360452posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone fancy joining me on a diet ?

Highlighted

Re: anyone fancy joining me on a diet ?

I will check that site out FB, i need to do something else as the weight just isnt shifting no matter what do. Its soooo fustrating. I need to loose 2 stone before i go on holida at the end of May-i cant see it happening!

Highlighted

Hi again one and all - hi Jilly

Went surfing re: menopause weight gain and found a FAB SITE if you google on menopause weight gain you'll find it - the name reminds me of salad dressing - it's got loads and loads of free stuff re: healthy eating, exercising etc. Marvellous

Have to say I was also a bit upset recently as I had my hair cut and the woman scalped me - not only was I upset to see my carefully nutured barnet all over the floor but also it reminded me of my during tratment days - it was horrible

anyway - back on track - this site made me have a long hard look and i am yet again eating too much with far too little exercise

good luck everyone
love FB xx

Highlighted

Would love to join this chat if that's okay. I have bought some scales but dare not stand on them, the weight is going up. I can tell just by a fleeting glance in the mirror. (very fleeting these days I can tell you). I thought it was the steroids and did not realise that the weight gain would continue as I continued my teatment. Last Rad on monday, and am on Arimidex. Going on hols in June and was hoping to be 8 stone haha. This thread has opened my eyes, no-one told me about all this. Going to get my excercise DVD out tomorrow.
Best wishes to you all, Jilly

Highlighted

Hello one and all and welcome to anyone new.

Well ....... after a non-turn-up of the period I have the feeling I am menapausal. I wouldn't mind if I had hot flushes as i am ALWAYS cold - the only time I have even been warm was on Taxatore! Hardly recommended.

Had a checkup with the radiologist this week and she confirmed it. so since finishing the treatment I have had: the period from hell, a normal one, a very light one and then a big build up with a lot of eating and weight gain but nothing at the end of it - except constipation.

All the plans have flown out the window and I am off the rails. Too much tea, too much food and not enough exercise and far too much work.

Clearly I need to pull myself together. I keep thinking that if i can only get the pile down then I can have more fun - not to mention rest - this approach is not working.

Sadly, the menaupause is also affecting the concentration.

On the weight front I think we are back at square one - or more accurately when I started weighing myself - so I have probably got a nett loss of a pound!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh dear ........

Actually - I can zip my jacket up - even if it looks like it's been sprayed on - and at my worst even this wasn't possible. Back in track suit trousers though.

I suppose at least now I know which game I am playing. Which always helps.

Am in the mood to refocus. Will start with the water again.

Had a huge barney with OH but the cat is being very supportive.
Hopefully back on with good news soon .....
Love FB xx

Highlighted

Hi Fiz and the rest of you lovely Ladies,

Well I joined WW about 3 weeks ago and have lost - wait for it - 2lbs, and what a struggle............. but I suppose 2lb off is better than another 2lb on. I am also trying to stop the extra large glasses of wine in the evening that kept me going through my treatment and recovery, and that is absolute hell !!!

Have you ever wondered why everything we like is bad for us ? Fish and chips, roast dinner, nice bottle of chilled chardonnay, chocolate, crips, pringles, peanuts - oh there I go again, toturing myself. Before BC food never really bothered me - now I never feel full up, I can just keep eating, how wicked is that ! I think the steroids must have stayed in my system for the past 8 months - thats my excuse anyway and i am sticking to it - take care ladies and
happy "healthy" eating - Fatty jackie

Highlighted

Lost another pound! That's a total of 2lbs now. Hardly makes a difference but at least it's moving in the right direction. Did very little exercise last week because of the weather but did go for a long walk around Juniper Hill in the snow. Everything looked beautiful and we did about 4 hours walking, some of it through shin-high snow so it was hard work.
Should try and exercise this week but cycling and jogging aren't pleasant in the rain and it feels too cold to go swimming. Have to force myself out.
Keep going everyone!

Highlighted

I didn't go to WW this week, partly because of the atrocious weather and partly because I knew I had put on a couple of pounds. The way I am going I won't have lost anything by next week either.

I am not doing so much exercise because of the snow here so that is one reason. The other is my usual tendency to comfort eat!

