353104posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone starting chemo in August?

Highlighted

Re: anyone starting chemo in August?

Tolliebell – I couldn’t agree more with Lols’ advice about PICC line. I had mine fitted on Wednesday and it was all very easy and straightforward. Sharp prick with the local anaesthetic was the only discomfort and including x-ray to check position, the whole thing only took an hour. Since then it has been fine. Aches a bit now and again but that’s all. Nothing to worry about, you will be fine.
I’ll be thinking of you.
Penn x
Highlighted

hi ladies - sorry not been posting but this is first time downstairs n out of bed - chemo went fine but two hours later got hit with very bad nausea. Had to go bak in to hospital for chk up and they gave me some diff sickness tabs which touch wood seem to be doing ebough for me to be able to have water. Just feeling totally exhausted - thinking of you all xx
Highlighted

Sounds like you need piriton penny. Have a lovely lunch tolliebell, don't worry bout picc. We put them in on ward sometimes bit uncomfortable for fewdays but well worth it xx
Highlighted

Hello Lols (Ju),
Yes, unfortunately, I have an appointment this morning at 0945 hrs with GP. I seem to have had a reaction to my first self-administered injection of bone-marrow stimulating drug (Lenograstim). I’m hoping that red face, rash on chest and tickly cough are within normal acceptable bounds for reactions to this drug. I’ll let you know what happens.
Penn x
Highlighted

Morning all
Hears to a se free day for all those who have started or at least minimal ones.
Lols enjoy your lunch I too am having lunch with a friend today then have pre assesment and picc line in this afternoon.
Good Luck Sam
Jill xxx
Highlighted

Morning Maisie's, good luck Sam ( 2 cream cakes for you after op, make sure OH knows that!!! Haha!!)
hope all chemo se's small girls.
anyone there today can't scroll back?
Any appts ladies? Once again I've nothing today, one big holiday, lunch out with my mum and walking my gorgeous dog and that's it, trying not to dwell on things, and trying not to spend on line!!! Seems so easy when no actual money in view!
well take it easy girls, take the meds and relax. Happy day to all xx ju
Highlighted

All the best Sam for today, I'm hoping you are first on the list and on your way to theatre already, the less waiting around the better. Hope everyone else is doing ok xx
Highlighted

Bumpkin, what vitamin regime are you using, I've been told I cant even take my probiotic pills! xx

Good luck Sam, let us know you are ok when you can xxx

Hope all others that have had chemo in last coupe of days arent suffering too badly xxx
Highlighted

Good luck with your op today Sam
Hope everyones side effects are minimal.
Lyns xx
Highlighted

Sorry Sam, that shoudld be good luck with your op today (not tomorrow). Hope it all goes well.
Best wishes,
Penn x
Highlighted

Good luck Samjs today. And wishing everyone a happy weekend. I am feeling fine after Tax yesterday. Hoping it stays that way. Sore around Hickan site. Face very flushed but feel cool and no temp. Going to continue with vitamin regime to try and fend off SEs.
When is it safe to have a glass of vino? It is the weekend!
happy stress free dsy to all. The list of dates is marvellousx
x
Highlighted

Good Morning Maisies,
Welcome Rollercoaster to our merry band. It’s the sort of group that nobody really wants to belong to as the entry requirement (chemo) is quite tough. That said, you will find plenty of chat, support, experiences and laughter to help you on your way! We are 44 members in the group now.
Debs glad to hear all went well on your first session – tick that one off the list!
Bandanarama is a brilliant name – fabulous well done Lyn!
Sam – good luck with the op tomorrow – we’ll be thinking of you.
Monday’s little list is Ruth, Christine and Katherine (Bakeswhenstressed). Have you thought of a Bar Group name yet ladies? Bar groups so far, listed below.
Here’s to a peaceful day ahead!
Penn x
UsernameDate 1st chemoBar Name
Chezzap29/07/2013Lone Ranger?
Shelley3730/07/2013
Bendictus31/07/2013
Jacquie0802/08/2013
Tylerrose02/08/2013
Ivorymummy02/08/2013
PennyCrow07/08/2013Three amigos
Tasha10107/08/2013
Whiterose07/08/2013
Annie6208/08/2013Three degrees + 2
Bumpkin08/08/2013
Deb1208/08/2013
Breezy4108/08/2013
Sakura197108/08/2013
Ruthy112/08/2013
ChristineVW12/08/2013
Bakeswhenstressed12/08/2013
TollieBelle13/08/2013
Lynnk14/08/2013Bandanarama
Pendragon14/08/2013
Rainbowrosie14/08/2013
SpikeyRed15/08/2013
Daisymegan19/08/2013
GillyR20/08/2013Gilly No Mates?
Highlighted

