74.3K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone starting chemo in August?

Re: anyone starting chemo in August?

Christy, when you log in there is a small box (save password and login detail)  I think that is what it says.

It is below where you enter your password. 

Click on it and a tick will appear. once this is done you should beable to just hit the log in box without going through all details again.

Hope that helps

Jo xx

I cannot upload a picture either. It says I should have an option in profile but I  have been through every option and there isnt one to upload. Got Ian to look too in case it was my chemo brain and he said the whole thing is rubbish. I thought changes were meant to be for the good, it was so simple and user friendly before, now it is pants xxx

No I can't put nothing in my profile either & your right it would be nice to know a bit about others, that's why I prob annoyed everybody the other day & wrote an essay about me & concerns , sorry if I did, another thing every time somebody posts something I have to log bk in & look it doesn't just show on the page, am I doin something wrong? Probably cuz I'm not very good at technology xx

No Tasha, no joy so far ....im at a loss.

xx

Welcome Bonski68 , Hope that feeling passes quickly for you. 

lots of ladies on here are well into their 1st cycle and some their 2nd so you will be able to guage what are normal SE"s which will helps ease any concerns. 

Much love 

Jo x

Guest user
Not applicable

Just wanted to welcome Bonski xxx
Has anyone managed to put any information in their profile since forum changed? It's handy to know people's ages and where they are living xxx

FEC-T #1, day 14

Morning all,

Another gorgeous sunny day out there.  Hope you are all having a reasonable day.  I'm feeling mostly ok today, though head feels a rather like a hangover without having drunk the alchohol Smiley Frustrated

I'm stuck in at the moment until the district nurse has been to flush my picc line out.   Penn.......hope the infection in yours soon clears up.

I now have a new look.  Yesterday, my hair started coming out a lot more, so in the evening I got hold of some clippers and gave myself the 3mm convict look haircut.  I am not happy wearing my wig, so think for the moment I will be brave and go out without headwear. It's probably too hot for headwear anyway.

Hope the nurse comes soon...........I want to go out!

That wappie feeling is very odd, nobody understands it unless they have been through chemo, I hate that se you feel very strange, I think I'm dreading the 2nd dunking more than I was the first cuz I know what to expect xxx

It sure is christymay feeling wappie today so not doing much , just a bit of washing , oh and daughter taking grandson out for a few hours so I can chill hate feeling like this not ill but not with its such a stupid feeling can't explain it really luv to all have a great day xxxxx Rose

Hi everyone...thought I'd join the in.  I started chemo last Thursday (FEC-T but getting T before FEC...so right now I'm on docetaxel).  I feel totally spaced out and my bones and joints are hurting (probably due to the Nulasta shot I received on Friday).  I hope this 'spaced out' feeling goes away...other than that I'm doing ok. 

School started up for the kiddos today (I'm US...husband is stationed and we live in teh UK)....just another reminder that they are growing up way too fast, but it does give me time to relax.  

Jill. I just said when I had my pre-assessment & when lady fitted it that it would be easier if I had nurse at home. Penn, sorry to hear about your infection, hope it's soon sorted.Glad to hear some of you are feeling better today. I've had a bad night with tummy pains & trapped wind, just need a good f**t!! Feels a bit better this morning so am off out to RNLI open day at Hoylake. Not going to let it beat me. Have a lovely day in the sunshine Maisies. Love Bev xxx

Morning Maisie's, I had a good(ish) day yest, was even brave & went out with my baldy look, only to oh aunties, who is terminally Ill with cancer & wat an amazing lady, made me think we gotta fight breast cancer & live our lives to the full, aunty pat is my inspiration & will help me through this awful time, sorry ladies I forgot to say its cervical cancer she has & was diagnosed 2.5 yrs ago & was told she had 6 months, but no the fight goes on, hope you don't mind me sharing this with you all I just think its a positive story, xxxxx

breezy, I'm under mr brown but mr purser did the mx, amazing man, I thought, & having chemo on a mon at Alex, 2nd dunking 9th sept, then rads at Coventry so same really, is this your 2nd dunking? Xxxx

Forgot to say...... Breezy49 , my mother had her rads at coventry. I have been most impressed with treatment and care she has and continues to recieve. I couldnt ask for her to be better looked after.