Anne

Highlighted

Hello everyone.Thank you for a warm welcome,so I started this dreaded diet on monday so as usual I am now hungry all the time!!!this always happens to me when the diet word is mentioned.
I have to watch my cholestrol so I will start on a low fat diet but not to drastic at first best to ease into this gently !!!!
Will update you next week how I got on.

Lol Jackie xx

p.s tried the choc sniffing thing but it accidently slipped into my mouth will try harder next time.

Highlighted

Welcome Jackie! I have not lost anything, but havent gone up either.....I feel like this is my new weight and I will have to get used to it. Thanks for contributing to the fat mountain Fizbix, on reflection it is a statitstical nightmare to try and keep it up!!!!

Bon courage everybody. Zoe x

p.s has anyone tried the chocolate sniffing thing?

Highlighted

Snap Pineapple!

I for one know how you feel. You do all the right things regards food, portions, exercise etc & nothing happens!

I've shifted a 1lb in 4 weeks. It's soul destroying on some days. But remember we're putting in place good practices that will aid our overall long term health

Keep a positive mental attitude (PMA), except a few knock backs & keep those fingers crossed. There will be daily variations but look for an overall trend

Now to practice what I preach.......Mildredx

Highlighted

Why the hell cant i loose any weight!
Since starting Tamoxifen 3 years ago and being on femara the last 6 months its just going up and up. I was 64 kilos and now 80.5 and gone from a size 11/12 to 18 in this short time.
I have been trying so hard the last month - so far
cut out all sugar (adding it myself)
all white bread
smaller portions etc etc etc
stopped all snacking
i have started swimming again, once a week
walk the dog almost every night for 40 mins
yoga
keep fit
and every week a strenuos 2 hours of belly dancing (been doing this for afew months)
all the above is what i am doing weekly BUT weighed myself this morning and put on almost a kilo. I feel like giving up but cant face staying like this or getting heavier but feel like everything i do or dont do makes no difference

Highlighted

Welcome Jackie and hello everyone

I need to get on the scales as I forgot but frankly feel very heavy

think hormones are up the creak .. but have also fallen off the water wagon and had a couple of cheats ... also have a bit fo constipation (excuse me!) so I keep thinking my period is coming and it's not! don't know whether to feel abandoned by it or not ! perhaps that's it ??

anyway - looking at all of us as a group there is defintely nett progress in the right direction so we can definitely do it!

have a good week everyone

night night (late here)
love FB xx

Highlighted

Welcome Jackie and hello everyone

I need to get on the scales as I forgot but frankly feel very heavy

think hormones are up the creak .. but have also fallen off the water wagon and had a couple of cheats ... also have a bit fo constipation (excuse me!) so I keep thinking my period is coming and it's not! don't know whether to feel abandoned by it or not ! perhaps that's it ??

anyway - looking at all of us as a group there is defintely nett progress in the right direction so we can definitely do it!

have a good week everyone

night night (late here)
love FB xx

Highlighted

Hi all after finishing my GOODIES following Xmas,I bought some scales now that measure Body Fat, Weight and BMI,
What a shock !!! I had so at 13st 8lb Bmi 29 and Body Fat of 29 Please can I join you all?If ok I will start tomorrow
Jackie xx

Highlighted

Hi all,

I've lost a pound....I think....my weighing scales give me a different readout depending on which area of my bathroom floor I place them on! I may go to Boot's and get a proper, exact readout,and compare it every two weeks or so.I think it's expensive though.
I've not been doing very well some days, due to the recent death of a close friend. ( a bit of comfort eating, I'm afraid ), but I am determined to keep trying, and to gradually increase my activity, energy levels allowing!! I still get very tired every other day. I'm 4 months post end of rads.
I'm having fresh fruit and Greek yogurt or soya yogurt for breakfast, and find it sustains me quite well for about 3 hrs.
Drinking water is definitely helpful. Especially if drunk about half an hour before I eat a meal. Seems to curb my appetite. Anyone else find that?
best wishes to everyone on here, or just looking in. I'm finding the new set-up seriously weird! Not sure yet if I like it. The ability to have a set of contacts is nice, though.

tall Ann xx

Highlighted

Hi All

How's it going? Of all the useful tips which has really helped you?

