anyone in Beadnell / Seahouses / Alnwick area

I am 69 yrs old and live in Beadnell Northumberland and have just had my first op on 6th March ( an elective local excision and sentinal lymph node biopsy ) I am now waiting for the results. I would welcome anyone in area to get in touch so that I could have someone to talk to face to face which would seem a lot easier than all this typing which I’m not very good at.

Hello Ann W

Welcome to the forums. I’m sorry to hear of your diagnosis, the first few weeks are always difficult when coming to terms with your diagnosis and treatment.
As well as the support you will receive on the forums you might find it helpful to order the BCC resources pack. It has been specifically designed for those newly diagnosed and contains information to help you understand your diagnosis, test results and the various treatments available. If you would like to order a copy just follow the link bellow:-

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/resource-pack-primary-early-breast-cancer-bcc145

We also have our Peer Support service which is not face to face but telephone based support with a volunteer who has had a diagnosis of breast cancer. Call 0845 077 1893 or email: ukpeersupportteam@breastcancercare.org.uk to tell us what you’d like to talk about and we’ll find the right volunteer for you.

You may also like to talk things through with one of the helpline staff, they are there to offer emotional support as well as provide information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and lines are open 9-5 Monday to Friday and 10-2 Saturday.

Best wishes

June, moderator