Makes me feel very disappointed with my own experiences with my own local hospital post op, lets hope chemo care is better hey!! 

Jo xx

Morning Maisies 🙂

Pennycow, really sorry to hear about infection in picc line......this blinking chemo is a mine field of problems/se"s, hope you feel much better real soon 

Sounds like a mixed bag with se, some of you sounding so much better which is great news and some still having a sh..ty time 😞  love to you all xxxx

Good luck to Julie66 for tomorrow, hope your 1st dunking runs smoothly and any se are minimal.

Chrissie49, good luck to you too on 2nd dunking, hope 2nd time round is kind to you.

Jo xx

Bummer, good luck penn xx ju
Guest user
Not applicable

Good Morning Maisies,

A beautiful sunny day here.  Just had pre-chemo bloods taken at surgery but have an infection in PICC line.  Talked to oncology and have to go back to hospital.  Rats!

Speak later.

Penn x

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning all, had a great night out and felt fab in my wig although a little self conscious obviously , feeling shattered today so Am having a lazy bank holiday in , ulcers and sore mouth is driving me mAd any more suggestions ? Had it over a week now eating pineapple , salty mouthwash and difflam mouthwash my onc prescribed . Can't believe we are due up to the bar for cocktails again this week it's cone round so fast , christy yes I'm under mr brown at Alex ? Then having rAds at Coventry ? Hope you are all ok and have. A nice bank holiday xxxx

wow am really having probs with internet connection this morning so hope it posts Jill and Roller glad to see you are feeling better today Gilly remember you entering vulnerable stage now . Chemo strips lining of your gut in about 7 days so any loose bowels will kick in now - keep immodium on hand Lols gonna take a leaf out of your book and go for a picnic as its a lovely day in sunny old Manchester today think just gonna wear a hat Im finding these scarves far too hot and uncomfy hope everyone does something nice for bank holiday. Just think the next BH is xmas and we will be coming out the other side of this nightmare by then BTW saw an interesting article in Welsh news about a catwalk in Cardiff with women who had been through BC. Some inspirational stuff there one woman who is now 41 has had it twice ( first dx at 29) and managed to have two children and breastfeed from one boob. She has since had other boob off and after a failed recon has thought sod it and is now breast free and looks amazing. have lovely day maisies hope to check in later if stupid bloody computer lets me

Hi everyone, just checking in to let you know I'm doing ok. Much better than last Monday, I can actually begin to believe this is doable now. I just have very little spare energy, not like me at all really but feel good despite that. Hoping to try a picnic this afternoon as long as the weather picks up, its very grey and damp right now. Have got hooked on ginger biccies, they are my first thought now when I wake up in the morning , 2 stop the pangs of hunger till brekkie time. I've also ordered a free sample of gelclear, don't need it yet but it can go into washbag for any overnight trips in case. Am going to call chemo unit to say about Emend tomorrow, sounds good stuff, I want that for the next cycle if it works best. Have a good day all whatever you are doing, talk later xx

Morning Maisies

Hope all ok with se's at a minimum!

Bev how did you manage to get district nurse to come and do your picc each week I have to go up to Delamere to get mine done every week?

Hair coming out in handfuls yesterday so friend shaved it off last night! Still have some but have lovely bald patches at back. Must say feel ok but then I only had it back for 12months or so!!!

I feel back to normal for the first time so am off out to enjoy myself. Hope eveyone has a lovely day in the sun.

Jill xxxx

Not dizzy and unsteady all time it's improving but yeah I was like that . Think you should phone and check though you can get advice today you might need something like betahistine for a few days ( works like travel sickness meds) dries up fluid in ears. You got seabands on? Don't leave it gilly you sound worse than me. X ju

Ju, are you dizzy and unsteady on your feet with it too? That is the worst thing, that I cant walk properly and need to hold on to something. My bowels are moving a bit too much too, so I think will ease up on fruit and veg today and give them a chance to settle.