Mine is the jug of water or to be precise when I'm working at home I always get 2 drinks to bring back to my desk. This works well as I'm easily distracted & always looking for an excuse for a break.

My end of month report is 2lbs lost

Mildredx

Highlighted

Well only one brave soul dared to add her pundage to the total score!!! Never mind. Afraid I am still no less than the woman I was a week ago, but I shall keep trying and it really helps heasring from all of you. Tonight was my culture shock at the new style website. I will look for a suitable photo.

Keep trying girls, Zoe xx

Highlighted

Hi all,

I cheated this week as caught the Nora virus off my 10 year old, and I am still off my food.

Kat x

Highlighted

Hi All

I've also lost my 1st pound. It's been the hardest pound I've ever lost so it ain't going back on again!!

My GP did a load of blood tests as I've been feeling so rubbish. I'm now classified as post-menopausal at the tender age of 44. My thyroid levels are boderline & I have a low dose of thyroxine to see if that helps.

I'm so glad I have a good GP as the aftercare from St Barts in London has been rubbish & I will tell the oncologist when I see him on March 11th

Keep attacking ladies!

Mildred

Highlighted

Well, lost my first pound last week. Am ridiculusly pleased with myself. It is only a pound but at least the scales are now moving in the right direction.
Have now exercised every day for 10 days. Either cycling (no more than 2 miles at a time) swimming (20 lengths) or jogging (once around the block, and it isn't far) Have the incentive to do this as we have a ski holiday booked for April and I need to get fit. I also need to be able to fit into my ski trousers.
My diet tip.
Always have the fruit bowl full. Then when you're hungry there's something healthy to nibble on.
Have you seen the new Muller light yoghurts? Orange, vanilla or cherry flavoured with grated chocolate. Still low fat but with a taste of chocolate. Great, if you want a sweet treat with no guilt.
Keep going everyone. We can do it.
Valentine

Highlighted

I lost 2 pounds last week and one pound this week so I am pleased with that.
Good luck everyone
Anne

Highlighted

hi all

I am still counting ... there is a lot to count ... and the thought of a combined fat mountain is frightening .... I'm 12:10

what are we all doing about breakfast ? most importantly are we all having breakfast ?

I'm having a bowl of cornflakes with hot milk - I just love the smell - it reminds me of my grandma's kitchen ...

no sugar - I hate them with sugar ....

what's evryone else having ?

good luck everyone
love FB xx

Highlighted

well done all who have lost, commiserations and good luck to all who have gained...I'm sitting here really hungry, trying very hard but still nothing's shrinking. Its very early days Mildred, you will feel a lot better over the next few months, but 'back to your old self' takes a bit longer....delighted to have a new member Valentine.
Maybe we should have a total collective weight, which if there's about ten of us will be around half a ton. Then we could have a joint weight watch. I weigh 132 lb (21 lb more than I should for my height) if anybody wants to join in, add your weight in puonds to mine and log it, then the next etc., etc. We could do this on Sundays maybe? But it could be a rolling record....feels a bit more 'together'. As no-one knows how tall we are there can be no embarrassment. Personally, of course, I am 7' 6" 🙂 Zoe x

Highlighted

hi girls and possible guys, old friends and new

may I say how lovely we are all looking!

welcome valentine

lost another whole pound .... trying to eat only when quite hungry and no sugar (each their own)

must try harder re: water - too much tea

good luck everyone
love FB xx

Highlighted

Hi, to all of you. Can I join you?
I've read through all the comments and recognise so much here. I'm usually pretty fit. I used to cycle to work, and do aerobics, swim and tap dance each week. Now with 4 months of chemo I've done nothing but sit around feeling grotty and have put on a stone. I'm due to start Tamoxifen next week and am worried that that will cause weight gain.
I used to eat healthily as well but when feeling rotton on chemo I was craving high fatty foods like scotch eggs and mars bars.
I've now got back into healthy eating and am trying to exercise again. We've booked a ski holiday for April so I need to lose weight or I won't fit into my ski trousers, and I need to be fit or I won't have the stamina to ski all day. It's a great incentive. Half a stone by Easter would be great.
I'll let you know how it goes.

