anyone from between Chichester and Worthing?

I am almost 35 and looking for anyone who is around my age and going through treatment or had treatment around my age and has got through the other side for local support. Sometimes it feels like I am the only one under 45 in my area going through this. I am keen to know of peoples experiences. Have you gone on to have children after? How long has it taken for hair to grow back and has it ever got as long? Mine is waist length. These are my two greatest concerns at the moment. I had first zoladex to try and preserve fertility on Thursday and awaiting first appointment with medical day case unit to get chemo start date and picc line date.

I have 2 boys, 10 and 7, a very supportive fiancé and work as a ta in a year 2 class.

Hi Red_Robin, 

I am sorry to hear you are going through this difficult time and finding someone who has been through a similar experience to yourself can be hard. I am sure some of our users will be along soon to offer their support.

If you would like to talk to someone who knows what being there feels like, we do have a Someone Like Me volunteer called Kayla that you might like to contact. Kayla was also diagnosed as a younger woman and has experienced hair loss as a result of chemotherapy. She is now some time past her diagnosis and she has since started a family. She is likely to understand a bit about how you are feeling right now and I know that she would be happy to discuss things with you.

You can find out more about Kayla and send her an email using this link

breastcancercare.org.uk/information-support/support-you/someone-talk/someone-me/our-volunteers/kayla 

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

Digital Community Assistant