353144posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone starting chemo in August?

Highlighted

Re: anyone starting chemo in August?

Welcome happy cats, to the mad house!!! There's loads of support here . Lovely girls x
Penn how many of us now then? Unbelievable really. Heard from Annie yesterday she's ok just taking it easy i hope, but no word of breezy hope she's ok. Gilly go girl enjoy your weekend xx
Hope you all hang onto your hair for the weekend especially if something good planned this bc never let's up , chins up girlies xx ju
Highlighted

Hi Sarah welcome onboard the crazy train!!!
similar dx mine was grade 3 and hormone negative but herceptin positive too. Theres loads of us maisies and no matter what time you post you will get a response. Penny and Bumpkin bless them were on the nightshift lastnight due to bloody steroids and flushes.
Theres a few of you on 14th I think so you will get plenty of support
Highlighted

I am starting chemo on 14 August. I had mastectomy and sentinel node biopsy on 5 July and axillary clearance on 26 July. Been told I need dose dense chemo for 4 cycles of AC at two week intervals plus bone marrow stimulant 24 hours after chemo. This will be folloed by 4 cylces of doxetaxol at three week intervals and then that will be followed by 5 weeks of radiotherapy and one year of Herceptin. The tumour was grade 3 and ER -ve PR -ve and HER2 3+. I have been on any forum before but am looking forward to being one of the Amazing Augusts and getting support and hopefully giving support too. BCC is the most amazing organisation. I have been overwhelmed by the literature, the HeadStrong service etc. Fantastic. Sarah
Highlighted

morning maisies
not heard from breezy hoping she is ok and over the sickness.
sounds like wensleydale will sue me as their sales hit an all time low!!!!
Pen hope the flushing is subsiding and you get some well earned rest
bumpkin hope you too get some kip!!!

Tollie belle I am a proper Manc so it gotta be City not that dirty red lot from Trafford ha ha!!! I spent all my youth waiting for them to win something!! Are you based in Liverpool??? I love Liverpool its a top place!

Gilly sounds like you have a fab weekend planned send all the maisies congrats to your mum and dad.
Hoping too all the others that had chemo other day are keeping well Deb and Tash been fairly quiet
anyone know how whiterose and annie are??
Highlighted

Yeah Sam they don't interact with the antibiotics, good idea for you to take them too boost your wound healing eh? We're all singing from the same hymn sheet ref ringing onc, like I say I am a bit bossy least I'm not the only one eh Karen? Just been reading up on acid reflux, advice is to lose weight and reduce coffee! Small meals and avoid spice and alcohol. Only thing I am not doing is losing weight! Tum is huge, mind you I do think it's cos I can see it without large rt breast in the way! Xx
Highlighted

Hi all, Start 3 FEC 3 T on Tues 13th in Bath! Apprehensive but taking comfort from all the posts saying its doable. rave loads of animals inc chickens and horses so dealing with them without germs etc should be fun!
Best to all!
Highlighted

Good morning ladies, I have jus realised that we havent heard from Breezy since she was suffering with sickness after her chemo. Is anyone in touch with her and know how she is doing. I know its only a couple of days, I am hoping she is ok.

I hope that everyone has a good weekend. I have all my family down to stay for the weekend to celebrate my parents 70th and 80th birthdays. We have had it booked since the spring and I am really looking forward to having everyone to stay.

Love to you all Maisies xxx
Highlighted

Morning all
Sorry to hear of sleep problems it is not good being awake in the early hours!!
Bev is your consultant Mr E??? I saw him on Monday too. I think Epi CMF is his first choice chemo. Let me know what time your next appt is and will hopefully see you there.
Chezz Man City REALLY Everton all the way!!!!
Highlighted

I did hit a wall after work yesterday and had to go to bed but s don't feel to bad today had to go to work this morning as I'm the only one in but only at work till one, luv to all xxxx
Highlighted

Cheers Ju, will send OH out for some later x
Highlighted

Sam yeah you can , we do on ward anyway xx ju
Highlighted

Jacqui do you know if I could take those redoxan with augmentum antibiotics? I need this wound to heal quickly x
Highlighted

Morning Maisie's, this non sleeping is horrible isn't it, to much time to think!!!
penn can you phone your chemo unit or any number they gave you? Worth a try.
hope you all have nice things planned for weekend. Tyler rose I hope I'm like you after chemo but take it easy fingers crossed you stay as good as you are I hope no se's creep in.
glad your home Sam pm d you and you meg x
welcome hotcatz, another one!!! Big group girls will be some meet up we will have to book the whole hotel!!
Hope everyone's se's minimal enjoy today x ju
Highlighted

Morning all, unlike Sam who managed to laugh quiitley at the thought of you guys dressed as p***s with cheese. I wasn't that and burst out laughing promptly waking oH. Seeing as he didn't get in till 4 the dirty stop out don't feel bad about it! Penn really hope you rung the ONC hotline looks like you may be needing something a little stronger, how long do you have to have your infections for? Hope al other Maisie's are not doing too badly this morning xx
Highlighted