Valentine

Highlighted

Hi Knowles,
I hope we will all find this easier as the days get warmer and we see signs of Spring.So, don't give up. Get into it gently. We need to be kind to ourselves after all we've been through! It's rather a lazy time of year, isn't it? I've forced myself to go for a walk most days this week, even though the weather is not very nice. it does make me feel better, and i can feel my tummy muscles working as I stride along, which must be good! I keep thinking a walk will burn off about 100 calories, perhaps. Then I don't feel so bad about the two biscuits I've just eaten! Today, my tummy looks really swollen, don't know why. I probably need to do some specific exercises for it,...and my bottom....and my thighs! I have a Rosemary Conley excercise video I may pluck up courage to look at, at least. I don't think I've got the energy to dance or jump around just yet, have you? I would look like a hippo.
My physio has given me a couple of exercises to strengthen my knee and shoulder. it takes me all my time getting those done!! ( I'm being very lax with all my exercises....anyone else the same? ).
A. xx

Highlighted

Just bought some next size up trakkie bottoms.....there's nothing more to say

I will try
I will
I will
I will

🙂 8 B
tht's bigger bosoms and an enormous butt

Highlighted

Tall Ann

So sorry to hear about your best friend. I only have 2 elderly, infirm parents & it's my 3 best friends that have been my rocks during the last 5 difficult years for me. I can't imagine being without them.

Mildredx

Highlighted

Hi ladies, sorry i've not been on here this week. just been reading all the posts.

I put 2 pounds on at christmas, but have lost one pound since then. I started weighing myself every day, and found to my surprise it varied a couple of pounds from day to day. I suppose it depends on how hydrated we are?
I've not been eating as much this week, which helps, due to my best friend passing away on monday, suddenly.I have tried hard not to reach for the chocolate as comfort food. I've been having a brisk'ish walk "round the block" where I live whenever the weather is reasonable, and i think this habit will really help me to tone up my leg and tummy muscles. I also go up and down stairs as often as I can! Two of my friends here want to go for a walk every saturday,maybe about three miles or so, whch I am looking forward to. Walking is free, and sociable!
I've been doing well with my 5 fruit and veg, at least, a day. I adore satsumas and can easily eat three or four a day. I've been having a sliced banana and greek style yogurt for breakfast most days, but sometimes have an egg and toast if I know I am it's going to be a long time until I can eat something. It really sustains me. I have been eating some biscuits this week. So have decided to stop buying them! I have been enjoying actually waking up really hungry for breakfast. I take that as being a good sign!! I had a good idea this morning, when getting ready to go to church, that my OH and I could be sponsored at church to lose 2 stone this year ( each ), and raise money for our pregnancy crisis centre which our church runs! I think if I am raising money for a good cause I am more likely to suceed with this, than if I am just doing it for myself.
Does anyone else have a good cause that would sponsor them to lose the weight?
Has anyone tried this herbal tea I see advertised on facebook, which is supposed to help you lose weight? Acacia berries,is it? One that Ophra used? is it just a gimmick. Anyone seen the DVD that bcc have produced about keeping fit and eating well. Let us know if it is helpful, if you have seen it.
Best wishes to you all. Thanks again Fizbix, for starting this thread. So glad you are doing so well with it! You are an inspiration!
God bless,
Tall Ann XX

Highlighted

Mildred,

Try the fruit salad, goes through me a treat!

Kat x

Highlighted

hi again all

Kat - I laughed - when I read about the fruit salad I thought "i'd eat that frozen" and you do too!!! I've got quite big hands ....say no more ...

Anne G - fab that you've lost 2 stone - are you putting yourself under too much pressure re: India ?

Mildred - so sorry to hear you are fed up - you are doing relly well diet-wise to have lost the 2lb - especially with constipation. Constipation makes me fed up - apart from anything else - it's just so nasty ,,, just think how much you may lose when you finally "go" !

good luck everyone
love FB xxx ate chocs and can't WAIT for my period to start - if it ever does .....

Highlighted

Greetings FizBix and all.

£350 for a NHS crown! Still very sore.