Hi just a quick note to say good luck Sam for today, will be thinking of you and welcome to the group Rollercoaster, and as Gilly said the CT and Bone Scans are not bad at all, just try to keep still in Bone Scan it does take a while and it's hard to keep still, it will be good to get them over with. must run for work and will be back later xx
Highlighted

Good luck Sam , you will be in my thoughts xx
Highlighted

Hi Ladies glad everyone got through their treatments without any hitches hope the se,s are not too bad good luck for tomorrow, samjs and welcome rollercoaster, great name, as its one we are all travelling on, night night all xxxx Rose
Highlighted

thinking bout you samjs, hugs sent to you, best of luck xxx
Highlighted

Good luck tomorrow Sam, will be thinking of you and sending good vibes xxxx
Highlighted

Just a quick post Maisies,

Glad all three degrees have got home ok and the three amigos seem to be coping with SEs.
Had a stress free day and now as wound up as a coiled spring!! Think its cos while the other ops were to get the bloody cancer this one is cos my body is playing silly buggers about the healing game!!
Hopefully I will be the first one down again tomorrow. Will message as soon as I am awake and have had my coffee and biscuits!!
Be good ladies xx
Highlighted

Hi Maisies, glad you are mainly doing ok, it's awful being sick but hopefully they will alter your meds now. I had cold cap too Debs and I am better now at the thought of losing it. My wig is great and as you said it did add hours to the treatment, however so far so good but only day 7 today so will be next week when most comes out I think? Managed to meet girls from work for a drink tonight, only had pineapple juice though couldn't bear to make my poor liver cope with any more toxins! Was nice to get out though, and they were all so nice and pleased to see me. Tired now though so bed soon fir me I think. Night girls hope those on steroids aren't as wired as I was! Xx
Highlighted

hi lynnk of cors you can join the more the merrier hey, bandanarama just seemed apt i thought.
found out today i get an appt with the wig people on tuesday wen i go to meet the chemp team, hope its ready before my hair goes, i love my short hair now no messing in the mornings, but i do think i;; cry wen it eventually falls out, off tomorrow to my besties for a manicure then chinese with my old man, seeing my mum saturday havent seen her since before my op or my dx i think so will be nice to spend some pre chemo time with her no hopping to the shops though im still not driving (well not sposed to be), the monday night out for a meal with my bestie to chat and laugh for a while, give yourselves a treat ladies if you can.
hope all who have had chemo over the past few days are starting to feel ok now, were all thinking of you, can i ask how youve all got through your time having the infusion at chemo, ive got books and a ds and hopefully my OH just wondered wat other people do.
night maisies hope you all get some sleep at least
angie xx
Highlighted

Thanks Jenny, yes you're right - one down, five to go for me although more for others.

Debs, so glad your session went OK but sorry you had the sickness and headache. I've been a bit headachey but so far no nausea.
Breezey, I feel for you and do hope you don't have to phone again. Let's hope all of us have some proper sleep tonight and feel better tomorrow.

Annie x
Highlighted

ah banDanarama just realised the play on words now that is a bloody genius name!!!
glad to see all three degreees are back and hope SE ease for tomorrow Debs and Breezy not heard too much from Annie so hope she is having a quiet rest

Is anyone up on Monday???
Highlighted

Evening Masies .... Can I be in Bandanarama pls Pendragon? I'm also on the 14th & don't want you to be loney! Think I'm finally getting the hang of this posting lark....don't know what I've been doing wrong but just reading all your posts has been so helpful .... Almost pleased to part of such a lovely group.
Highlighted

Nite debs glad it went ok Hun , have good night xx
Highlighted

Hi, Annie nice to catch up thanks for your post I hope today went better than anticipated and you are now on the road to your recovery one step at a time luv Jenny xx
Highlighted

Hi maisies just wanted to let you know I am back, all went ok this morning. Took abit longer due to having coldcap too, not sure how long I will last with it though as it adds quite abit if time onto treatment.
Had a good sleep this afternoon, not slept too well last couple of nights. Alas the sickiness got me later on, taken my meds as recommended so hopefulyy headache and sickness will disappear soon.
Hope my other degrees have managed ok today and the amigos yesterday are doing well still.
Night night maisies sleep well and thank you for your good wishes debs x x x
Highlighted

