any one with fibroadenomas up for a chat

any one with fibroadenomas up for a chat it would be nice to talk to some one who is going through the same thing

Hi, I was told that the lump in my breast was a fibroadenoma a couple of years ago, and told that it didn’t need to be removed. Recently both of my breasts have felt really painful and the lump in my left breast is definately much larger, I’m not sure whether to go back to the Docs?? Anyone got any info on whether fibroadenomas should be removed… Thanks

Hi Sue,

I would definately go back to your GP if you are experiencing pain and your lump has increased.

Not wanting to scaremonger but I was diagnosed with a fibroadenoma in 2004, didn’t get it removed (wasn’t offered) and noticed changes in the early part of 2008 so went back in August last year expecting to be told I was wasting their time. Unfortunately not and it turns out that I had BC on top of the fibroadenoma according to the hospital (it wasn’t mentioned on the path report of my breast so I’ve always wondered if it “changed” into BC but have always been told this isn’t possible). My fibroadenoma was classifed as C2 and not expected to change into BC but they can be as high as C4 which is classified as suspicious of malignancy.

hi sue

i would go back to your gp with my exeprince with fibroadenomas well with my they have just got bigger and i have had ended up having 27 removed and i find out if i need any more out well i would defantly go and get it checked out good luck

take care katy xx

I was told 99% the lump in my boob was a fibroadenoma.
It wasnt.
Its a grade 3 BC.

The consultant hung his head when he told me as he was positive it was a fibro…

sorry

Hi Evie,

Sorry to hear your results. If you need to talk to someone the helpline is open in the morning at 9am, BCC are here to support you.

Kind regards,
Jo, Facilitator

Ahhh, shock died down now as 2weeks on.
At least consultant had the curtesy to look shocked and he really apologised.
Dont over promise under deliver huh?

Hi ladies, 1st time on here. I’m 29 with a lump in my breast and changes in my nipple. I’m waiting for a appointment to come through and I’m scared!! any advice about the waiting game I’m facing!!
Emma

Hi. I am 17 and found a breast lump 6 months ago. It has grown very quickly so i went to an ultrasound center for women. They said i have fibroadenoma and at this point it has practically taken over my left breast. It never hurts but it sensitive and feels like a tight muscle. Due to my age they are almost positive it is not cancer. I was definitely recommended to have it surgically removed. I am extremely nervous and worried about my breast afterward. I am almost positive the breast they are in will be smaller then the right one after surgery. I should have reported this sooner so it didn’t grow so big. I am worried I will forever have dents and a deformed breast which may lead to any reconstruction to fix my body.

My daughter has just had surgery. 2 years ago she was dignosed with a fibroadenoma and was given the option of whether or not to have it reomved. She decided to live with it. It grew. She had it removed 4weeks ago and it turned out to be a benign Phyllodes tumour and had to have a WLE. If she had had it removed 2 years ago she would not have lost as much of her breast.

I feel that anyone with a fibroadenoma should have it removed as they can be confused with Phyllodes, and the difference is not always obvious until it is sliced open.

hi
i would defantenly have it removed as with my exprince with fibroadenomas they do grow with my lastest batch of fibroadenomas they wont remove anymore and they have allready increased my cup size and my breasts are very uneven i now have been told that one is an f and the other one is a g possible a gg which really frightens me because when i go back to clinc in 6 months i really dont now what im going to do as im only 22

take care
katy xx

Hey guys,

Not been on for ages and just read your posts. Sorry to hear that this is still ongoing Katy. You are a real encouragement to me having been through so many operations already. Is it a case of them waiting to see if there is even more of a change before another op or have they just ruled it out altogether?

Vblla26, my fibroadenoma was 13x14cm and I only have small breasts. Like you I was petrified about surgery as I thought that they would have to do some reconstructive surgery as well but they didn’t. My breasts look pretty much the same size as there must have been normal breast tissue underneath. When I went to see the consultant, I had a long list of questions that he patiently answered so don’t be afraid to raise any concerns you have.

Hi Evie. How are you? That must have been a huge shock and I hope that you are getting lots of love and support from people around you. Have you started any treatment?

Emma, it is a scary time and whilst sometimes it is good to talk about it, it can also be good to try not to focus o it too much. I already had a holiday booked in between appointments and still managed to have a great time. It is always going to be at the back of your mind though. Oh and when you go for apointments, it is better if someone can go with you to support you.

As a Christian I will be praying for all of you. Talking to God has helped me immensely, even though there is so much uncertainty.

Love nikki x

Hi thalia. I am fine. op was on 7th may and i feel pretty good now but have nerve pain under my arm which is causing me some hassle!
Should get some results today as there was a big meeting to decide plan of care and that should have happened about 1130!
Just want to know, then i can plan and move on!!

Bummed out about the nerve pain as nothing much i or the nurses can do!

hi nikki

thankyou thats is the biggest complament anyone has ever given me if i can give other people help and advice that makes me feel better i think benign lumps such as fibroadenomas phllods tumours etc need to be regonised as that they can have a massive impact on your life .
i dont no what going to happen there just going to keep an eye on me and i have got an appoment in november so i have just have to wait and see what happens .

hope you feel better soon

take care

katy xxx