Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone fancy joining me on a diet ?

171 REPLIES 171
Highlighted

Re: anyone fancy joining me on a diet ?

At last, another pound off!!
That's a total of 4 pounds since Easter, and 11 pounds since Christmas. It's so slow but at least it's going. I'm now sitting here eating birthday cake as it's hubby's birthday. But surely that's allowed. Does mean I probably won't lose this week. But jeans are feeling better which gives me the incentive to continue.

Highlighted

Hello again everyone!

Since the new year I've lost half stone with 3 stone still to go but struggling to build on progress already made.

Had a day out with friends last week & when I saw the photos of me I burst into tears. I am so fat & bloated. OH was rubbish giving me no reassurance about loving me

I'm on thyroxine now. My GP has been brilliant with all my symptoms of tiredness, constipation etc. Blood tests showed I have an auto-immune disease of thyroid. I'll see what oncologist says next week. Don't know if caused by cancer treatment or it would have happened anyway.

I feel all I can do is eat healthily, exercise as much as my body will allow & keep my fingers crossed that I'll be back to a size 12 for my wedding in May 2010.

Mildred x

Highlighted

Hi all

Haven't been on for ages

Starting again .... again ....

Have been "inspired" by someone and bought a new mirror and got a shock when I saw what I looked like "unposed" ....

Hopng to report success soon

love FB xx

Highlighted

CAN I REALLY LOSE THIS WEIGHT???!!!

ITS A STONE IN 6 MONTHS.

CAN JUST ABOUT COPE WITH ONE BREAST BUT BEING SO MUCH BIGGER AS WELL IS HARD.

Self esteem at an all time low.

HELP!

HEIDI X

Highlighted

It's quiet on here recently. Please don't say you've all given up.
So far I've managed to lose half a stone but progress seems to be slowing down. In the last 6 weeks I've lost about 2 lbs, and this keeps fluctating up and down so I'm constantly losing and gaining the same pound. Frustrating, but I'm determined to stick at it.

Highlighted

i,ve been on diet now for a good few weeks, put on about 1 and half stone since taking tax, lost a stone,i can now fit into my size 12 clothes, i,ve got more sizes in my wardrobe than dorothy perkins lol honestly i,ve got size 8, 10, 12, 14
Lornaxxx

Highlighted

Yes, the cat is on a diet too, he is soooo not happy with it and really annoyed when I try and make him exercise by chasing a piece of string.

Kat x

Highlighted

Hi FizBix and Ladies,

It has been a long slog but first stone shifted!! Thank heavens for my fat and thin wardrobe!!

Kat xx

Highlighted

Jumped on the scales this morning and have lost 2 lbs in the last 4 weeks. That's a total of 7 lbs this year. Nothing dramatic but at least it's coming off.
Pineapple - I love the idea of belly dancing! It must be so good for burning off the calories and toning the waist.
Have just eaten grilled fish (river cobbler) with new potatoes, broccoli and leeks covered in a low fat orange and dill sauce. Delicious and very healthy.
Happy, healthy eating to everyone

Highlighted

Hi Ladies

Can I join you please? I was diagnosed in June 2006, lumpectomy, chemo and rads and now on Tamoxifen. I have put on 4 stone since diagnosis and I am trying to lose the weight but without success. I weighed myself Monday so I have a starting weight, what is the process, do I just let you know how much I lose (hopefully!!!). I am following Slimming World, is anyone else?

Hope you are all well.

Thanks

Claire

Highlighted

Just dont give up. For a good few months i was trying to eat more healthier and was belly dancing every week but i was just going up and up and thought i was fighting a loosing battle. I put 3 stones on in what must have been a year and half. When i look at photos i look so bloated and terrible especially with this fat face and bald head! my head looked like a pea on a drum.
So i changed what i was doing so that i turned the pc off during the day and became as active as poss all day. Dancing about to music while doing the ironing, parking car along way from where i was going - generaly making everything as hard as poss. Then after a couple of weeks it all started happening! i jump on my exercise bike 3 times a day- just for 5 mins each time and dont sit down unless its to eat. This seemed to do the trick and now i am back to swimming 3 or 4 times a week and it seems to be dropping off.
The magazine from holland and barrett is very interesting and informative.

