69.2K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone else straight to secondary mets diagnosis?

8 REPLIES 8
EJ81

Re: anyone else straight to secondary mets diagnosis?

Hi Sheila, another double whammy girl here! Although its a rubbish club to be in there is a tonne of support here. I've also got liver Mets. I did have MX though as although 'something' was lurking on the scans it wasn't confirmed till just after the op. In hindsight I may have been better not having it as it delayed starting chemo but I know there are other people who wish they'd been able to have it done ssdo who can say which is best. I hope you get a clear treatment plan soon.

Ellie xxx

sod6162

Thank you so much, all of you.  I will keep up with the bone Mets thread, and take some virtual comfort xXxX 

Marie123

Hi Sheila, I'm a doible whammy girl, was quite numb and in shock for quite some time. When the numbness wore off I did feel quite alone it was then I met my cyber friends. They have helped me come to terms with dx.

Take care Marie xxx

LemonDrizzle

Hi Sheila, I had the double whammy early last March and it was a real shock knowing that there's no cure. Over time though, I've found it easier to cope with everything and I'm sure you will too. I'm also HER+ and haven't had any surgery. I have mets in lungs, liver and bones and am stable at the moment..
LD x
belinda

Hi Sheila, I can't remember the exact percentage of us diagnosed with mets at time of initial diagnosis but it's higher than most would expect. I was stage 4 at diagnosis, bone mets, had spontaneous hip fracture when I was in my early 40's. This was twelve years ago and I still have my primary, it's very small, mostly scar tissue. It was very unusual then to have any surgery if stage 4. Take Care. X
2catlady

Hi,Sheila,there are a few of us on here with a double whammy diagnose.

We tend to hang out on bone mets thread regardless of what mets we have.

We are a very friendly bunch,slightly mad,full of advice we support each other as we are all in that leaky boat together so we understand.
Huge hugs,Helen xxxx
Patricia11

Sheila i am so sorry to hear your dx but i found myself in the same situation and i agree its a very lonely and scary place to be. 

I was dx early April with early stage 2 bc that had spread to the nodes and i have a lumpectomy and full node clearance the things went downhill.  Now regraded stage 3 with 18 nodes positive. Had a clear bone scan but did not get clear margins so was due a seond op.

Now told CT scan not clear and my consultant discussing it Monday at a multi disciplinary team meeting and they wont tell me any more until after that so i am terrified.

I know it has spread but dont know the details so thinking the worst.

Stay Strong xxx

What treatment you having and why no surgery

Tricia xxx

June_BCC

Hello Sod6162

Whilst waiting for replies maybe you could call our free helpline and talk through your concerns with one of the staff who are there to support you.  The number is 0808 800 6000 and lines open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturday,.

best wishes

June, moderator

sod6162

anyone else straight to secondary mets diagnosis?

Hi, feeling a bit lonely....just started treatment, and wondered if there's anyone else in similar circumstances? HER2+, grade 3 inter ductal, liver Mets.  No surgery. 

Sheila x