Take care breezy , have sips water regularly don't get dehydrated as make headache so much worse. Hope you get some sleep Hun. Xx
Highlighted

Thanks lovely ladies I'm ok just a banging headache apart from the sickness , have now took antisickness Meds so hoping I keep it down but if not will phone again x thank you all for your support and advice , welcome rollar coaster xxx
Highlighted

ha ha Gilly no mates love it genius my love!!
Highlighted

Welcome Rollercoaster, you can eat after the CT scan, its only that one you cant eat for. When thats done, get your radioactive injection then go and have lunch and lots to drink to get the stuff around your system. They are both simple scans, but the bone scan takes about half an hour, not horrible though. You are lucky having it all in one day, mine was so spread out. Good luck and try not to worry xx
Breezy I hope it all settles down for you and you are not sick any more hunni, my thoughts are with you. How are you feeling apart from that?
Love Bananarama, keep inging their songs now!!
I think my name should be Billy, as in Billy no mates...lol
Love to all you wonderful Maisies
xxxx
Highlighted

Hi rollercoaster very apt username!
Breezy sorry to hear you suffering chick hopefully they will alter your meds and give you the emend for next cycle so you dont have ot go through the sickness again.
Just watched the first emmerdale lols as Rafael was insisiting on watching his cartoons so have to watch on itv plus one. He is only 4 years old and dictates what is on tv already thank goodness he has now fallen asleep and been taken to bed the evening is now mine!!!
so pendragon and the girls on the 14th are gonna be bananrama
anyone heard from the last of the three degrees Deb she not posted yet???
Highlighted

Welcome roller coaster, hope all yesterday's and today's girls at the bar are hanging in there. Well I've had a boring day, to be honest if it wasn't for pain from ANC and surgery and the feeling of my right boob slowly working its way upto where it was when I was 16 ( left one by knees) I'd think I was on annual leave from work.. This waiting around for chemo is craaaap girlies!!
Plus I'm spending money I havnt got on line!!!!! Haven't bought a wig yet, keep thinking il wait till I have appt for look around chemo unit Monday hopefully they will advise me then..
Got loads of bandanas and scarf things now, hope they look better without hair cos they look awful with.
emmerdales getting a bit far fetched now Amy's adoptive sons parents have died, both of them!!! Honestly if anyone gets offered an acting role in Emmy don't take it you will be doomed!!!!
Had a cry today whilst making tea, absolutely no idea why but did have loud music on sometimes the words get to me so could have been that, anyway only lasted few mins and I got my act together . Soooo tired to better sleep tonight .
Sam good luck with surgery tomorrow.
meg ( coco) thinking about you, hope your less tired than last night, your on my mind xx
right I'm off now to annoy OH but might be back later.. If not have good nights each and everyone of you Maisie's xx ju x
Highlighted

Chez I phoned the unit they said to take a metoclopramide and paracetamol for headache and to take my ondanstetron later , havent taken that yet as have threw the other tablets back up , been sick 3 times now xx
Highlighted

thats good we cd be bandanarama lol?
Highlighted

Gilly had a good suggestion of bananarama ha ha
Highlighted

thatd be good chezzap, im there two days atm uless it changes any names for us then?
Highlighted

I should be starting chemo in August but have no date yet! Everything seems to take forever to progress, not that I'm eager to do this but if I have to do it, lets get on with it! Like everybody else I'm scared witless, it feels like I'm on a rollercoaster that keeps going relentlessly on. Today, just when I started to think I was getting my head in order again I got a series of phone calls telling me I will be spending the day at the hospital tomorrow. I'm told I need a blood test before treatment starts because I haven't had one since June, next call says don't bother, the June one will be fine. Next call tells me I now need to have a bone scan and a CT scan and an ECG. Why? The dr wants it all done. But why? No answer. The appointments have been made for tomorrow, CT at 9:45 so don't eat anything, just drink water. Then go straight to your bone scan, they will give you an injection then send you away to drink a lot of water then go back at 13:10 for the scan, then at 15:30 go for your pre chemo assessment. Excuse me, when do I eat I ask? Oh well, you're not diabetic or anything are you she says. Hello, do you not read my notes, yes I'm diabetic type 2, diet controlled. Oh well, talk to the staff when you get there. And when do I get the results of these scans? Well, when the dr sees you next. That's not until I start the 2nd cycle and I haven't had the first one yet! Does anyone care how we actually feel while we're enduring all this trauma or are we suppose to be robots? I'm glad I found this opportunity to rant, my family are brilliant for me but there's only so much stress we can all cope with.
Highlighted