Highlighted

Hi pineapple
I,ve been on a diet since my consultant pinched my stomach and said you,ve put on loads of weight, I think he thought he was telling me something I didn,t no lol
Anyway bought a treadmill do that 5 times a week and the hardest part is I,ve stopped eatin chocolate which i used to eat 3 bars a night before i was on tax and went through menopause, read zest mag this month, had an artical about running which i tried, walk 3 mins run 1 min, was gaspin for breath after doing it twice gave up next day, some times i feel like a bl**dy hampster on a wheel lol
good luck to you
Lornaxxx

Highlighted

I cant believe it yet again. Jumped on the scales this morning when i got out of bed. Now down to 74.2 kilos. I bought this L'oreal thing last week for cellulite, its a green plastic tube with plastic teeth at one end and at the other this gel comes out. I have been using it twice a day and see a result already. Still along way to go but its 4 weeks before my hols, so want to look hot (or cool?) in my bikini 🙂
I went for a swim on Sun, Mon and today and been walking round the lake and on my excercise bike. Its really hard work but is there any other way.
Valentine - its easy to get bored with the diet food isnt it. I often have a jacket pot for lunch. Every week i buy a least 2 sweet pots as i love these and they are really good for you. Yesterday i had a small pot then made - onions & garlic, chickpeas, half tin toms, table spoon balsamic vinegar, chilli powder,half a stock sachet, drop of worsester sauce and small packet of cooked prawns -it was yummy and i was completly full (my daughter had half of it). But today for lunch i had homemade chicken and veg soup then a actimel coconut yogurt with sliced banana. I am full to busting and just sitting here now with my green tea. Arent i a good girl. I will go for my swim at 5.

Highlighted

Haven't exercised for the last 2 weeks due to a cold so consequently havn't lost any weight. Time to get moving again.
I bought some smart linen trousers on Sat which look great but I can only just squeeze into. Hopefully this will give me the motivation to keep going.
Does anyone have any tasty recipies they can recommend? I usually cook chicken stir-fries, rice with vegetable chilli or jacket potatoes with cottage cheese. Salads and fish are also a staple. It would be good to try something different.

Highlighted

Hi there,

its ok to count calories but you need to know what kind of calories you are eating ie if the calories you are eating are all coming from fat and sugar then they are very unhealthy calories and you will not lose any weight - a calorie of fat is very different from a calorie of protein for instance!

Clarabelle

Highlighted

Hi Pineapple
I am pretty sure I eat a fair bit more than that - will check it out though - thanks for the tip.

Jan 🙂

Highlighted

oldtimer - make sure you are eating at LEAST 1,200 cal or you will find it alot harder.

Highlighted

Hi all
Pineapple you are doing so well!
Wizzbaby - you doing well and I will be happy if I can lose a few pounds and feel fitter by 6 weeks time - my youngest sons wedding.
I have bought a dress which is fine and will look even better / or I will feel even better with a few pounds off!

It seems so hard going and there's chocolate in the house still!!!!
doh - will have to give it away.

I dont feel I have that much to eat and I am not losing a thing! not putting it on either. Will do more Wii exercise - thats what will help me...

Keep us all motivated FizBix

will drop in again

Highlighted

14.2 at Christmas 12.6 today - on the Patrick Holford diet and loving it! typical day: porridge with fruit for breakfast, apple at 11, pitta with humous and salad for lunch, another apple at 3 then dinner at 7 - dinner is half the plate of non starchy veg, quarter of protein and final quarter carbohydrate (potato, rice, pasta} so loads to eat in a day but it works!! Keep it up everyone 🙂
Clarabelle xx

Highlighted

Well done Pineapple, you are an inspiration.
Between Christmas and Easter I managed to lose 5 lbs, so nearly at target of half a stone.
Last week I was skiing in France and so pleased that I managed to fit into my ski pants. I definatly couldn't fassten them when it snowed in February.
Despite spending the week skiing I have put on a pound. But you can't go to France and not sample the pate, cheese, wine, chocolate, etc. But it was a holiday!! Now back on the healthy eating again.
Hoping to lose half a stone.
Keep going everyone.
Valentine

Highlighted

Can you believe this -i have just jumped on scales before getting dresses and having my cuppa
75 kilos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so happy - just 10 more to go, here are some of my tips.
Keeping as active as poss, i walk as much and swing my arms, hop onto my exercise bike 3 times a day but just for 10 mins at a time.
Trying not to sit at the pc much.
Sticking to about 1,200 calories a day - high protien to keep hunger pangs away.
When i have my dinner at night, i separate my food into 2 halves. After i have eaten one half i stop and read a magazine for just 3 or 4 mins then start to eat the other half - usually end up leaving abit also using smaller plates. Park the car furthest away from shops etc and generally make everything as hard as possible.
Just want these weird head aches to go and i will be a very happy bunny, i def have blocked sinuses so i hope its that.