Morning Maisies what a rubbish night Penn and Bumpkin! I do sympathise with the steroid induced wired insomnia! I'm not looking forward to that again! Penny have you rung your oncology helpline number I think they would be able to help you better than Oohs by the Gps? Mine were great last week and it is definitely related to your chemo ! It's irritating how our bodies react without anything we can do about it, I am so used I suppose to being a bit bossy and in charge not keen on losing that part of my identity . However I draw the line at wensleydale willy costume not that far gone yet! Mental Iimages had me giggling though sure my hubby thinks I'm losing it!
Yes you should have your bloods done tues I would think Pendragon hope your cold feeling better, maybe get some redoxan 1000 mgs zinc and vit c just boost your immunity pre chemo. I took them post surgery as zinc helps wound healing and my mx scar is fab (though I say so myself)
Chat later, Jacquie xx
Highlighted

Thanks to everyone for their warm welcome.
Toillebelle. Although I have my first Chemo on Wednesday, after that it’ll be Tuesdays (mornings I think) every 3 weeks. Maybe we’ll bump into each other. Only saw Consultant) on Monday and they couldn’t fit in all the other things before Tuesday so that’s why.
Benedictus, I too was beginning to think I was maybe the only one on E-CMF. We can commiserate together
Highlighted

Morning ladies sleep all night start of another day , hope you all have a good day just having a cuppa then ill get my grandson up I've already heard him shouting mama the little tinker luv to all Rose xxxx
Highlighted

Hello Bumpkin – Sorry to hear that you have been awake too. Steroids can certainly disturb sleeping patterns – I hope that you will be able to catch up with your sleep later in the day.
No, didn't manage to get back off to sleep, so got up instead. Took another dose of piriton at about 0615 hrs as tingling in lips and hands had become more marked again. I’ll see how I feel in an hour or so and then perhaps ring the Out of Hours Doctor service for their advice.
That’s two of us welcoming in the dawn!
Penn x
Highlighted

Morning Maisie's hope you are not suffering too much from SEs those who have been to the bar in the last few days, and can have a peaceful weekend. welcome Bev to the group, everyone here is very helpful and supportive and making the best of a bad situation and all probably slightly mad too if you read some of the posts! Xx
Highlighted

Good morning Penn
hope you have nodded off back to sleep. I have been awake for hours, steroids I think. Sorry to hear about your allergies. I think the piriton takes a few days to work. steroids are meant to hell counter the allergies, but I have also had a great deal of flushing on face and neck. Not so bad today though, so far. Hope you feel better. Xx
Highlighted

Dear Maisies,
Struggling a bit in the middle of the night with my side effects. Having had an allergic reaction to bone marrow stimulating injection (Lenograstim) the day before yesterday, seem to have had the same with its whizzy Neulasta replacement (pegfilgrastim) self-administered last night with anti-allergy cover (piriton). Have woken just after 0200 hrs to the return of red face, chest and now arms. Also, tingling in extremities (hands and lips). Have taken another dose of piriton and hope it settles down.
Tiresome side effects!
Penn x
Highlighted

Sorry for spelling predictive text is a pest xxxxx
Highlighted

Omg hit a wall got home from fell asleep, came down stairs watched emmerdale, fell asleep just woke up now off to bed work in the morning having a job to keep my eyes open other than that feel ok, yes we will have to think of a name but as she said in home with the wind, tomorrow's another day, nite mite ladies, xxxxx Rose
Highlighted

Also Cheza I will never be able to buy that cheese because of teh image I now have in my head!! x
Highlighted

Can't sleep ladies due to morning and afternoon naps but silently laughing so not to wake snoring OH about dicks with wensyldale on them. Chezza you are nuts!!!! Couldn't resist that x
Highlighted

Saw the wig chezz! What's that all about? Night Maisie's xx happy dreams xx
Highlighted

ha ha nice one Angie

BTW girls congrats we now have over 1000 posts my God we know how to talk!!!
Highlighted

good ideas girls will give all the other people there something to look at wont it, i think ill get all the names together and draw up a collage of all the proper groups, will keep me busy anyway!!
Highlighted

you are on hopefully the wensleydale will cover the bald head!!
Highlighted

Chezza if you come as a willy with wensleydale on your head, I will happily come as batman...lol xx
Highlighted

gilly you and tamsin can come as the only fools and horses del boy and rodders version - that was hillarious do you remember it???
Highlighted

does that me and lols have to come as a pe**s with a slice of wensleydale on our head!!!!
Highlighted

That a good thought Angie, but I am not coming as Batman...lol xxx
Highlighted

hi all
thanks for nice comments on profile pic. That was taken at end of May 2 weeks before I discovered the lump and I want to remember me being happy and carefree. I dont even recognise myself in mirror anymore. Short hair, crap skin, bags under eyes etc
The little man is Sergio (named after Sergio aguero who scored Man City winning league goal last year!) cheesy I know but cos we have Spanish surname it sounds pretty cool.

If any of you are feeling bit down and strange dont worry i went through the same couple of days after mine. Just word of advice to those on day 7/8 of cycle these next few days are when your white bloods drop and are most prone to infection so be extra careful. Once you get to about day 12 they start picking up again and you can then enjoy week three and perhaps even a glass of wine or 2 i certainly intend to.

