353143posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone starting chemo in August?

Highlighted

Re: anyone starting chemo in August?

Welcome back Lynsey, it is not so bad, do rest now though, my head was bad the first day. Hope Gill comes home all ok too.

Christymay, I am on day 4 and my mouth is starting to change now and I suffer with shingles and coldsores anyway and have medication for them, so I am just waiting for an ourbreak in the next week. Glad you are feeling a bit better in yourself now. What chemo are you having? FEC? You will get lots of support here, it is a lifeline to most of us when no one else can understand what you are going through. Remember your bloods are going into low state now, so be careful hunni xxx

Highlighted

Tasha just pm d xx
Highlighted

Christymay, sorry didnt mean to ignore you, welcome this new forum is taking a bit of getting used to for me. My first chemo was Monday still not feeling to good so know how your feeling. This group of girls do give a lot of encouragement and friendship they understand things no one else could no matter how much they love you, so keep with us Hun , we will all,get there xx ju
Highlighted

Hi ladies my daughter needs about 15 people to help with her geography homework. It just involves reading 3 short paragraphs of text then saying if you would change your habits after reading the information in them and a brief reason why or why not. If anyone feels up to it please PM me your email address and I'll send the word document. Thanks so much
Love to all xxx
Highlighted

Well done girls , im feeling sooo lazy and crap hope,it passes soon don't recognise myself . Get some rest the rest of octopussys should be back soon . Bank holiday weekend now so hope all,se's tiny or non existant . Xx ju
Highlighted

FEC 2 day 1.
I'm back.! Was supposed to go in at 9.30 but due to delay with bloods didnt get going until 12pm. Felt it going in more this time than last and my arm aches but otherwise I feel okay. Gone to bed to catch up on missed sleep from last night.
Highlighted

Well im back from my 1st FEC it all went ok my vein managed to stay open so good news. Im getting a hickman line fitted before my 2nd dunking on the 13th sept. Im just going to rest for the day now im already tired think i worked myself up about it.

Just to let you all know Venice25 (Gill) couldnt log in but i saw her today when i left she was doing well im sure she will be along soon as she can.

and sam fingers crossed you hear from your onc soon with that start date!

xx
Highlighted

Thanks Samjs - will take each session as it comes & hope the veins hold up. Hope things start moving for you soon. Lynn
Highlighted

Status: Boob not currently leaking (holding my breathe as I typed that).

Afternoon ladies,

Good luck to those having a  dunking today, would have posted earlier but had  a lie in  and then had to rush for hospital appointment.

Hi to  Christymay who has joined this merry band. We are all nuts but helpful nuts!

Happycat- sorry you have had  such a bad reaction. It must be  hard going too having chemo every 2 weeks. I know my auntie has it every two weeks.

Lynn/Tasha- I think all hospitals have their own policies on the picci vs cannula. I know my friend who is being treated where I am  was told they use a picc line as even if you have good veins having chemo put in them can narrow them. Think the picc line goes in to the artery I maybe wrong on this though. 

Chezza/Lyndsey- I love the tshirts- wear them with pride girls.

Rose glad to hear you so upbeat about the "bald" look, after so much worry about it, I am  sure you feel relieved about your own reaction.

Rollercoaster so glad your appetite has returned and you could enjoy a family meal. Some of us local ones are hoping to meet in MK next Friday if you feel up for it. I will PM you my number. x

Ju "You can do it yes you can. Mart the builder says yes you can!"

Hope everyone else is feeling as ok  as can be. ALmost forgot- Gilly  hope the droppings have improved!!

As for me, well saw the consultnat again today(he loves all my visits I am sure) both holes had scabbed over by the time I saw him, and he wasn't too concerned. He did prescribe more antibiotics though due to how long wound had been open and the fact it is bank holiday and they are not open again until Tuesday. He says to just use gauze dressings no sticky dressing as my skin is so sore. He also asked nurse to  fax my referral to oncologist again with a note attached saying I haven't heard any thing yet. He was quite surprised I hadn't seen him. So hopefully this will move things along especially as I was first diagnosed mid April!!!

xxxx

Highlighted

Dear Maisies,

Struggling with table, now I have formatting sorted (more or less) the system is objecting to the number of characters.  Must be a way around this - I'll carry on trying to sort it out when back from wig fitting.