Highlighted

OK I own up I want to lose half a stone and am struggling just to stay at my current weight let alone lose some.

I guess putting a time limit on it helps so seven weeks time? plus one for Easter (always hard) I make that 30th May.

Keep me motivated everyone.

Well done so far everyone, I should have joined sooner.

Highlighted

Hi All

Life has been a bit turbulent recently but lots of anxiety has caused me to lose a few pounds. I have reached the half stone target set for Easter so I'm delighted.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Mildred

Highlighted

well done all - ESPECIALLY PINEAPPLE!!!

lots of love
FB xx

Highlighted

Woooohooooo i am now 76.3 kilos down from almost touching 81
My trousers are now falling down and i have to wear a belt.Got 10 more to loose.

Highlighted

Well done all! I have lost 4lb since we all started, wish it was more but better than gaining 4lb.....the drinking loads of water does help. Actually I drink hot water, seems more satisfying.
Blimey!!!!

Highlighted

Hi all

Just a quickie to say I am now 12:9 (never thought I'd be happy to say that!) and am in the mood to try and lose the other 2 before Easter to reach the mini target ..... then it will be down to 12:00 by August bank holiday .... then I'll be in the "elevens ....!!!"

Good luck one and all
love FB xx

PS Thanks for all the support - especially AnnaG's note on the book - didn't read it but it kept me going and thinking ... just a bit more exercise and a bit less food and not too much carb ....

Highlighted

Hi everyone

I live in Cardiff and this is the first time to look at site and view all your views. I had bi-lateral mastectomy in January 2007 followed by the dreaded chemo. Lost all my hair, eyelashes etc even though tried cold cap. So very ill kept in hospital for most of the time but have come through it well now. I have managed to loose some of the weight but battling that last stone. I can sew so have been trying to access some organisation that produces dressmaking patterns for tops, dresses and nightwear etc without any success. Can anyone help as although there are good organisations for purchasing bras, swimsuits and the occasional cami it seems silly that there are no outlets for more clothing. I would appreciate any help in my search and look forward to speaking to you all again.

Highlighted

Hi all and FizBix
You are all being so positive! 🙂
I haven't been around much - went to Morocco and with a sore throat - sure enough the throat got infected, was taking ibprofen and paracetemol until got back - was given antibiotics - pencillin - yuck!! finished them now and feel more normal.

A long way round to say sadly that I haven't lost a lb - even though I didn't eat that much cos throat hurt so much!!! 😞
This week have gone back on the Wii - and yes Pineapply the hoola hoop certainly gets the waist moving, so hopefully can lose some lbs over next few weeks.

I didn't put weight on either - which is always good. Really difficult to shift these 10+ lb!

So here's to a few lbs to lose before Easter - 4 weeks time...mmm
At work last week I did feel really pmt ish - put it down to ab's and getting over infection as nothing happened - would really have liked a hot water bottle on my tummy! lol

Had a check up this week and all is good, the oncologist I saw prefers the patient 'me' to say when not feeling right rather than having scans and tests etc...
I think I am happy with that as I do recognise and 'hear' my body - this is cos I have secondaries on my spine...
Anyone else had that scenario? got any comments?

Great to read this thread
will log in next week...
Jan

Highlighted

Hi FB,

Good to hear your loosing the weight but i just thought i'd drop u a line to say hi and how are ya doing. Hope your keeping well.

I#m back at work on a phased rtn but have had a niggling back ache for the past few days and don't know if its something to worry about or if its because i'm sitting in an office chair again.

I'm 8 st 4 and love my size now. got a lovely perky bum - which i've never had b4

i don't post as often now as i feel i am trying to move on and there are many new comers who are supporting each other.

u take care and spk to u soon.

lots of love and huggs to u

sukes

Highlighted

Hi ladies

Am proud to announce I am now 12:10 i.e. a nett loss of 4 lb since christmas ...... will have to up the anti if i am gong to do 7 by easter!!! .... nearly put eater ... fruedian or what ???????

good luck all
love FB xx

am so hoping I don't have another "period-ish experience" in the next 3 weeks ....

Highlighted

Another week gone and thankfully have lost the pound I put on last week. I think that totals 3 lb in 5 weeks. Slow progress but at least it's moving. Only 4 weeks till my ski holiday so keeping up the exercise.
It's back to work on Monday, bit nervous about that, but at least it will keep me out of the kitchen.
Valentine

Highlighted

Hi: Not posted on here before but have just been reading thru. I've done the op, chemo and rads, all with no trouble or side effects (apart from hair loss) at all. Have just started arimidex - week 6 of 260!! Am looking forward to the side effect on Arimidex called Anorexia! Oh, yes purlease, just for a few weeks. I also put on a stone last year - having lost 10lbs with stress after DX, the 10lbs came back and brought another 14 of their friends with them!