Lols I see Brenda brought out the roadkill wig again. i mean i know she is grieving over Gennie but even so she needs to sort it!!!!
Highlighted

you made me smile jacquie08 i cd imagine you shooting down the supermarket aisle with people staring at you lol.
im glad you all love bandanarama, wen we all meet up maybe we should do fancy dress for whatever group we r in now, just worrying over my cold i know its silly but had such akot of messing round, op cancelled then back on etc cant cope with not starting this and of course OHs work will not grant him any more time off so i'll be stuck on my own. i presume my pre-chemo bloods will be taken on tuesday wen i visit the chemo unit?
thanks jacquie xx
night girls angie xx
Highlighted

Big hug in fact to you ivory what a rubbish day! All we can hope is it all happened today and tomorrow will be better eh? Xx
Highlighted

I wouldn't worry about a cold delaying things they will go by the pre chemo bloods I think so as long as they're ok you should be fine! Plus it's only Friday so plenty of time to get over it. Day 8 has been bad heartburn/indigestion had to double up the omeprazole , no hair loss yet and the short term memory loss as I said before! Still cycle 1 not been as bad as I feared so far. I shot down the aisle at top speed in asda though cos a man sneezed!
Aw how sad to lose your little cat at such an awful time for you anyway! My little westie has loved me being home so much she has been on the bed beside me whenever she gets the chance.
I can't top bandanarama that is just so clever! Our numbers are ever growing Maisies I wonder if we will get to 50 by the end of the month? Welcome hotkatz we will make you laugh and plenty of virtual hugs if you are blue!
Love Jacquie xx
Highlighted

Evening Masies, hope everyone is coping ok today. Spent the day with my Mum, reassuring her that I am OK & not cracking up (am I ?) Collected 'Flossie' from the Wig Man yesterday ( bald as a coot ... But brilliant!) Think she will give me the confidence to leave the house in coming months. Resisting the urge to stamp on her ! Have packed her away for a couple of weeks....this may be the start of a 'love hate' relationship but don't want to scare my 2 yr old Granddaugher who currently lives with us. Things we do, eh? Wishing you all well for the weekend, take care.
Highlighted

lol sam not sure you do want my bottom...like all my curries come at once. ooh definitely too much info! i didnt get teary tylerrose, but then i did keep forgetting to take my steroids. im naughty, dont tell my onc. and yes, us 2 aug girls do need a name. will give some thought. not had a great day actually. found out that my insurance claim isnt as much as i had hoped, then i got a speeding ticket for the day i sat at hospital for 4 hours waiting to see the onc who was running 2 hours late and who then told me he didnt know why id been asked to see him, and all that on just a banana. and finally my mother who was coming up this weekend cant now because shes come down with a throat infection. poo. and ive been feeling really odd today...a bit shakey. day 8 so i guess im hitting my low point.
Highlighted

beardies are easy to look after, a few crickets fresh veg but mine doesnt like veg, clean viv once a month, uv light and shes fine. my old man does the crickets i used to do them wen she was smaller but not now shes on big crickets, the hop around and u have to coatbthem with calcium powder.
still worrying over this cold?
Highlighted

Sam, glad op is over even if it was delayed hope you are not feeling too sore. welcome to the madhouse hotkatz. I too love cats. Got two cats from the rspca in May, unfortunatley my little one year old moggy developed feline leukaemia and had to be put down two days after my surgery. That was not what i needed, kick a girl when she is down why dont you. Thankfully my other gerogeous moggie is fighting fit and keeping me company. Have a good evening, hope everyone is feeling ok.xx

PS Chezza love the photo xx
Highlighted

Was sent with a friend request Jill xxx
Highlighted

Gilly
No pm came through???

Jill xx
Highlighted

Chezza, I love your picture, is that a recent one? xx
Highlighted

Evening all
Hope everyone feeling ok?
Sam glad you are home and op went well.
Bev I too am at Clatterbridge. I start Tuesday and had picc line in today can honestly say didn't feel a thing.
I had EPI-CMF 2 years ago I think it is a favourite at Clatterbridge as a few ladies were also on that regime with me.
I think I will have to be the Jilly no mates as no one else starting Tuesday????

Jill xx
Highlighted

Pendragon thats a really cool pet to have Id be a proper wuss though with the crickets. I even hate putting flea spray on my dog and cat!!! Are they real hard to look after or is it a case of making sure temp is constannt etc??
Highlighted

Sam, glad you are back home safe and sound and not feeling too bad xxx

Chezza, you and I have a very similar sense of fun and crudeness and you make me laugh every day xxx
Highlighted

Aw chezz that your baby? Cutie! Yeah daisy Megan on list but don't think she's posted today. Xx
Highlighted

I quite liked the cheesy d**ks thought was funny but dont mind will go with the consensus think you said Daisymegan up too on 19th
Highlighted

Hi Sam glad your home, no drain then? Lovely of OH they go through the mill to bless em !!!!
Hope everyone ok se's minimal or non existant.
well chezz what name are we using for 19 th??? uve all cheered me up just reading this in last 5 mins keep it up girls, luv it!! Xx