cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone starting chemo in August?

Highlighted

Re: anyone starting chemo in August?

Hi Pennycrow

I will ask the technical team if they can help at all with your lists.  It may be after the weekend when they can look at it.

Best wishes

June

Highlighted

Thanks ladies, haven't drank for so long but really needed a bottle of wine to get me through this my wig now looks fab Annie fits so much better , I think o will wear abit more eye make up now too , good luck to all those shaving their locks tomorrow it's very emotional but once it's done u do feel slightly better xxx
Highlighted

The moderators should be helping you with this Penn, the site is nuts since they changed it, I hate it now, but we are a group so I wont leave.

Lets hope they are decent enough to send you some tips to help you

xxx

Highlighted

Evening Ladies

Tax 1 day 11 Feeling positively well!!!!

Pendragon You made me laugh re cling film over picc line! It is a nightmare isn't it. I tend to roll out a piece about a foot long and then wrap it as tight as I can then add a bit to the top if needed? (hope that makes sense!) To be honest it is not completely water tight but as long as your bandage doesn't get completely soaked it should be OK.

Chezza sorry you aren't feeling too good I have the same walking through porridge type of feeling must be the anti vomit tablets but I have driven and felt fine.

Lols again sorry to hear you are not having a good time either. Have you let your unit know???

Hope everyone who was up today is feeling ok so far

TC

Jill xxxxxx

Highlighted

You're a star, Penn - thanks for all your attempts to get the list up.

Surely someone at HQ can help?   Why on earth can't we insert formatted lists on this new site....? Smiley Sad

Highlighted

Hi chezzap, thanks for your reply. I'm not having tax, just 6 FEC so already been told herceptin wont start till after chemo finishes. Good job! My poor veins will be shot otherwise! I think they may try to get one lot of herceptin in before they start the rads though. Just been reading all the posts about hair and head shaving and cant bring myself to think about it yet, I'm still dreading the prospect, I know there will be a meltdown when it comes. I'm sure you will all hear me long and loud!!
Highlighted

Right - no more lists for the time being - sorry Maisies.

Highlighted

Sorry the link isn't working for me, still cant see anything
Highlighted

Username	Bar Group 	Regime	Date 1st chemo	Date 2nd chemo
1	Jacquie08	Octopussy	3xEC, 3xTax & 18xHerceptin	02/08/2013	23/08/2013
2	Lols	Dixie Chicks	6xTAC and rads & tamoxifen	19/08/2013	
3	Annie62	Three degrees +2	3xFEC and 3xTax & hormone tabs	08/08/2013	29/08/2013
4	Claire1979	Dixie Chicks	-	19/08/2013	
5	Chezzap	Dixie Chicks	4xEC and 4xTax & Herceptin	29/07/2013	19/08/2013
6	GillyR	Dynamic Duo	6xFEC & Herceptin, Tamoxifen	20/08/2013	
7	PennyCrow	Three amigos	3xFEC & 3xTax	07/08/2013	
8	Maxie		-	-	

Trying another format

No, that's worse.

Highlighted

Bless your OH Breezy .... love & hugs x
Highlighted

Hi I'm shaving mine off tomorrow too & really dreading it but my daughter thinks a Jessie j look will suit me..... We will see, think a bottle of gin will be on hand!!!
Highlighted

Breezey, know how you feel - I've only got a sparse covering at the back and a big bald patch on top - will have to get OH to shave it tomorrow, I look so awful!  Have been wearing a turban round the house as my head was feeling so cold....Smiley Sad

On the plus side, my wig fits better now!

Highlighted

Not at all Angie - you tried to correct me before and I messed it up because I'd forgotten your weekly rather than every 3 weeks.  Obviously my brain not in gear.   I have altered the main list to show your Taxol dates - is that okay?

The table formatting is nightmare-ish unless the forum techies can help me come up with a solution?  I'll have another play and then I'm giving up fo rthe night.

Penn x

Highlighted

Hello lynn, just popping in from Aprils angels, I've just finished my chemo, 6 courses of FEC-T and I had them all via cannula in my hand, 5 in one hand and one in the other. I was told i have good veins and they only struggled on my last one getting it in. I've had two collapsed veins , one in each hand with the T (docetaxol) but they didn't collapse until a few days after the chemo was injected and they were ok but still a bit flat my the time I was due for the next cycle.
Good luck to you all, hope the side effects are kept to a minimum, take care judy x
Highlighted

Hope Lynsey is okay and that the injection will do the trick.