However, I always do a low carb diet and so far have lost 4lbs in about 2ish weeks. There is a website called Fitday where you can open an account free and check what you eat and it gives calories, carbs or whatever you want. Helps you get an idea of values of things where you don't have labels to help.

Good luck to all and keep the scales handy!

LOL

Julia

Highlighted

well done one and all

had problems finding this post - I really find this site sooooo difficult to use - i used to love the other one

in my opinion this may be easy to use if your brain works well - mine seems to be getting worse and I find looking for ANYTHING impossible - even in real life - I ahve to get OH to find everyhting ... it's weird

I will try and weigh myself tomorrow and get back on track

might try the book ....

good luck
love FB XX

Highlighted

Cant believe it, i have lost some more weight.
I am now 77.2 kilos and my starting point was 80.7.
Having good fun on the Wii fit too - that hulla hooping must be doing something.

Highlighted

Well done Anna on your weight loss. It gives me some motivation.
Despite my best efforts I put on a pound last week. I think it all goes back to the time with my parents when we went out to Pizza Hut, Burger King and the Carvery all in a few days.
Back home and now eating sensibly and exercising again. I go back to work next week so hopefully that will help. I cycle to the station every day, also I am well away from my kitchen with all that tempting food.
Keep going everyone, it will be worth it in the end.

Highlighted

Hi all,
Sorry I've not been posting on here regularly, my OH hogs the computer for his family history research much of the time!

I am pleased to report that I have lost 5 pounds, and I'm feeling so good about it.My energy levels are on the up, too! Skin looks better!

I am using a calorie-counting diet,with a portion of carbohydrate at every meal and fruit for snacks inbetween, and this seems to work great for me. No hunger pangs. My blood sugar levels are more even because I've cut out foods with added sugar to a minimum.At 13 stone I can have 1,600 calories a day, reducing down to 1,500 when I get to 12 stone. After that I'll not reduce the calories, just exercise more and that way I don't miss out on nutrients.This is all from a book called "the get back into your jeans diet" by Monica Grenfell, who has written a few books and exercise videos.if you eat too few calories, your body thinks you may be starving and goes into a slower metabolic rate, so you have to pitch it just right.This is for a sustained weight loss, not an quick short-lived loss.

Doing some gentle exercises at home, when I remember, but mostly trying to have an half-hour walk everyday.That uses up about 150 cals.
Hoping to get a sponsorship form started next weekend to raise money for our Pregnancy Crisis Centre, which will keep me motivated for the rest of the year. I am loving my big plates of salad,with cheese,and four pieces of fruit every day. Not missing sweet puddings or cakes at all. I have a low calorie hot chocolate drink each afternoon, to fulfill my chocolate craving, only 50 calories!
Keep up the good work everyone.
God bless, Ann xx

Highlighted

well done all of you - afraid I have only lost 4 lb since we started but thats better than going up....I get plenty of excercise but he trouble is I get SO HUNGRY 🙂

Highlighted

went for a walk on the beach today - the first of many hopefully!

the exercise has begun!

love FB xx

PS thanks pineapple!

Highlighted

Hi all

Apologies haven't been on - too busy having a period! Yes - just when I decided I would never have one again it happened .....

FAB to hear from you lil - I look more like a pumpkin or skewered apple! oh dear ..... How are you feeling these days ?

once the p is over I am going to do some exercise - not up to it until then ... feeling a bit yuk

am delighted to report I am craving SALAD !!!!! a miracle has occured ... including ONIONS ..... no-one will want to be anywhere near me!

I did relent and bought some new mega clothes so getting dressed is a far happier experience ....

Keep it up everyone!

Speak soon
love FB xx

Highlighted

Didn't post last week as I was visiting my parents. So in the last 2 week period I have lost 1 lb. Not bad considering we went to a Carvery one day to celebrate my mum's birthday, Pizza Hut another day with my mum-in-law.
I did try to stay off all sweets, biscuits and puddings but had to have a slice of birthday cake with my mum!
I was also good in that I packed my running gear and went out running twice in the week.
The total is now 3 lbs in 4 weeks. Slow but progressing. I keep trying my ski pants on to see if I will fit in them in time for our holiday. Fortunatly it's 6 weeks before we go so plenty of time yet.
Keep up the good work everyone.