For the dreaded queasy feeling I m trying to eat little and often!!
My SIL is into nutrition and she told me that our stomachs are the size of our hands and that we should only eat what we can hold in them at one sitting, which is quite a few chocs!!
Have discovered Sainsbury's Back to Basics frozen fruit salad, £1 a bag. I have usually finished it before it defrosts though!

Kat xx

Highlighted

I put on another half pound this week! I can't seem to get back into the right frame of mind and trip to India is only 5 weeks away!

Mildred - sorry to hear you are feeling like this but your body has had to cope with a lot and you have finished treatment quite recently. I am about a year further on than you and probably fitter than I have been in a long time, having lost nearly 2 stone and doing lots of exercise. I do still get tired though and the Arimidex doesn't help. Neither did the Herceptin which I finished in November. I have tried to rest when tired as I feel that I need to listen to my body. I hope it will get better for you as it has for me.

Good luck everyone.

Highlighted

Hi All

Have finally shifted the 2lbs I gained at Xmas. It's taken 3 weeks with a strict, healthy diet. By strict I mean no picking at biscuits & chocolate & only 2 glasses of wine at weekend. Plus I've been swimming 3 times.

I know we've all been through hell & I should be proud of what I've achieved but I still feel rubbish. Tired, lethargic, constipated, cry at the slightest provocation & dry sore skin all over. It's coming upto 3 months post treatment & 3 months on tamoxifen. Was I being too optimistic to expect glimmers of recovery by now? I've made an appointment with my GP for Monday to see what he can suggest.

My 3 month follow up with the oncologist isn't until Mar 11th & I can't go on like this. Now the treatment is over it feels like they think they've done their bit whereas from reading other threads it seems this is the most difficult period. Have any of you been offered other services to help?

Lovelypen, I'll think you'll find that most large chemists like Boots offer a cholestrol testing service.

Yours very fed up Mildredx

Highlighted

Had wine and lots of cake yesterday. I think I'm putting on weight - oh dear! I couldn't eat much for the whole of treatment, hence weight loss, but since then I've put it all back on. My sister has high cholesterol and am worried I might have it too. Can you get a test from the chemist for it? Good luck everyone

Highlighted

hi all

how is it going?

no loss this week - think period is due but not sure after last month's pathetic performance!

good luck
love FB xx

Highlighted

Just spent about ten minutes catching up on all your comments....I have not returned out of shame, I lost 2lb before Christmas and then put 4 back on!! but I see I am not alone, and I still intend to lose itslowly between now and Easter. It ha been really hard at work because relatives bring u s LOADS of choccies and bikkies to say thankyou. I mpossible to ignore.....have also had Arimidex blues
🙂 8 ) ) that is supposed to be a big wobbly bosom and bottom, but somehow its not quite lifelike.....zoe x

Highlighted

Hi all,

Well at least I'm no heavier and that's a miracle after the rubbish I've been eating - tomorrow sees the start of my new plan, ha,ha.

I WILL drink more water and carry a bottle round with me.

Liked the idea of half portions for brekkie, then the other half a bit later.

I didn't buy any cakes or biscuits this week so that was a step in the right direction.

Thought about having a small bowl of cereal (no sugar!) when I'm hungry rather than a few biscuits - Special K on offer at Morrisons at mo and they have some varieties with berries I like so I'll get a tiny contribution to fruit & veg per day !

I am on Zometa and I think that's giving me a lot of heartburn and acid reflux. Worse in bed but assume that's due to lying down. Trying to see what foods make it work and have come to conclusion that fats and sugars aren't helping so that's good for cutting out the cakes and biscuits !! Nasty side effect that may be a blessing !!!

Plan to get a bit of exercise each day but weather here by the sea has been wild today so that's not been viable - perhaps tomorrow will be better.

For those on Arimidex, I don't think that's put much weight on me but it was the tamoxifen I had for 7 months beforehand that did for me - 2.5 stones in 5 months. Unless the arimidex would have had the same effect if I hadn't had the tamoxifen first. I now weigh 11 stone and am only 5 foot 2 tall and it seems worse as I never put weight on and was always a size 8-10.

Tomorrow's the start of the new regime.....