Highlighted

Fec 1 day 16 , well Maisies I've had to drink a bottle of wine and have cried my eyes out but oh has shaved my hair off to a number one from a long bob , I was desperatly trying to hang on to it but it was dry and like dead hAir coming away in handfuls and in fact once shaved off I'm already sporting two bald patches at the front , it was hurting so feel better but also devasted at the same time , my little boy can't bear to see me bald so sporting my annabandana tonight but oh thinks I look good as gi Jane lol xxxx
Highlighted

Thanks for making me feel ' human' again, feeling exhausted today & got a bad belly but been happy today, thanks to you guys & for seeing my beautiful daughter after a weeks holiday
Highlighted

pennycrow sorry to mess up your table although i stayed an eagle i was cancelled a week cos of the dr not sending a note through for my picc line. so i started herceptin on 13th and taxol on 22nd my next oe hopefully being next thursday as im on weekly. sorry huni. xxx

Highlighted

Don't mind me - just trying to get the table to work

Username	Date 1st chemo	Date 2nd chemo
1	Jacquie08	02-Aug		23-Aug
2	Lols	        19-Aug	
3	Annie62		08-Aug		29-Aug
4	Claire1979	19-Aug	

Highlighted

Lynsey, I hope they get you sorted really soon hunni, thinking of you xx

There must be loads we havent heard from yet, hope they are all ok xxx

Highlighted

Trying table again

Rats - formatting has gone again

Username	Date 1st chemo	Date 2nd chemo
1	Jacquie08	02-Aug	23-Aug
2	Lols	19-Aug	
3	Annie62	08-Aug	29-Aug
4	Claire1979	19-Aug	
5	Chezzap	29-Jul	19-Aug
6	GillyR	20-Aug	
7	PennyCrow	07-Aug	
8	Maxie	-	
9	Coco0896	-	
10	Bumpkin	08-Aug	
11	Tasha101	07-Aug	
12	Samjs	-	
13	Tylerrose	02-Aug	22-Aug
14	Deb12	08-Aug	
15	Lynnk	14-Aug	
16	Whiterose	07-Aug	
17	Venice25	23-Aug	
18	Kaz1961	20-Aug	
19	Lynsey44	23-Aug	
20	Helin (her Mum)	-	
21	KarenH	-	
22	Daisymegan	19-Aug	
23	ChrissyW	-	
24	JunieB	-	
25	Alison T	-	
26	QPR1111	-	
27	SpikeyRed	15-Aug	
28	Breezy41	08-Aug	
29	Ivorymummy	02-Aug	23-Aug
30	Benedictus	31-Jul	20-Aug
31	Emn	-	
32	Pendragon	14-Aug	
33	Shelley37	30-Jul	
34	Maseo	-	
35	Ruthy1	12-Aug	
36	Hudson126	-	
37	ChristineVW/JustFab	12-Aug	
38	Sakura1971	08-Aug	
39	Bakeswhenstressed	12-Aug	
40	Rainbowrosie	14-Aug	
41	Avonlady	-	
42	TollieBelle	13-Aug	
43	Jo43	30-Aug	
44	Rollercoaster	19-Aug	
45	hotkatz_ingoa	14-Aug	17-Sep
46	Malforda	13-Aug	
47	Happycats2	14-Aug	
48	Barbarella63	Now Sept	
49	KiwiHelen	31-Jul	21-Aug
50	Kickit'sass	22-Aug	
51	Paula	03-Aug	
52	Chrissie49	06-Aug	
53	hcmcleod	-	
54	Tabithacat	13-Aug	
55	CarryF	21-Aug	
56	Julie66	27-Aug	
57	Jules06	23-Aug	
58	Nichola6	23-Aug	
59	Lucy58	13-Aug	
60	JunieB	28-Aug	
61	TLW	23-Aug	
62	pas_the_boss	-	
63	pips64	23-Aug	
64	Christymay	16-Aug	

Highlighted

Rollercoaster, I watched the video earlier.........it worked ok for me.

Highlighted

Well I'm glad it is not just me that has wig problems.  Mine was trimmed before I left the salon, and my daughter, grandchildren and salon staff all thought it suited me.  Guess I will get used to it eventually.  Think I will do the same as Gilly, wait until my hair starts falling out, get my head shaved and wear the wig then Smiley Wink

Highlighted

Hello Rollercoaster

Sorry you are having problems, I have just tried the Headstrong demo and it did work for me.  I have put a link to the page on the website where the demo is if you would like to try that

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-services/information-support-sessions/headstrong?ut...

