because it’s too painful and b) because of all the wierd ‘what if’s’ that keep running around in my head. I’m starting to dread going to bed.

I’ve been told I don’t have breast cancer so I’ve gratefully put that out of my mind; although as you say, some of the ladies on this forum have been mis-diagnosed.
If your lumps were fluid like mine, then I hope that they’d drain them for you and give you some relief. Have you been discharged from the hospital or have you got a follow up appointment? I’m due back at the clinic in two weeks because mine is an on -going problem. These fluid cysts are going to re-occur and I have to go and have them drained every time I feel a new lump.
However I also have lumps that couldn’t be drained and the consultant did a fine needle aspiration on them.The results came back as negative, but they didn’t tell me what they were - just ‘nothing nasty’. They didn’t mention removing them, just told me that many women are prone to breast cysts - I guess they just leave them there. I was so relieved I didn’t ask any more questions, I just wanted to get out! I intend to ask when I go for my next appointment though!

No, I haven’t got any tingling in my breast, I breast fed both my daughters so I know what you mean. Both my breasts feel lumpy, but as you say, the left one feels so different.
I’ve decided to go and see my GP on Friday and I’ll let you know on this forum if she comes up with any new information.

Take care, and likewise, please keep in touch.
Elaine xx

I have had awful pain in my left breast too for the last couple of months and i did have a small pea like lump which has gone but my breast feels lumpy and feels like it doesnt belong to me does that make sense?
I am waiting for the results of a mammogram and ultrasound that i had last week.

The pain is awful and is really getting me down.
The consultant i saw at the time suggested evening primrose which i am taking Ibuprofen does not seem to help at all.

I can understand the thoughts that are going round in your head as i keeping going over and over it all and i cant wait to get my results.
My hubby seems to think it will be good news as he says they would have told me straight away if it was something bad.

Me boobs are only small but how can something so small be soooooo painful lol

Caz