Have a great picnic hunni

xxxx

Morning Maisie's, hope everyone's ok, my chemo brain in place this morn and with this new forum you can't scroll bk to comment personally so do apologise , just hi to one and all.
Can remember last post though, gilly I'm exactly same with ears, head etc was told by onc not most common se but can happen perhaps its a ear balance thing. I ve always had problems with ears and chemo exacerbates your normal weaknesses so could be that with me , it's soooo annoying. I'm going to try and ignore it today , going to pack picnic and get out in great outdoors this cancer thing can go to hell today!!!!! Just hope it doesn't get windy or that will be more hair gone, gorgeous here at mo.
Well take it easy all Maisie's have relaxin, peaceful se free day. Ps at mo I have to be near a loo so today should be interesting il have to use some initiative !!!! Xx ju x

Good morning Maisies, I hope its quiet on here because everyone is up and out having fun and the same last night. My head and ears still feel odd, I will make a phone call to the unit tomorrow and see if there is anything I can do to ease it. I havent actually had any ulcers, but have managed to bite a chunk from the side of my mouth, which is now very sore. Hope you all have a great day guys xxxx

Morning Maisie's hope everyone is feeling ok today and not suffering too much with SEs, horrible headaches, earaches, sickly tummies and hair loss everything that is ghastly for you all. Try and have a nice Bank Holiday day. Love to all Meg xx

Hi Chezzap - (hope I have the right person!) Gold63 here - we were in hospital at same time for mx.

After weeks off looking at this sight I have at last decided to join you all.

Bc diagnosed June, mx in July.

Felt like I have been in a dark  tunnel to be honest. After ct scan showed grey area on liver had furher tests and a 3 week wait to find out if cancer had spread. Not the best of times!

Relief when I got the news of all clear elsewhere was HUGE. HOWEVER, line to be fitted Thursday and first chemo session Friday. Been wig shopping this weekend and now feel sooo overwhelmed. Can't sleep well so consequently have cleanest kitchen floor you have ever seen!

VERY nervous for this week, just do not know what to expect as it seems we are all so diferent.

Will let you know...

Whiterose, I had picc line fitted last Monday and had chemo same day no problem. I was petrified too, but really its painless apart from the slight sting from the local anaesthetic. Bit achy a few days afterwards but paracetamol sorted it no problem. Much better than them digging around for a vein for every blood test and chemo.
Penn, will keep you up to date with my chemo schedule each week, you're right it seems terribly complex! Presumably they know what they're doing and there's some sort of master plan!

Lynda, I definitley need a like button for that comment xx

Hi mazies popped in from next door to say hi and hope your all coping ok xx. Really s enjoyed the poem pendragon , but my version would end ...... Oh FEC oh FEC oh FEC !!!! , or something like that lol xx Lynda

Whiterose. I had picc fitted 14th. Painless procedure, felt local anaesthetic but nothing after that, you can't feel it going round. Was a little uncomfortable but not painful that evening, but no problems since. Have got a picc cover for shower from www.limboproducts.co.uk. I have district nurse come every week to re-dress and flush through with saline & anti-clotting fluid, again painless procedure. Also you don't feel a thing when the chemo going in. Hope this goes someway to helping your fears. Bev xx

Absolutely love the gower we spend so much time there, I'm 10 mins in car from mumbles, Langland and caswell. Used to take my boys there every night after school. Worms head and rhossilli amazing too. Best holidays ever in gower xx glad u liked it xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Ju, I love Swansea! My dad has a holiday chalet at Buryport where we go sometimes and we used to always camp at the Gower when we were kids- happy days! Jxx

I was wondering how to change my pic to cuz I want my fav animal a giraffe, xx
Guest user
Not applicable

When you're driven up the wall
And you want to scream and shout 
Heres a little dammit doll
You cannot do without
Just grab it firmly by the legs
And find a place to slam it
And while you knock the stuffing out
Yell "dammit dammit dammit"
If dammit a not a word you say

Then twist it's little neck
And grumble out repeatedly
Oh heck oh heck oh heck x

does anyone rem the lil dollys you used to make with wool, just found this lil verse on my FB page thought it was quite apt to how we feel sometimes, the lil dolly was like a corn dolly, scarecrow kind of thing, cant work out how to change my pic or id put pic up on there xx

Thankyou Hotkatz - i do hope the premed works to relax me enough, anxiety overload at the moment, never sufferd with it before, doc given me some tabs to help with it, only been on them a couple of days so we will see if they help - how long has your picc been in and did it take long to settle?