Best wishes

June

Highlighted

thanks Penny.

just heard from lynsey she is having gp come out to her as she keeps being sick.  Gonna give her an injection for it so lets hope that does the trick for her.

hope everyone else ok we seem quite subdued tonight. 

Highlighted

FEC 75 Day 1

Tooks ages had to have cold cap on 30 mins before and two hours after, they got my dose wrong in the pharmacy so had to redo it, they had real trouble finding a vein (3 attempts and a blown vein later finally they got in) and my veins are so tiny I had to have chemo delievered really slowly i.e 7 hours later and I'm home!!!!  Head was covered in ice when the took cold cap off!  Having a port fitted next time, spoke to another lady who had a port and it doesn't sound so bad and delivers chemo quicker.  Feeling queasy and shaky on and off but drinking plenty of water and eating a bit seems to take the edge off it.  Feeling high one minute and sad the next - think it's a combination of the steriods and the fact that it's 1 down 5 to go!

Hope everyone got on ok today.

Have a good evening with no/minimal se's.

TW

Highlighted

Julie,  glad I'm not the only one whose helpline doesn't get back to them....Smiley Sad

Not good, is it?   What about your blood tests?  Won't you need those before you go in?

Annie x

Highlighted

Has anyone actually managed to watch the free headstrong session on the right hand side if this web page because i've tried it several times and cant get it to work atall, was just curious to see what it says or does advise.
Highlighted

I got my wig today too. Didn't bother with NHS one but splurged on one at local salon, decided the money I'm going to save on getting my roots done, highlights and cut and blow dry will pay for it over and over. They cut me a fringe - to hide chicken pox scars- and thinned it out, which apparently is a must with any wig. So my advice would be take your wig to a hairdresser and get it cut properly to suit you. Contacted oncology again today to see if I should turn up for chemo next Tuesday, in view of the infection I've had and again nobody got back to me. So I've decided to just turn up there on Tuesday and they will have to send me away if they don't think I'm up to it, fed up of chasing them. Luckily I only live 15 mins from hospital. Here's to a good w/e. jxx
Highlighted

So.... It's Friday night ..... Feeling so much better ....... Maybe just a small glass of wine..... Urrgghh ..... Tastes like vinegar! SAD FACE!!
Highlighted

hi everyone, i decided against an nhs wig as we were asked to pay the full amount of nearly £70 i have bought a comicky one with a bob in black with grey topping and also an ebay one for £6, im not sure ill wear them but want to be prepared, got lots of bandanas and some scarves. 

can anyone help re PICC lines tried the cling fim for a shower but didnt even make it into the shower with it on, ended up sitting in the bath with it on the side, but having trouble gettng dressed with it wre it is and woke up with OH lying on it, taking my anti sickness tabs religiously and so far so good, but im taking each hour as it comes, just feel hot but temp ok.

my friend and i were talking today and realised that for years weve worn our breast cancer badges upside down only by looking at the logo on here did we realise xx

tc everyone hope people ses arent bad over the bank holiday weekend xxxx

Highlighted

Amen to the fatigue thing, i feel exhausted just getting a shower. How do some women manage to keep working through all this? They must be superwomen !
Highlighted

I agree about the wigs, Penn - they all seem so 'big' on top!   Far fuller than my real hair would ever manage!

I'm hoping my wig won't look so like a pineapple when all my hair's gone and I can pull it down more...Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted

Chezzap,

I think it is just a step at a time with the chemo and associated meds.  Be nice to yourself and "go with the flow".  Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Penn x

Highlighted

ha ha cheers Lols and Gilly

The upside is Ive not been a quivering wreck yet this cycle ( please dont tempt fate just yet!!) think I havent the energy to even cry today!!

Highlighted

Dear Lucy and Gilly,

These wigs are problematic aren't they?  I've been for my wig fitting this afternoon and although they trimmed it around my ears, it is still much fuller/longer on the top than my real hair.  The Flintstones have nothing on me!

However, hairdresser demonstrated that with damping down and smoothing the wig dries flatter.  Not sure how often I will wear "Hairy Maclary" (children's books have allot to answer for don't they?) or perhaps I just need to practice putting it on and styling?  Didn't have to pay for wig (prescription) which is just as well as ticket price was £299!

On a good note, hairdresser was wonderful and made me feel very positive about the whole experience, even clipped my hair off to a 2mm stubble so no more waking up in the morning with a mouthful of hair or moulting around the house.

Ah, another step on the road.