Liz x

Highlighted

Welcome lovelypen. Lucky you losing 30lb on chemo! Did you suffer with side effects? I was relatively lucky. I was just laid low for 3 to 4 days each cycle & then slowly returned to 'normal' just before the next cycle

Thank you for your comments FizBix. I'm actually feeling pround & knackered. I have been to the gym this morning for the first time in a year & managed to swim 30 lenghts. If I don't seize up the planning is to go again on Tuesday.

Mildred

Highlighted

Can I join too, please?
I lost 30lb during chemo, etc, but but it's slowly creeping back on. Doesn't help that I work in an office where the "biscuit fairy" is a regular visitor - we always have a pile of chocs and biccies and my willpower is pants! Am trying to exercise - swimming, yoga, walking, etc, but it's so cold at the moment I'm tempted to stay under the duvet with my laptop! Do other people think Tamoxifen makes you put on weight? I suspect it might... also being catapulted into the menopause doesn't help. Has anyone tried India Knight's diet - I think it's a modified version of Atkins.

Good luck to everyone. I want to lose half a stone by Easter.

Highlighted

Hi Mildred and everyone else - thanks for the tip Sam

Mildred - think about 3 things ....

1. you have not put on any more weight
2. you may lose weight next week - you probably overdid it over christmas
3. i'm sure I will only belosing at a rate of 2lb a month net in the long run if I'm lucky - half a pound a week is not going to show up

KEEP EATING BETTER
TRY AND KEP ACTIVE - e.g. pop upstairs once an hour for no reason - just keep your body busy
STICK WITH IT
DON'T WEIGH YOURSELF FOR A FORTNIGHT AND THINK THIN

we've been through a lot so don;t expect too much
how do you feel now?
love FB xx

Highlighted

Hi all

I thought you might be interested in the BCC 'Eating well -being active' DVD. If you go to the following link you can see what information it has and how to obtain a copy. https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk//content.php?page_id=7650

I hope you find it helpful.

Kind regards

Sam
BCC Facilitator

Highlighted

Dear All

After a week of eating sensibly, watching portions & no alcohol, I jumped on the scales in eager anticipation of a couple of pounds weight loss only to find I weighed exactly the same. A few tears of frustration were shed. I've managed not to reach for the chocolate but have had a couple of glasses of wine so a night of hot flushes to come.

How do people stay motivated when all their good work leads to nothing?

On a positive note all vitamins & supplements are 3 for 2 in Boots so I have stocked on Starflower Oil.

I like your thought FizBix on staying the same weight but learning to eat differently. I shall keep this in mind over the coming weeks. Still planning on going for that swim tomorrow assuming I can still fit in the swimming costume.

I can recommend The Reader if anyone is looking for something to see at the cinema.

Mildredx

Highlighted

another thing - try cutting down a little - so if you are eating a biscuit then try a half or 3/4 ....

also, are you scared of feeling sick so just panicking and eating more anyway - just in case .... if you have an emergency supply in your handbag then you willbe able to think "ok - no need to panic - if it comes on then i can deal with it ..."

??????????????????????

Highlighted

Kat

i have some ideas for you ... might be worth consideration - I'm sure that others will have more ....

from what you have said you are now eating differently as your body is demanding you eat more often to avoid feeling sick

I suppose it's like chemo was for me - the issue being that chemo is generally a short term problem that can be sorted out afterwards whereas you are in a longer term situation ......?

ideas to kick around :
- eat MUCH smaller but more frequently - if you body wants it more often then let it have it more often - I thought of the following :
* for breakfast have half of what you normally have and then have it again 2 hours later e.g .half a bowl of cereal, half a pice of toast - it won't matter that you are eating less as the next meal will be round the corner. Of if you are working have half a pice of toas in the morning and then half a piece as soon as you come in the door while your cooking
* if you are eating more often you need to think differently - you are not eating 3 meals aday to satisfy your hunger and make you last to the next - you are always just tajking the edge off your appetite untile it comes back again
* make sure you are still eating healthily
* ideas - dependson what food you like : half a sandwich in your handbag - eat a quarter at a time, small bag of nuts, seeds and sultanas,pate on biscuits, if you are at home then you could slice up a banana and suck on it when necessary, you need to think of what you like the most - there's always veggie soup (yuk- I wouldn;t) or fruit salad
* if you are ooking for a family then you could still join in but have a mini portion as one of your very small meals

I think you need to be realistic about weightloss:
* first goal - to stay the same and learn to eat diffrently
* then think about how to modify it to lose weight without feeling ill

You will have to be careful about this approach as you will have to learn to eat less when joining in with others otherwise you will end up eating a ton of food with snacks too ....