Speak later.

Penn x

Highlighted

I was poorly the first couple of days after chemo, bein sick & now I've got a sore mouth & a big fat cold sore! but apart from that I feel a bit more alive today & more positive & I believe that's because I don't feel so alone so thank you ladies xx
Highlighted

I was poorly first couple of days with sickness, now I've got a sore mouth & a big fat ugly cold sore, think I'm def goin rotten, feeling happier in myself today , & I'm sure it's because I feel not so alone so thank you all x
Highlighted

Hi all , I'm new here so not really sure what I'm doing, so you might have to help, I started chemo last Friday & just wanted to talk to others going through it too, thanks
Highlighted

Table trial 4

Username	Bar Group 	Regime
1	Jacquie08	Octopussy	3xEC, 3xTax & 18xHerceptin
2	Lols	Dixie Chicks	6xTAC and rads & tamoxifen

Highlighted

Table trial 3

Username	Bar Group 	Regime
1	Jacquie08Octopussy	3xEC, 3xTax & 18xHerceptin
2	Lols	Dixie Chicks	6xTAC and rads & tamoxifen

Mmm - getting there I think.

Highlighted

Hello Christymay,

Welcome to the August Maisies.  We are a pretty big group - you are our 64th member - but the joy of such a large group is that there is plenty of chat, advice, support and above all, laughter, to be had here.  I have added you to the list and normally I'd be able to show you but the new format forum won't able me to post tables - I'm hoping that the moderators will be able to help me sort out that glitch.

I hope you're not having too many side effects?

Best wishes,

Penn x

Highlighted

Julie I have used bio oil on my scar and it has been wonderful. Massage really deeply not just the skin surface, I am sure it helped with my tingling and burnt feeling skin, it stimulates the nerves to repair. I am still numb under my arm and I hated touching it to start with, but I have got used to it now. Dont think we ever get that feeling back though xxx

Highlighted

Hi Christymay.  Welcome to this huge group of women having treatment in August.  Can't believe how many of us there are.  I'm sure PennyCrow will add you to her list when she's worked out how to make it decipherable in the new format (glad it's you having to do it and not me, Penn!)  There will always be someone, either on this thread or elsewhere on the forum who will be able to answer questions, so fire away.  Hope the first chemo went OK - always a big relief when the first one is out of the way. 

x

Highlighted

I hate the numbness more than anything, have to look in the mirror just to see that I'm actually washing and shaving it! Still waiting to hear from oncology whether chemo will go ahead on Tuesday or not, redness is fading over chest so antibiotics must be doing some good and there's still four days to go. Worst scenario will be a delay of another week I think. I will definitely try the massage, I've got some bio oil, it's great stuff.
Highlighted

Katherine. Sorry, hadn't read all posts & now see someone has already posted details for you. Good luck to the Octopussy's up today Bev xx
Highlighted

Katherine, Have sent you a pm with picc cover details, Bev xx
Highlighted

Table trial 2

Username Bar Group  Regime 1 Jacquie08 Octopussy 3xEC, 3xTax & 18xHerceptin 2 Lols Dixie Chicks 6xTAC and rads & tamoxifen

Mmm - still not working when unclicked the "Remove HTML from message" option.

Highlighted

This is a trial for the table:

Username Bar Group  Regime 1 Jacquie08 Octopussy 3xEC, 3xTax & 18xHerceptin 2 Lols Dixie Chicks 6xTAC and rads & tamoxifen

Mmm - still not working when HTML option switched on.

Highlighted

Hi all , I'm new here so not really sure what I'm doing, so you might have to help, I started chemo last Friday & just wanted to talk to others going through it too, thanks
Highlighted

I've sent a message to moderators about the absence of Hyper Text Markup Language (the table!) - hopefully they will get back to me with a solution becuase there is too much information to type in by hand and the tables are useful for keeping track of who is where in their treament.