May all your wig-worries be small ones.

Penn x

Highlighted

Chezz I'm like that think its just the chemo and its cumulative and your second one I think your doing well but listen to your body everyone is different and we can't expect to feel the same as 2 months ago yet, we've had surgery and then chemo, be gentle to yourself it's hard enough just looking after children. Ps they are the light at the end of the tunnel and you will get there Hun, you will be whirling your bra over your head at butlins and you'll be at the top of your mountain xx ju
Highlighted

Chezza that is exactly how I feel, maybe its our combination of drugs this time although I am on last day of half dose steroids today. Wading through concrete like I said yesterday and like you weigh 30 stone. I can just rest, hope you can too with the boys hunni xxx

Highlighted

hi all

good to hear news from some of our Octupussy ladies.  Lynsey if you continue to be sick call the hotline and see what time you can take your next meds

Hi to Christymay

I have no energy today feel completely zombified.  Dont know if its the anti sickness meds which can make you drowsy.  Its a fatigue where you cant sleep but just feel weak and lethargic like even walking upstairs is a major hassle.

I just keep thinking got so far to go yet and dont know how am going to do it.  No finishing post in sight yet.

Highlighted

Lynsey, dont mess with the throwing up, call your chemo centre and get their advice, dont let the sickness get a hold or you will be in a mess, i know this because i took the meds but they didnt work so i will have different ones next time.
Highlighted

Lucy I know what you mean about the wig looking great at the salon, I loved mine there and when I got it home I swear it wasnt the same one, even though I know it was. I have such thick hair though even though it is very short now and it is lifting up the wig so I will try it again once I am bald. I have also ordered one like Sams for £7 and that is a bob so will see what that is like when it arrives. I can see me bald or with turbans though xx

Highlighted

FEC-T cycle1, day 11.

Well back from my wig fitting.  Only got one, as I am still not sure I am going to wear a wig.  Even after trimming, all the short wigs are all a longer length than my short hair.  Wig looked ok in salon, but when I put the wig on at home, it looked totally different Smiley Sad     Guess I need to practice, practice, practice before I start to lose my own hair in a few days., then I might get the wig on correctly, but hats, caps etc., at the ready just in case lol lol.

Highlighted

Hi Hotkatz, sorry to hear you're still being deluged! It's because you've subscribed to this thread. I'd recommend going into:

• My Profile
  • Subscriptions and notifications
  • Email subscription options
  • Delete selected subscriptions

That should stop you receiving an email every time someone posts here.

I'd recommend 'Bookmarking' this thread instead. All you need to do is go to the top of the thread, click 'Thread options' at the top (next to the Reply to this thread button). You can then select 'Bookmark'. You can also manage these in your profile. 

I hope this helps! Woman Happy

Highlighted

Hotkatz, go into your profile and go to preferences or on the email itself there is a link to click to turn it off. The moderator said they were going to do it but obviously havent xxx

Highlighted

Anyone know how to turn off e-mail notifications? My inbox is full!!
Highlighted

Omg body's just decided its starvin, 5 days TAC 1 hope this ends il be size of a bus!! Anyone know how to add your personal info to profile? Hope everyone ok this nausea thing is hell! Eating helps though, damn!!!!!! Sam I haven't had any alcohol since last Friday!!!!!!
Highlighted

Hi girls  Ec cycle 2 day 1,  2nd dunking complete!  They were very sympathetic that cold cap hadn't worked, on a plus note I was hours quicker than last time.  They don't want me to halve dex dose as I asked cos I was so nauseous,  but I have to take it at 7 am and 11 which should help me sleep?  Hope all other Bond girls doing ok?  I had canula again have to see how well veins hold up.  Take care girls xx

Highlighted

Hi Lyndsey I know it's a bit late now luv but I start taking my sickness meds straight away when I get back from chemo visit I take 1 tab four times a day for at least a week and not felt or been sick once prevention is always better than the cure not sure if it would work for everyone one but it as done for me xxxxxRose
Highlighted

Hi christymay sorry you've had to join the club that no wants to be in but you have come to the right place there's lots if lovely ladies on here and here to give support and advise I've found this thread invalid when you want advise or just an ear to listen when you are feeling low all I can say not knowing what you chemo details are is take all meds provided even the anti sickness I take mine straight away for at least the first week hd my second visit to the bar yesterday and so far so good feel fine xxxxx Rose
Highlighted

😞 just been sick. I just took a sickness tablet 5mins before i threw up so not sure if i should wait or try take another one.