Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone from south wales

14 REPLIES 14
juliet66

Re: anyone from south wales

Anne,

Thanks for text. Glad move is only postponed.
Julie

AnneTh

Hello everyone
Have postponed move back as had to start chemo regime but thanks to you all for making me realise things are pretty good back home.
Love to you all
Anne xx

angela08

Hi i live in Pembrey i had my op March 08 in Prince Philip Llanelli.all the staff were wonderfull.

josyemarie

Hi all.
I'm between Llanelli and Carmarthen. Had my op in Llanelli and chemo and rads in Singleton which I found to be a great hospital.I can't fault the treatment I had there.
Josie x

Jo51PPP

AnneTH - I'm in SW, just between Swansea & Llanelli. I was dx June 07 followed by partial mastectomy, 8 chemos and 15 rads. All my treatment was at Singleton Hospital in Swansea and I have to say everyone I had (and am still having)dealings with have been fantastic. The breast care nurses are available to you all the time - just give them a call or pop in, the consultants have been great and treat you like a human being, plus, with tests like mammograms etc you don't have to wait days for the results, you get them straight after. (I actually missed my trips to the chemo unit when they finished!!)
Having read some of the threads regarding treatment I feel lucky to have been in South Wales. I also have friends who have been treated at Prince Philips in Llanelli and they also speak highly of the care they have had. Don't worry about moving back.

Jo

AnneTh

Hi fio,
Am off on hols for a week. will get in touchwhen I get back. I'm originally from Llanfallteg so we must get in touch. Take care and speak soon
Anne

fio

Thanks Anne, I will certainly get into the site - had a case of the wobbles today - but that's to be expected - it was just me and my bus sitting at college in Llandeilo all day - nobody to talk to!! I go through Llandewi every day on my way from home (Llanfallteg) to Tenby where the bus depot is...

AnneTh

So sorry to hear you've had the news that no-one wants. I haven't gone through the primary stage- bypassed it and was diagnosed with secondaries. So I can't offer advice on treatment for primary. However, I have two friends who went through it over the last 18 months. All I can tell you is that they are both back to their normal selves now but I would be lying if I didn't say they found the whole experience scary. You will get through it though.
You take care in the meantime. But get into this website - it is a great help and you will get tons of support.
I pop back your way quite often. Grew up near Llanddewi. Have quite a few friends round there still.
Bye for now
Anne x

fio

hi i'm fiona i live near Narberth and i was diagnosed today - having my op on 6/4/09 just nice to know there will be someone to talk to.

AnneTh

Hi
I have secondary BC and am contemplating moving back to near Carmarthen near family, old friends and elderly mother. Doing well, feel great but very nervous about retiring and moving back 'home'.
Part of it is because I have a really good oncologist etc here. What's it like in SW Wales?!

Anne xx

moocow

sorry for some reason I did not get your message till today march 5th . we live near one another and would be good to share stories . I had a masectomy last sept aged 42 doing well so far but shattered today after last cemo on monday but i met ben fogal the tv presenter today and had lunch with him so that cheered me up he was lovely . send a message soon
best wishes
jayne

bubblemagic

im in llanelli! how are you? Nikki x

moocow

thanks for your response great to talk to someone i underwent a left masectomy last sept 08 and im haveing cemo at present 4th one noxt monday felt rotten after last one had bad aching joints but still went to work . its snowing up here today so no work i live overlooking the brecon beacons very wintery let me know about yourself and we can have a chat

Adele1

Hi, I live in South Wales (the Valleys)

I'm 34, I was diagnosed 2005 at the age of 30 when my son was 10 weeks old. I had WLE, chemo and rads and am now facing more surgery as I've recently been diagnosed with BRCA1 gene.

If you want, you can PM me. I'd love to hear from you.

Adele

moocow

anyone from south wales

anyone from the south wales are in need of talking I am in the brecon beacons only sheep or hills to talk to I am 42 masectomy last sept 08 cemo now and feel like im in a bubble