Penn x

Highlighted

Thanks Penn, will look later!
Highlighted

D*mn!
Highlighted

Morning Maisies,

FEC#1 Day 17. 

Doing fine impression of cat - moulting!  The smoothest arms and legs I have ever had and my head of hair has gone darker as I've lost all my silver and white first - strange.  Wig fitting this afternoon.

Good luck to the Octopussy 8 going to the Bar today - we'll be thinking of you.

The full list again now we are on the new format forum.  Not sure if Pips64 is still going t be August?  I may have missed a post.  Any corrections, additions get back to me please.  Not sure if this new format is going to like the table but here goes:

Penn x

Username Bar Group  Regime Date 1st chemo Date 2nd chemo 1 Jacquie08 Octopussy 3xEC, 3xTax & 18xHerceptin 02/08/2013 23/08/2013 2 Lols Dixie Chicks 6xTAC and rads & tamoxifen 19/08/2013   3 Annie62 Three degrees +2 3xFEC and 3xTax & hormone   tabs 08/08/2013 29/08/2013 4 Claire1979 Dixie Chicks - 19/08/2013   5 Chezzap Dixie Chicks 4xEC and 4xTax & Herceptin 29/07/2013 19/08/2013 6 GillyR Dynamic Duo 6xFEC & Herceptin, Tamoxifen 20/08/2013   7 PennyCrow Three amigos 3xFEC & 3xTax 07/08/2013   8 Maxie   - -   9 Coco0896   No chemo -   10 Bumpkin Three degrees +2 6xtax then surgery & Rads 08/08/2013   11 Tasha101 Three amigos  8 x FEC - Tax, Rads & Tamoxifen 07/08/2013   12 Samjs   - -   13 Tylerrose (2nd Aug) chemo,herceptin and pejeta 02/08/2013 22/08/2013 14 Deb12 Three degrees +2 3xEC, 3xTax, Herceptin then rads 08/08/2013   15 Lynnk Eagles Fec, 3 Fec-T, 4 weeks rads & Tamoxifen 14/08/2013   16 Whiterose Three amigos 3xFEC, 3xTax, Rads &   Tamoxifen 07/08/2013   17 Venice25 Octopussy 6xFEC 23/08/2013   18 Kaz1961 Dynamic Duo - 20/08/2013   19 Lynsey44 Octopussy 3xFEC, 3xTax with Herceptin 23/08/2013   20 Helin (her Mum)   - -   21 KarenH   6 chemo, rads then Herceptin -   22 Daisymegan Dixie Chicks TCH - docetaxel, carboplatin & Herceptin. 19/08/2013   23 ChrissyW   - -   24 JunieB   3xFEC, 3xTax & Herceptin -   25 Alison T   - -   26 QPR1111   - -   27 SpikeyRed Hans Solo? 6xFEC, Rads & Tamoxifen 15/08/2013   28 Breezy41 Three degrees +2 6xFEC & rads and tamoxifen  08/08/2013   29 Ivorymummy Octopussy 6xFEC & Rads 02/08/2013 23/08/2013 30 Benedictus Dynamic Duo 6 chemo incl -CMF  31/07/2013 20/08/2013 31 Emn   - -   32 Pendragon Eagles Herceptin & 12 toxols & Rads, Taxomifen 14/08/2013   33 Shelley37 (30th July) 6xFEC 30/07/2013   34 Maseo   - -   35 Ruthy1 Three musketeers Oral chemo 12/08/2013   36 Hudson126   6xFEC  -   37 ChristineVW/JustFab Three musketeers FEC 12/08/2013   38 Sakura1971 Three degrees +2 - 08/08/2013   39 Bakeswhenstressed Three musketeers vinorelbine, cisplatinum, &   rads 12/08/2013   40 Rainbowrosie Eagles 6xFec-T 14/08/2013   41 Avonlady   - -   42 TollieBelle (13th Aug) 6 x Tax 13/08/2013   43 Jo43   6xfec-T , Rads & Tamoxifen 30/08/2013   44 Rollercoaster Dixie Chicks 6xFEC, Rads & herceptin 19/08/2013   45 hotkatz_ingoa Eagles 4xEPI, 4xCMF, Tamoxifen &   Herceptin 14/08/2013 17/09/2013 46 Malforda (13th Aug) 3xFEC & 3XTax 13/08/2013   47 Happycats2 Eagles 4xAC, 4XTax, Rads &   Herceptin 14/08/2013   48 Barbarella63     Now Sept   49 KiwiHelen (21st Aug) 6xFEC-T, & Rads 31/07/2013 21/08/2013 50 Kickit'sass (22nd Aug)   22/08/2013   51 Paula (?3rd Aug)   03/08/2013   52 Chrissie49 (6th Aug)   06/08/2013   53 hcmcleod     -   54 Tabithacat (13th Aug)   13/08/2013   55 CarryF (21st Aug)   21/08/2013   56 Julie66 Dynamic Duo 6 xFec-T, Rads & Tamoxifen 27/08/2013   57 Jules06 Octopussy 6 doses of fec-t then a mastecomy 23/08/2013   58 Nichola6 Octopussy   23/08/2013   59 Lucy58 13th Aug 3xFEC, 3xTAX, hormone tabs and rads 13/08/2013   60 JunieB (28th Aug) 3xFEC, 3xTax, Herceptin 28/08/2013   61 TLW Octopussy   23/08/2013   62 pas_the_boss     -   63 pips64 Octopussy ?FEC-T 23/08/2013              