Valentine

Highlighted

We are just too short for our bodies lol

Highlighted

HI FB
how are things? Can I have the quick solution to getting thin please, without the tough bit in between!!Now wering a ridiculous size trousers and worried I could end up wider than I am high.LOL.
Never thought of myself as turning into a rectangle, I used to worry enough about being square shaped!!
Hope normality is looming if not already with you
Love
Lily x

Highlighted

WELL DONE PINEAPPLE !!!!!! YOU HAVE INSPIRED ME !!!!!!!! THAT'S NEARLY A QUARTER OF A STONE!

I laughed Mildred

Like others whilst not having a period I seem to go hyper and bloated - look on the bright side - it's cheaper without the tampons!

Speak soon

Hopefully a more mobile FB xx

Highlighted

Hi All

Just had a brilliant birthday trip in Tromso, Norway & despite high food prices managed to put on 3lb. Although I'm hopeful that most of that is due to constipation.

There was proper snow, stunning scenerary & frozen lakes. We just about saw the Northern Lights so can tick the box.

The only downside was I slipped on ice about 6 hours after arriving & spent Valentines night at the local hospital ending up with my wrist in plaster due to a fractured radius bone. So more needles & radiation!

I'm going to have to figure out how I'm going to manage my gardening. There are raspberry canes & potatoes ready for planting. On a positive note OH is having to do the housework at the mo which is great.

Mildredx

Highlighted

thats brill pineapple.

Haven't weighed myself - may do tomorrow morning - that a good time to have a weigh in 🙂

Pineapple - hope I haven't offended you by my comment, I was being a bit casual about it, sorry.

Although I don't have a period nor have done for a year now I still have a bloated feeling every so often...
Wonder if I am still fertile although I dont need to worry about that - just about knowing my own body...

oh Morroco (on Monday :)) we stay a bit north of Agadir and will enjoy the beach, Marakech, the mountains, gorge, waterfalls perhaps... anywhere else a must?

speak soon
Jan

Highlighted

Cant believe it ! i have lost 1 1/2 kilos- at long last.Just another 13 to go.

Highlighted

Fab pineapple

I have decided to just write down everything I eat and everything I do

I am embarrassed - I really didn't realise how much was going in my mouth!!

And the balance isn't correct - rollon next week's weigh in!

good luck one and all
love FB xx

Highlighted

Thanks Jan, but my head has looked like that for the last year and its 3 years since i finished chemo.
So jelous of you going to Morocco - where abouts? we love going to Agadir, the beach is great and the sea's great not to mention the food.

That site, i have been studying it, its very good - loads of info, help etc etc i have put it in my favourites! we shall see. Sometimes things are very obvious but you dont see them. My worst time for getting the munchies is around 15.00, so this site says when its getting to your 'time' make sure you are doing something busy like being out for a walk etc. Now why didnt i think of that. So at 2pm me and my daughter went out hiking around this river, steep banks etc for over 2 hours, i was knackered, then went straight round to see to freinds dog. When we finally got home it was time to prepare tonights evening meal - easy, no afternoon snacking anymore.

Highlighted

Hi
haven't been here for a while...
like some of you I have been trying hard to lose some weight and its so hard! I dont like the extra tyre around my middle 😞
Some friends say that I look like I have lost some weight = lost weight around my jowls ...lol
but I try not to go on the scales very often cos they may tell me that I am the same weight as before Christmas.
I have tried not to eat the biscs, chocolates and cake at work but this last week or so have given in. Am cycling and today cleared out a bedroom taking stuff up to the loft so lots of exercise there!

I will look at that site FB thanks for the tip!

Pineapple - if that is you then I looked like that last year...my hair has grown back thicker and have kept it short.

On top of all this my bp and cholestrol are a little high and now am on those stantin tablets...I am on 2 types of tabs for bp already - doh
but all this watching of the diet should help the weight as well - or you would have thought!

The hot flushes can be bad and overnight sometimes i get sweaty (ugh!) but mostly wake up and just get hot ...
am going to Morocco a week Monday for a week - some warm sun will be nice and to see the sea again - bliss...
wont weigh myself just before or just after hols tho!!!

It funny cos my clothes are fitting a bit better its my middle!

3 years ago I had reconstruction and then nipple recon, then they started creating the areola by tattooing - then I got the 2nd lot of bc. The other week I had the tattooing finished off - makes me look and feel so much better - my boobs look more even now 🙂 It has meant no swimming but aim to continue that soon.

Thanks for being there... keep on going...
Jan