anyone in almeria spain

I have recently finished chemo and radiotherepy and have now moved to spain for a fresh start is there any one in a simular postion? it would be nice to hear from you.

Hi jet1202

Its nice to hear that you’ve finished your treatment, i have finished it too (chemo + radio as well).
I’m from Spain so if you have any question please let me know

thank you, how are you feeling now you have finished? its a bit scarey knowing that the back up is no longer there, I have to have a mammogram in 3months time, not sure if I want that done here or back in the uk???

hi just interested do you still get your follow up treatment in the UK or Spain, the reason i ask hubby is interested in moving to Spain but thought we may have to stay until all follow up treatment is finished.

i live in Ibiza and had surgery and chemo here and rads in UK. Care was excellent and follow up is better than in UK - have 3 monthly check ups. You can take your notes to local hospital and ask to see oncologist and they can carry on your controls from there.

Hi polly53,
at the moment i am still having my follow up treatment in the uk as i find the languge a problem here, but am frantically trying to learn the lingo, its not easy though! also am a bit concerned about costs as if i take out private healthcare i wont be covered for a pre exsisting condition.But apart from that i can recommened living in spain!
all the best
x