What do you think?
Worth a try?
Let us all know the types of food you love eating, enjoy eating and want to avoid eating and we can all come up with some ideas for you ....

Looking forward to hearing from you
Love FB xx

Highlighted

welcome Kat

perhpas we could all come up with "easy ways to break your tooth ?" what do you think - excuse my sense of humour

have you tired any of the morning sickness remedies - there's a tea - raspberry ?? perhaps other people might have ideas or experience as to how to cope with this ? anyone ????????????????

what are you eating to help the feeling ? how much are you eating at a time ? give us all more info so we can help ....

good luck - sounds awful
love FB xx

Highlighted

Hi Mildred

i know this will sound bonkers but nothing has ever made be go to the loo much - not veggies, fruit, all of the other things ...

but one thing I discovered on a chemo craving was that if I wait until I am very hungry and then eat a family sized pack of flavoured crisps e.g. smokey bacon and then wait until I am thirsty and drink loads of water then the next day I can pooh for england ......

I realise that there is a diet conflict here but there is nothing like a good clear out ... might be worth a try!

also walking can help - the rocking helps it all get round your insides

love FB xx

Highlighted

Hi Everyone

Thanks for your congratulations. I think we've found a venue for new years eve 09 so 50 weeks to get trimmer. A friend prompted me today that OH loves me as I am. The problem is I don't love myself 3 stone heavier than normal! I hate the love handles I've developed & feeling so sluggish & cumbersome. A moment of feeling sorry for myself.

Week hasn't gone too badly especially as I had 2 long days working in the midlands with buffet lunches. I avoided the cake & biscuits & stuck to the sandwiches & fruit. I've now gone 6 days without alcohol & am looking forward to by wine tomorrow evening. Weigh in on the bathroom scales in the morning. Hopefully I'll have done better than OH who has been munching his way through a gingerbread house he got for christmas. There was a squeal of delight when he discovered a bag of marshmallows inside. I did allow myself a couple.

No improvement on bowels despite all the fruit. I now have some dried prunes to nibble on too. When I can get into a routine with work I'll start back on the All Bran. Has anyone else suffered terribly with constipation with all the treatment? Is it a side effect of tamoxifen? I open to suggestions to try & find something that works for me.

The next big step is to get myself to the gym for a swim. Maybe on Sunday when the OH is bashing tiles off the kitchen wall.

LOL Mildredx

Highlighted

HI Ladies,

Mind if I join in?
I have just started my fourth packet of Tamoxifen and it is starting to make me feel queasy, that sort of "morning sickness" let me eat everything in sight feeling!! and the weight is rushing on
I shall probably do well this weekend as I have just broken my tooth on a piece of dry wholemeal with Marmite.

Kat xx

Congratulations Mildred & OH

Highlighted

hi everyone and welcome slimpet

sorry - not an armidex expert - anyone else ?

I have lost 3 pounds!!! Whoppee!! Am very excited

Have managed to do up (just) another button on my trousers and can sit down in them too

They look about 2 inches too short as they are far too high up my hips - but what the heck ... at least they are ON.

I have about 10 pairs of proper trousers of various sizes collected over the years and can only ever wear about 3 at a time. The rest are too big or too small. Currently I can only wear this pair. One of the small pairs has never actually had an outing yet ... here's hoping

Been good re: cutting out sugar and eating smaller healthy meals and been madly busy - water consumption a disaster in the last 2 days so have to get on the bottle again!

How is everyone else doing ?
love FB xx

good luck!

I would guess that whenI'm at my half sone target i will be able to wear my jeans "some how" ... i.e. long jumper over opening .... we'll see ..... it willbe nice when i can zip my jacket up as it's very cold and I look like a fat bear in my huge overcoat