cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone had to stop radiation half way trough

4 REPLIES 4

Re: anyone had to stop radiation half way trough

hi, Breda

i noticed a couple of small swellings under my red mark on my good boob, my onc is sending me to the breast clinic on thursday to have it checked out although she told me she thinks its nothing to worry about ( easily said than done!! ) so im very nervous about that, its my 21/30 rads tomorrow morning then upstairs to have my 6th herceptin , my boob is very red and itchy but not too bad with the cream, im going without bras for now ( advised by radiologist ) and wearing vest tops instead ,it feels wierd going braless but i find it more comfy, i had 3 x FEC and 3 TAX which ended in feb its no picnic but although it seems a long haul at the start the time soon passes and you will get through it, glad your back on track MIZZY XXXXXXXX

hi everyone, i managed to start back on my rads on monday last, tg all has settled down, i started my boost 2day ended up having to get planning images done all over again which took nearly 2 hours i was getting really irritated as ye no lying with head turned and arm on a rest is not comfortable, so 5 boosts to do and il be finished next monday, have a break for few weeks then on to tax chemo which im really not looking forward to but sure this is what we have to do to get rid of this bloody disease.
so ladies how are all ye doing? are ye nearly finished the rads yet?
by the way if any of ye are having problems with soreness in boobs as in cant wear a bra ect , i got this excellent bra from my bcn which is seem free and silk lined it is great as im big chested their was no way i cud go without one
i think she got it from amonia il check it out and post the details in case any of ye need them

well thats all the news from me for now
chat later
b
xxxxx

Was just wondering if you managed to re-start your rads and if so how are things going?

Hi Breda

I also have IDC (grade 3) had WLE ANC 7/21 in sept 07, had 3x FEC and 3 x TAX ending in feb 08, i started rads 17th march ( having 25 then 5 boosters like you ) im doing well up to now although i had a scare with my other boob which had a 50p sized red mark appear a week after starting rads, onc not too worried about it but she is keeping an eye on it its not painfull or hot or anything,sorry i can't help but i hope you can continue with your treatment next week and that all goes well for you..

LOVE MIZZY XXXXX

anyone had to stop radiation half way trough

hi everyone its been a while since iv been on line
i was suppose to have 25 rads than a week of booster 30 in total
but they had to stop it as i keep getting an inflamed breast reaaly painfull and it only happened after 4 rads so they stopped it put me on antibiotics for a week then resumed again however it happened again so i had break for 2 weeks with more antibiotics its cleared up again and i have to see doc tommor to see are they going to continue with my treatment or not.
as im only 31 and had invasive bc with positive lymp nodes i had partial breast removed and axillary clearence i really need the full dose of radiation.
has this happened to anyone else???

lots of love
breda xx