Thankyou Pendragon i will have a look in boots this week. Sorry to hear you feel v tired but best to grab sleep when you can, hope your energy levels will soon pick up xxx

Whiterose. Don't worry about picc line needing time to settle. I had mine fitted same day as chemo with no problems. After it's fitted they'll take you to x-ray just to make sure it's in right place. I know you're anxious but once done you'll be glad you did. xx

Bev, I am sure I have read that bloated and painful are side effects. I suffer with my stomach, IBS, indigestion the lot and I have been taking Omeprazole, given by the hospital for heartburn and touch wood, my stomach has been really good, even the IBS xx

Guest user
Not applicable

whiterose people earlier on suggested the Naked range you can buy it in boots, ive ordered a free sample of the mouth stuff too.

im  v v tired today just slept on and off for 3 hours cant sleep at night though. OH back at work tonight too 

hope everyone is not having too many SEs enjoy the bank holiday xx

Hi all - hope you are having a nice weekend, just a quick update, picc line not put in they couldnt do it as i was too anxious so going to have a premed nxt wed for them to attempt it again, bit nervous as picc will be done wed morn and my chemo will be done in the afternoon through it so there will be no time for it to settle down.

Hair falling out loads so had it cut really short, has anybody got any tips for really sore scalp, it hurts to even touch my head so any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks x

Hi Maisie's hope everyone as had a reasonable day bit tired today done car boot this morning and been out to lunch this afternoon time to chill I think feel like I could just fall asleep , but I'll try not too but have an early night been up since 6.30 with grandson , taste buds have gone again oh the joys will be glad when the chemo as finished 3rd of the way through 4to go glad they will be finished before crimbo can't miss out on all that tasty food , hope you've all had a good day xxxxx Rose

Got a question...Has anyone else been suffering with a bloated tum & pains that feel like trapped wind? Wondered if it was just me, I was ok 'til I had a really good curry the other night and now feel like all I want to do is f**t, but can't!!! Please don't say, give up the spicy food, it's something I can taste properly. Bev x

Hi Julie I'm in Swansea . I've got noise and pain in ears I'm on TAC chemo think ear problems can go with chemo. Also quite dizzy at times but feelin bit better today, havnt stopped eating. Hair just the odd moult not like last night. Chezz I was told might get skin tingling not really had that one though , yet!!!
Hope your all having good days weather gorgeous here been in garden most of day. Jux
Guest user
Not applicable

Christymay - it is:

It's   www.gelclair.co.uk  I hope it helps!  

Does anyone hail from my neck of the woods - I live way down South - near Portsmouth.  I'm also one of the older women - 59 as well.  I found lump myself back in May - seems so long ago now.  Had that out and also lymph nodes, but after chemo still have to have a MX as worse than they realised - that was a shock.

My steroids are called Dexamethasone and even taking them at 5 a.m. and about 11a.m. I still couldn't sleep - and I realised that on the last day I only took half the dose I was supposed to - got confused with the other meds!

Anne-Marina

Penny where do I find the gelclair link please? x

pm is personal message

If you click on someones avatar on the thread it will let you send them a personal message

Hi breezy, that would be lovely to meet up sometime, so u have your chemo at the Alex? Bet we had same surgeon? It's a small world isn't it! I would love your number, sorry wat does pm mean? I so not up to date with this lingo xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hotkatz-ingoa - another 51 year old.  Steroids affect all of us in slightly different ways.  I had IV steroids and then dexamethasone tablets.