Highlighted

Morning Maisie's good luck to all up at the bar today, feeling fine this morning after second dunking yesterday taken all media including sickness tab although no sickness prevention better than the cure,only a glow from steroids, hairdresser friend of mine came last night and shaved my head, actually doesn't look that bad bald, she said I looked like a sexy chick with cheered me up so left it uncovered all night, wire cotton beany for bed with was fine , now it's gone I'm actually not bothered which has surprised me, going to get dressed as I'm of to morrisons luv to all have a good day xxxxx Rose
Highlighted

Barb,

Have you set me up as a friend on your profile?  I've sent you a private message - check you can see it and then use to reply. 

Penn x

Highlighted

morning all

good luck to all the ladies up this morning.

Someone asked about herceptin and rads.  From my understanding you have 18 cycles of herceptin and that normally starts halfway through the chemo so if you are on FEC T for example the herceptin will start when you start the Tax part of your chemo.  I think rads start a few weeks after chemo finishes to give you a bit of a break.

Lols hope you ok today.

Highlighted

Katherine,

Waterproof covers for use in shower from:

http://www.limboproducts.co.uk/

Day-wear covers (lots of colours) from

Pick a piccline cover on Ebay or email to :pickapiccline@hotmail.co.uk

I have both and both very good.

Penn x

Highlighted

Morning Maisies
well its nearly time for me to get dunked! Like you Nicola6 my stomach is somersaulting! Sending you a virtual hug!

And to the other octopussys good luck today! Im not sure if we changed the name but i like it! I'll hopefully check in later!
Xx
Highlighted

Hello. I am a little confused by the new forum but am sure it will be great once I get to know it! I hve not been on the forum for over a week as I had a pretty bad reaction to my first chemo on 14 August and ended up in hospital on IV fluids, anti-emetics and antibiotics. Now I am back home and feeling better every day. I am on the dose dense chemo regime so I have chemo every other week so I am enjoying the days before my next treatment on 28 August. I hope everyone else who started on the 14th is doing well. All the best Happycats2

Highlighted

Penny row thank you would love a copy of the list have tried to MSG you but for some reason I can't get it to send so will try again later maybe it's a new site glitch
Highlighted

Sorry - not Lois, should have been Rollercoaster!

Highlighted

FEC1 day 16

I'm the same, Breezey - my parting's getting wider by the hour, I think!  It seems to be coming out all over but really looking thin at the top and front - my fringe is now nearly non-existent!