Ang I think 2 others lynne and Rosie are up to bar same day as you next week so thats another girl group of three you arent alone love.
Highlighted

Thanks for advise chezza have been very sick now but actually feel alot better , god I would be so lost without you all , sorry for moaning and hope everyone else is ok x
Highlighted

thanks for all the good wishes got a phone call back at lunchtime from the secretary, saying it was all a mistake my onco hadnt known i alreasdy had an appointment booked for tuesday, massive apologies, i explained how i felt too and got apology from her secretary. sorry for being a worry wort.
hope yesterdays ladies are ok not too many se to worry about and for todays ladies hope youre coping too, love being a member of this group was talking to my macmillan peer counsellor bout you all earlier, saying how much you help,
looks like ill be a lonely lady at the bar anyone want to kjoin up woth me, never very confident on my own

tc
angie x
Highlighted

thats just typical of me going to a bar by myself sounds like Im on a singles night looking to be picked up!!!!
Highlighted

yes bananrama, sugababes, supremes ( but dont know how many in them) beverley sisters, the honeys, destinys child

also quite a lot of us on our own so we need to think of some single bar names too
Highlighted

Bananarama were a three werent they? I am useless with things like that.

Hope all you ladies dont suffer too badly.
Annie, water is the best because your body doesnt have to digest it to get the ater out of it so it can use it as soon as you drink it. Herbal teas and green tea also count as water. Just get as much as you can inside you, it will all help at the end of the day. Milky drinks dont really count though xxx
Highlighted

It was the metocloprimade that made me really jittery Breezy - they say take that after the steroids only if you feel sick.
Annie glad you home. Didnt realise two more ladies were up today too Sakura and Bumpkin thats five today you may have to change your bar name to The Spice Girls ha ha

Looks like there are lots of groups of three so we will need to get thinking of pop groups of three girls!!!
Breezy just take it easy if you are actually sick call your hotline and ask what time is earliest you can take one of the anti sick meds. My onc said was quite common to be sick on the day few hoyrs later as thats when its hit your bloodstream hopefully its the initial recation and you will be ok tomorrow
Highlighted

I've been given Dexamethasone to take until Sunday, Ondansetron until Saturday and Domperidone until next Tuesday.

Also been given Nivestim capsules for injection by District Nurse on Saturday - I may choose to do the rest myself if it doesn't seem too bad!

Nurses said to drink at least 2 litres a day, but it can be any drink (within reason, of course...)

Annie x
Highlighted

I've been given ondansetron to take until sat a.m ,dexamethasone from tomorrow for 3 Days and metocloPramide for as and when needed, am taking all of your advice and am so grateful for it xx
Highlighted

Hi breezy and Annie glad you're back and all went well, just chilling after getting back from work and food shopping, stilll fine infact feel normal today not even the dreaded indigestion , hope you have minimal se,s like everyone said drink plenty of water and take everything given to be honest I have never felt sick but from day one have taken the sick tabs provided, perhaps they worked but wasn't prepared to find out xxxxxxRose
Highlighted

Maybe I spoke too soon or shouldn't have had a big meal at lunch I have a headache and feel so sick 😞 just going to try and sleep it off and am drinking plenty , so glad your home and ok Annie , just deb to go now for today xxx
Highlighted

Hello
hope everyone ok. Had first docetaxel today. All Ok so far. Uncomfortable bit was having the Hickman line inserted. Aching and sore where it was inserted through neck. that area was glued after and the actual line is coming out of chest above right breast. Have painted all nails with dark polish as it is supposed to help prevent them falling off. About to create some cold gloves, which also help, with the use of oven gloves and cool box ice blocks. have discussed use of all the steroids we are given. nurse happy for me not to take them if I feel I can do without. I didn't take many during FEC treatment last year. for me the steroid side effects were worse than nausea, as i never got it badly. I appreciate they are essential if you feel sick. hope everyone doing ok.
bumpkin xx
Highlighted

Hello Annie,
Glad to hear you're back home too and that everything went well.
Hand in hot water? Didn’t realise that you were there for a manicure?! Only teasing, a number of people at chemo yesterday also started with the hot water treatment to dilate the veins.
Hope you and the other Three Degrees have few side effects and a restful rest of the day.
Penn x