Lois, mine didn't start coming out until day 12, day 4 seems a bit early but we're all different.  Hope it hangs in there for a while longer!

Good luck to all those at the bar today, can't keep up with the names any more but you know who you are! Smiley Wink

Annie x

Highlighted

Hope everybody is ok and not having too many side effects this morning, good luck to everyone else having treatment today think were still the octupussy,im feeling really nervous  stomach doing somersaults

Highlighted

Morning Maisies, finally found you all again! Saw something yesterday that a few of you have bought picc line covers off the internet? Of course now I can't find it - can anyone advise? Trying to wrap clingfilm round my right arm every time I want a shower is proving a pain!
Katherine
Highlighted

Fec 1 day 16 morning Maisies hope everyone hitting the bar today is ok , have lost the list and not familiar with the new forum yet . Lynn I have a cannular in back of hand and noone hAs mentioned anything to me either ? No change with me still feel fed up with mouth ulcers and malting like. Dog lol , am just brushing once a day and using dry shampoo , hair dresser coming to cut it even shorter for a night out on Sunday but I'm not sure it will hang on and il end ip shaving 😞 x
Highlighted

Barbs,

The secret to maintaining the list is to use Excel.  I created a main list and then from that I created sub-sheets with the different data.  If you haven't got Excel you can do the same sort of thing using the table function in WORD - it won't be quite as easy to use, but it will still work.  I maintain the list on a laptop.

Private message me with your email address if you want  me to send you a copy of the Excel sheet or a download from it into WORD.

You will never be bored maintaining the list and actually I find it quite a good displacement activity when the SE's are bothering. 

Just ask if you have questions and I'll do my best to help.

Best wishes,

Penn x

Highlighted

FEC #1 Day 4

Good morning maisies, I had the best night sleep that I have had so far this week, only woke for a short while last night. Sorry that you are having a tough time Ju, hope you feel brighter later today hunni.

Good luck to all those at the bar, let us know later that you are all back safe and sound if you can, it is not that bad having it done and you will all breathe a sigh or relief to get the first one over.

Love you all you girls xxxx

Highlighted

Can anyone tell me how soon after their first fec treatment their scalp started to tingle as I'm not sure if mine has started already on day4 or am i imagining it?
Highlighted

Good luck all at bar today. Hope everyone else ok, struggling abit at mo , will get my act together and post later. Have good day Maisie's xx
Highlighted

Sorry rosie, just realised it was my earlier post that confused you!
Highlighted

Hi tylerrose, you're not thick at all! I think we're all on different combinations of drugs and the FEC is 3drugs starting with those letters. Can't remember offhand what they are... Will confirm tomorrow as I'm in bed! E is epirubicin I think. Some people have fec-t, which is 4 drugs. Not sure how they decide, although I know part of it was to do with me being triple negative. I don't have a drip, mine is injected one by one by a nurse and only takes an hour for the whole lot.
Anyway hope you're okay after today. Me, I can't get to sleep.
Highlighted

Penny sending you an SOS!, looks like the September stars are gonna be quite a big group and they all want a list! Foolishly volunteered to do it, so need you to tell me your secret! How are you so organised? Do you keep a record in word or something? And can you maintain it on an IPad?? HELP xxxBarbs
Highlighted

Wow,,what a pleasant evening! Actually managed to sit at the table with the family and eat a whole meal, a little smaller than usual and tasted quite good, at last! Thinking of all those at the bar tomorrow, hope it goes well and you don't have too many ses. As everybody on here says, its not pleasant but its doable, just make sure you get good anti sickness meds and take them religiously! The alternative is not funny. By the way, does anyone know how soon after chemo finishes they start radio and herceptin? Just trying to plan ahead a little. Nite nite ladies, sleep well , hugs to all x
Highlighted

Thanks Tasha ..... That's very reassuring . Lynn
Highlighted

Bloody hell ate up this predictive text is doing my head in , ment to and all the other girls that are up tomorrow lol xxxxxRose